[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i know it's hard but try to pretend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: H&M Jobs.jpg (24KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
H&M Jobs.jpg
24KB, 354x500px
Pretend for a second that you weren't a spoiled underage trust fund kid and you actually had to work for your money.

Would you still hate on H&M?
>>
i work, am a poorfag and hate h&m
>>
File: flight-jacket-nylon.jpg (98KB, 972x1137px) Image search: [Google]
flight-jacket-nylon.jpg
98KB, 972x1137px
honestly this jacket is rather excellent for <$30. I have many high end jackets and this is a great value.
>>
>>11092354
i bought something from there for the first time the other day (jeans)

lots of cheap and cringeworthy shit in there but the pants I got look fine and if the quality is shit who cares they were inexpensive
>>
>>11092354
>tfw Toronto gets a Uniqlo in the fall
I for one accept our new japanese poorfag overlords
>>
If you don't have a lot of money, you can buy shit that's a pretty good rip off of a designer piece and the only ones who will know it's h&m are other h&m shoppers.

Then when it rips or tears you can buy a good copy of the latest fashion and it's again fresh as fuck.

Face it grailfags, you wasted your parents' money. I'm looking more attractive to the normies in my 80 dollar fit... Trust fundies BTFO
>>
>>11092367
your mom is an excellent jacket for <$30. she jacked it all night
>>
>>11092425
ahashehahehhe
>>
>>11092354
the hate mostly comes from shitposting obviously, the other is due to the sad fact that most people here don't associate irl with anyone who even has the slightest interest in fashion/clothes/SHOPPING anything. oh and it's a very popular store

this applies to brands in h&m's range in general tho
>>
>>11092422
Pants fit like trash but there are some good cheap pieces.

You do you my dude
>>
nothing at H&M is inspired just derivative. It's not bad, it serves a purpose: disseminate popular styles/clothes to as much people as possible.
Nothing there is 'worth' buying if you care about clothes but if you want to 'look good'/need clothes then go ahead and shop there
>>
Yeah
It's fast fashion at it's WORSE, it's like going to the 99cent store for your supplies, they will constantly break down; but HEY THYER WERE CHEAP.

H&M is the 99cents Store of fashion.
>>
>>11092474
true, i tried some on when i first got into fashun but they fit and felt like absolute shit. h&m are clearly targeted towards manlets because the jeans didnt even reach my feet (im only 6ft )
honestly the best mall tier jeans are from hot topic.
>>
>>11092464
This is the shittest board on the internet and most people are aware of this. The only people who post non ironically are socially isolated autists and niggers.
>>
>>11092367
You can make a nice jacket out of polyester but in the end it's still gonna be polyester crap
>>
>>11092490
I like Banana Republic chinos
Levis for jeans
I don't step into hot topic lol
>>
If I'm spending my hard-earned money, why would I want cheap shit? Would you rather cash out a few day's pay for a pile of crap that'll be shredded in 4 months, or a few decent things that'll be with you for a while?
>>
30 bucks for a shirt
cant complain
>>
>>11092354
>>11092364
same. nothing more annoying than seeing lower quality copies of my favorite brands being sold mainly for quick cash grabs.
>>
>>11092354
Yeah. People who care about clothes can tell when something is low quality, and anyone who can't doesn't care either way. I dress boring/dadcore as fuck a lot and people still comment on how nice my shit is because Brooks Brothers is the closest to a mall brand that I ever wear.
>>
>>11092354
I dont even have money to buy stuff from there
>>
I'm a poorfag. H&M is solid. It's kinda like an episode of Friends. It's not the most brilliant shit ever, but if I'm just going to class or grabbing food, yeah, sure, I'm okay with wearing what everyone else is wearing.
>>
>>11092419
fucking pumped for this, they are shipping to other places in Canada right?
>>
H&M has some shitty as jeans. Bought some skinny jeans once and they looked like utter shit and on top of that they are way to skinny.
>>
I've got something from then that's pretty nice. I don't see the need to hate on them.
>>
i hate on fast fashion in general because they create shit products based on what's trendy.
garments don't last long and are mostly synthetic not to mention their production is taking a shit on the planet via excessive waste.
I'd be happier if the fashion industry promoted and focused on natural fibers, ethical production, waste managing, etc AND had fair pricing.

if anyone knows any brands post them.
>>
>>11092354
i used to think basics there were ok, like their basic tees.
but they're not, really.
cheap, but weird cuts and shitty fabric

i still buy undies there sometimes, but aside from that i avoid it.
>>
>>11092494

shell is 100% nylon fuccboi
>>
>>11092748
You can't have all of those things and be cheap. It's simply that people would rather buy shitty clothes and throw them away to follow trends than buy expensive clothing. Or they can't afford it of course.
>>
>>11092748

American Apparel is trying that but the quality can be spotty and the prices are much too high unless you're getting a 40%-60% discount at least.

I have just accepted that all of my favorite brands are expensive. The only other option is to go vintage. Military surplus is generally unflattering as hell and only good for a single olive parka, anorak or bomber jacket.
>>
File: myanmar.jpg (130KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
myanmar.jpg
130KB, 800x533px
>>
>>11092419
breh i can't fucking wait holy shit I'm so tired of h&m, they're making great progress at yorkdale from what i've seen
>>
>asking contrarian trust fund preteens what they think

what did you really expect? I dont get the cheap materials meme, my H&M bomber fits nice and has some great material
>>
>>11092354
working poorfag
hate h&m

hate how h&m rips off real designers, which makes it harder for real designers to keep a foothold and make a living if some big company is just gonna steal all their ideas
obviously I only care about that because I'm interested in fashion

the main problem is that companies like h&m give people the expectation that clothing falls apart in a month or two
there's this ridiculous perpetuation of clothing as temporary and disposable rather than a long-term investment
people are brainwashed into believing they need to spend money on a new set of clothes every few months

h&m perpetuates the notion of this throwaway economy where products are not only immediately obsolete but broken garbage not worth keeping around
I've bought maybe three things from h&m and they all fell apart within weeks

On the other hand I'm super happy with most of my designer stuff because, despite being expensive, it's worth every penny due to the durability or the fine quality fabrics
>>
>>11092354
>poor people don't have morals

Good one OP.
I'm pretty poor, can't afford a car or anything. I buy all my stuff through eBay and Grailed, it's infinitely better than H&M. The quality of H&M clothes is truly atrocious, really terrible. It doesn't look or feel nice either. I was in there with a friend and felt one of their quilted jackets, it felt absolutely horrible. The cotton does not feel soft in the slightest either, it's so thin you can often see through the t-shirts.

Add to that cuts and styles that are likely to go out of fashion within the week and it's just a recipe for massive amounts of wasted money
>>
>>11092913
It's not even contrarian though. The only people who shop at H&M are teenagers who don't know what they're doing.
>>
I shop at H&M quite often and that's because I have no reason to buy expensive clothes due to my weight fluctuating all the time, because of my hobby. They have really good basic t shirts, jeans aren't that bad either, but that's basically the only thing I buy from them. Oh and fucking love the overall comfortability of their sweatpants.
>>
>>11092970
Good points hear hear!
>>
>>11092981
What hobby
>>
>>11092718
I'd presume so. Might not at the same time though.
>>
>>11092999
reviewing fad diets on youtube
>>
>>11092999
Wrestling and powerlifting on the side.
>>
File: 1458042300594.jpg (20KB, 257x244px) Image search: [Google]
1458042300594.jpg
20KB, 257x244px
>>11092425
why is this so funny
>>
H&M is pretty good for well-fitting and comfortable basics, even if it's not the best quality. Their sweatpants stretch out eventually but this is easily remedied with proper washing and drying practices, or at worst a sewing machine.

People who say their H&M clothes fall apart in a month either need to take care of their clothes, or should stop expecting their $7 shirt to survive a world war. People who buy H&M knockoffs of designer pieces are most likely fuccbois and look ridiculous to everyone anyway.

For those of you complaining about fit, honestly, are you, like, a size 'expensive' or something? You're going to find clothes that fit you badly regardless of price or brand, because if you can't tell, people have different bodies and a 'medium' isn't the same all across the board. Try several sizes and/or find a fucking tailor.
>>
It's literally Walmart quality clothes sold in a shiny store and endorsed by pop stars and soccer players so teenagers think it's good.
>>
>>11092488
Do you wash your clothes by beating them against the local river rocks.
>>
>>11093028
Cuz you're 12
>>
>>11092354
Most of the clothes at HM is shit but there are exeptions. For example the Army of Me inspired collection that was released this winter. It had atleast 3 pieces that looked great
>>
>>11093174
River stones
>>
>>11092490
Hot topic is only good for band shirts and even then its only for specific styles
>>
>>11092354
I've been buying there for years, every single piece i bought has lasted for at least 1.5 years. Literally the only reason to hate on it is if you think fashion is hard and want to justify spending more money on your shit than people who look better than you in 10$ shirts.
>>
>>11092490
H&M slim chinos fit great and are $30.
>>
>>11092354
It's ok I guess. Pretty shit quality in my experience, but I did get a nice Oxford there for cheap and it has held up for two years. I prefer Uniqlo. Similar price but so much better in quality.
>>
>>11092968
>rather than a long-term investment

Do you rent out your clothing? Gross tbqh.
>>
>>11092968
Lol, you don't sleep with a lot of girls and dress up to feel better about your insecure self.

My $80 fit gonna steal your girl, my $80 fit gonna make me the son your mom wishes she had, my $80 fit is gonna make me known as "the well dressed one" to all the normies

Rickfags on suicide watch
>>
It's not about the brand but it's about how you pull the outfit off.
>>
I'll buy their skinny chinos and jeans. also will buy their basic tees if i'm needing something grey. Have bought some of their jumpers for £7 because.. it's £7 and warm and a navy crewneck. also a reduced oxford that does the job.

Can't see myself ever buying any of the 'fashion' ranges.

The jeans and chinos have always lasted a year or two

but hey I look good in black trousers and a grey t shirt so this fashion thing comes easy to me
>>
I don't understand where the whole "H&M quality falls apart in weeks etc" comes from. A lot of my wardrobe is H&M and it all basically looks the same as the day that I bought it. As long as you take care of your clothes and clean and dry them appropriately, they'll last for years.
>>
>>11092354
Fuck Ive got cash all the time but I like h&m, I go there everytime I want a plain shirt or something
>>
>>11092354
I mean, as long as my senses of sight and touch functioned properly.. then.. yes.

Wish I had me some fundytrust.
>>
>>11092490
I reallly like Gap's clothing, but prefer Levi's for jeans.
>>
>>11095528
Gaps jeans fit really well, not as good as levis but very close to it for about half the price.
>>
Yes and no. h&m somewhat managed to eradicate the bullying of kids from the financial lower class (at least where I'm from). Still don't like their clothes though.
>>
>>11092425
Huah
>>
basic tees only really
their jeans are made like dogshit
>>
>>11092893
Those people make expensive clothes too though.
>>
Only thing good at H&M is their teenage workers trapped in a place I can sexually harass.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.