[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modeling at fashion week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (118KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 667x1000px
My agent submitted me to Prada and a handful of other castings(London, Milan), but I have no previous modeling experience. Any other models here? how does it usually work, and when are the castings? Should I remove spots and/or cut weight, change my hair? Roughly how many of the people at the castings usually end up in the show?

I would really appreciate some help I'm feeling a bit lost with this stuff, thanks /fa/
>>
>>11097642

post pic
>>
Watch the UnGlamorous male model series on youtube they address most of that
>>
>>11097719
I think people I have met are on here and I'm too self couscious
>>
>>11097761
Thanks I'll check it
>>
how do I get an agent and set up any runway modeling or photoshoot gigs?
>>
>>11097775
OP here, from what everyone's been saying, sending some pictures to agencies or getting scouted, and going from there, is the only way. Paying some random guy to be your agent is a bad idea
>>
>>11097784
Did you get scouted? Should I just send every reputable agency online photos in hopes I land a gig? Is it all just the law of averages?
>>
>>11097827
I got scouted on broadway when I was visiting new york. A few months earlier I sent pictures to lots of agencies, pictures that I had friends confirm were "good" but none of the agencies liked them - you aren't supposed to look traditionally good, it's supposed to be a neutral picture where your facial features are clearly visible. I had a friend take pictures outside and while I thought they were good at the time, they really did suck. It's better to just take pictures at home, using a tripod, with your camera at around the same level as your face with a flash. If you want to be sure that your pictures are decent, go to a site like models.com and check the runway guys' New Faces-pics. As you'll see they are not very flattering, just very neutral. When you have comparable pics, I'd say you send them to a few agencies and see what response you get. Most of the time you can send new pictures later on but be sure to select decent ones to begin with, good luck

If you don't know enough agencies, again, check models.com, the bigger ones are on there
>>
All fashion weeks have casting at the same time I think
>>
>>11097642
Ask your fucking agent, moron. That's what they're there for.
>>
>>11098404
Some of this feels a bit awkward to ask him desu
"What haircut should I get"
>>
File: 1446675747783.jpg (76KB, 449x690px) Image search: [Google]
1446675747783.jpg
76KB, 449x690px
>>11098435
can't exactly recommend you a haircut if you don't post photos of your face
>>
>>11098435
Just ask, it's literally their job to guide your career. If they haven't recommended you stuff already, they're either a shitty agent or you're already doing it right.
>>
>>11098607
Fair enough.
>>
He said there won't be a casting and that he has emailed the casting directors for "their selections." I suppose this means lots of agencies send pictures of models in and that they haven't replied yet?
>>
Im a model, but im a print and promotional model not a fashion runway model.. so.. i guess I cant help. Good luck!

As for removing, cutting weight, changing hair though, ummm assuming a company wants you they probably want you based off how you look in the pictures shown to them so you shouldnt try to change to much.
>>
>>11098277
how to properly take a picture? whenever I do that shit deforms my face, even if facing mirror and take pic its weird
tested with my girlfriend and its the same
>>
normally, the creative director will not want you to do anything with your hair, they will have hair stylists at the event
>>
>>11103063
>>11103296
Thanks, makes sense. It looks pretty shit atm and I'd like to trim it but that feels a bit stupid now
>>
>>11103187
Honestly I put the tripod pretty far away, the camera quite a few inches above my head, zoomed in, used flash, squinted slightly and opened my jaw a little while still keeping my lips shut. Sounds retarded but hey it worked
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.