[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Uni/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 72

Admissions Edition:
I just got accepted, but it was for General Studies.
Is it as bad as I think it is?
>>
who /UofT/ here
>>
what the fuck is general studies lmao
>>
>>11088781
ayyy, what for?
>>
File: pabloprint.png (72KB, 1440x851px) Image search: [Google]
pabloprint.png
72KB, 1440x851px
Just got UCSB and Occidental College today, will hear from UC Berkeley Thursday, Amherst Friday, and next week should be Dartmouth, Princeton, Harvard, Williams, Reed, and Deep Springs College
>>
>>11088805
>Deep Springs
effay as fuck but you're not getting in
>>
>>11088774
>stuck in community college because I slacked off in high school
>all my friends who went off to uni are having a great time, partying, meeting people, living abroad
>still stuck at home with parents, life just as shitty as it was in high school except now i have no friends near me
Be glad you got into University anon, you'll probably have a great time regardless of your major
>>
>>11088774
It's pretty bad. Guys from better nearby schools like Harvard, MIT, Tufts and BC treat BU's female student body like a communal toilet.
>>
File: deep springs is quite :fa:.jpg (51KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
deep springs is quite :fa:.jpg
51KB, 553x369px
>>11088810
I mean I made it past the first round which cut out ~80-90% of applicants.

I went out to the campus for my interviews and shit for 4 days and I really enjoyed it and the students seemed to enjoy my company.

My essays were all good and my interviews were with some good friends in which I did really well.

I feel pretty good about it
>>
>>11088805
going to occidental next year. Was looking at Kenyon, Wesleyan, bates and colorado college and USF but applied oxy ED II after visiting cause i liked it a lot.
>>
>>11088841
It's an incredible school, amazing location- really engaging classes/intellectual environment- awesome social scene with a chill and diverse student body. Honestly one of the better universities in the world.
>>
>>11088849
location and weather are what sold me desu. Good luck on Deep springs. very based college
>>
>>11088874
Thanks senpai, I love how it is in LA in that you can go to the beach, mountains/snow, and downtown within an hour each- but the campus itself feels detached and not necessarily urban because of the surrounding hills. So Cal weather can't be beat but the layering game is too dirty down here- I hope you don't have a lot of tricky ricky bombers or raf parkas
>>
File: AMERICA.png (327KB, 1051x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA.png
327KB, 1051x1024px
Only one effay university, gents- and you are all too stupid to get into it! guffaw!
>>
File: sad simons.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
sad simons.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
>>11088879
>tfw you want to convince yourself not having a raf parka is a good thing but you can't do it
>>
>>11088892
but i'm currently at harvard famalam
>>
>>11088896
What social club do you belong to?
>>
ITT: underage
modsssssss
>>
>>11088774
Yo welcome man
I'll be a CGS sophmore next year
email me if you have any questions
>>
File: wefrwefwefwef.jpg (219KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wefrwefwefwef.jpg
219KB, 765x1024px
>>11088805
I'm a Junior at Harvard right now and I am going to say that you should not come here if you get in.

I regret coming here over Williams, Amherst, Princeton, and Stanford quite a bit. The campus isn't super amazing and even classically beautiful areas like the Yard are perpetually populated with Asians asking you to take a picture in front of every fucking thing there (I understand a pic in front of John Harvard but like why a picture in front of the WP?) I'm in Elliot and while the housing isn't terrible it is not half as good as other schools that you mentioned, the buildings need some serious maintenance and HDS isn't super great. I have almost no interaction with the faculty, I'm an Econ major and not one of the faculty have any idea what my name is even after being asked to do research under Greg. The social scene is pretty bleak as well and I have found that the best parties are at DTD at Tufts, some frats at BU, or Emerson (awesome for drugs). There are no parties that are worth going to because underclassmen never get invited to the good ones unless you have a connection which you will have zero opportunity to foster during your first two years. There are really whack distinct social classes yet everyone thinks they are the second coming of Christ. The start up kids, the theater kids, the final club kids, the academic kids, each one is so far up their own ass it is appalling.

>>11088892
>>11088896
Where you @ family
>>
>>11088914
I only applied because I thought it would be funny to get in and reject Harvard- It's stupid but something something taste of their own medicine.
>>
>>11088914
spent a week touring ivys last year for law school and holy moly harvard is a boring place.
could never live there
>>
>>11088922
Thank God. Maybe once Harvard stops getting to live off of it's rep it'll actually put effort into being great. Best of luck in your admissions /fa/m.

>>11088925
It's bleak at best. I'm quite excited to go to Stanford or somewhere nice for grad school. However, Boston is a pretty GOAT city and there are some pretty fun places around here.
>>
File: university-of-winnipeg.jpg (137KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
university-of-winnipeg.jpg
137KB, 620x349px
find me
>>
File: UNSW_logo.jpg (55KB, 1252x328px) Image search: [Google]
UNSW_logo.jpg
55KB, 1252x328px
any /universityofchina/ man in?
so many gooks walking around in their zanottis, bape and other trash
>>
>>11088914
>DTD at Tufts
Tufts alum here. DTD is alright but if that's what constitutes a top-tier college party then just end me. The girls j know who went to final club parties say they're pretty much comparable.

Going to a Wellesley party with some boys with game is an experience, though they tend to put their defenses up when they find out you're form Harvard because so many Harvard guys think the name will get them laid.
>>
you guys all 17 or what
>>
>>11088966
>being a senior in high school, college student, graduate applicant, alumni or post gap-year
>being less than 18
>>
>>11088934
spend a lot of time at Stanford (UCB sr)
always an amazing time. essentially lawless campus
>>
>>11088973
I was 17 when I was a senior m8
>>
>>11088998
tfw 4chan was made by a 15 year old
>>
>>11089004
The 18+ rule has been around since before Moot turned 18, I'm pretty sure. It's just an ass-covering measure for when people start complaining that the site exposes children to insppropriate stuff.
>>
Guys recently my admissions process hasn't gone so well. I personally don't value college as something special in my future and I figured just to go for my family's sake cause I just want to lead being an entrepreneur or start my own business regardless of obtaining an MBA.

I've only gotten into 3 colleges out of the 9 extreme reaches I've applied to and they personally aren't anything to brag about, but now my mother has told my lame fucking brother who isn't as mature/sharp as I am that I haven't gotten in to a lot of colleges as if to learn from my mistakes.

I know this may sound weird but recently I'm assuming this kids hormonal levels are uncontrollable and he cannot communicate with his friends at school normally as he does in the house. He's a normal kid but has severe aggression issues and keeps trying to vent on me for some reason and every time he insults me, I insult him back but now he's been trying to pull the "how does it feel getting rejected by all colleges?" snarky comment which I unreactively have to comeback at without trying to get into a fight as I've been getting severe pain when I get into altercations.

It doesn't really faze me that I didn't get into my reach colleges, but what does affect me is why he would fucking be so lame as to constantly bring that up as if to see my downfall? Every time he would front on me I would beat the twerps ass, but now I've been getting headaches and realize it's not worth my energy nor my time.

Is it normal for a sibling to be that self-destructive to an older brother?

And would it be worth rocking this kid who isn't even a brother at this point, or will that honestly show how low I've stooped and that he's gotten to my feelings?
>>
>>11089139
honestly if you didn't get into any good schools and your brother is dumber than you are I would just be smug at how much he is going to fail
>>
File: UCIrvineAnteaters.png (161KB, 225x308px) Image search: [Google]
UCIrvineAnteaters.png
161KB, 225x308px
Who else /shitmascot/ here
>>
>>11089139
its just brotherly banter lad, im sure he still loves you
>>
>>11089146
My SAT score is in the 2000s but my GPA is low cause I fucked up early and I was such a tryhard in APs and Honors

He's a scumbag in regular classes with a "higher" unweighted GPA therefore looks better on paper

>>11089154
No it isn't, I'm literally at the point of rocking this kid off the porch
>>
>>11088805
YOU WANT UCSB
youre probs too smart, if you get in somewhere better go. but last year i chose ucsb over occidental/ ucsd, best decision i ever made.
>>
>>11088839
shit onii-senpai good luck.

>>11088892
literally not the best at anything

>>11088966
what this >>11088973 guy said, graduate applicant.

>>11089139
I went to a useless undergrad and now I'm going to a top tier law school. Duke rejected me for UG and four years later I didn't even bother to apply to their shit school.

>>11089156
GPA is pretty much everything dude. It's lame but its true. As long as you have test scores near the median GPA is what gets you places.

>>11089174
you made a good choice
>>
honestly the college you get into doesn't even fucking matter unless it's one of the super prestigious ones

nobody cares once you have a degree, and nobody cares once you have a job
>>
ITT: americans who will spend 20 years of their life paying back their student debts

E N J O Y
N
J
O
Y
>>
>>11089291
>at UCLA for F R E E
>>
>>11088938
senpai we out here. what you studying?
>tfw half of my commerce classes are internationals
>>
>>11089174
shit bruh, you live in FT?
>>
File: logo-paris-sorbonne.png (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
logo-paris-sorbonne.png
16KB, 220x220px
Literally the most effay uni there is

who /sorbonne/ here
>>
>>11089516
It's honestly not anymore. Plus you're probably an American studying at one of the affiliate universities with the name Sorbonne.
>>
>>11088961
They have a pretty clean house, even if they are on suspension at the moment, and as a Harvard student I can basically get in without any girls. I'll have to check out a Wellesley one at some point.
>>
who /tu/ here?
>>
File: uOTTAWA.gif (6KB, 501x431px) Image search: [Google]
uOTTAWA.gif
6KB, 501x431px
Highly uneffay
>>
File: image.gif (6KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6KB, 200x242px
Nobody here is remotely /fa/ in any sense. Only a two or three times have I ever passed by someone on campus and thought "well shit they dressed well today."

There's also a lot of attempted and failed mfa looks by people who think they know what they're doing.
>>
>>11088827
lmao @ 'guys' from harvard & mit, every party i ever went to you could tell who went to those schools because they were the biggest pussies, no party pussy for them, just some boco tinder pussy. nice try. lmfao nice fucking try hahaha
>>
>Cornell here

it's really pretty but the weather means a lot of people just bundle up a lot and it harshes their /fa/. 7/10 would recommend
>>
>>11089196
/thread
so true
no one gives a fuck anymore about undergrad unless you are going into investment banking and need a good school to get you a shitty analyst position, or going into computer science or some shit
go to whatever undergrad you want, if you plan on getting a master's then try to be a little more selective, but even then NO ONE GIVES A FUCK
i know friends who went to 'shitty texas schools' who are making 2.5-3x the salary/bonus literally first fucking year out of undergrad than my friends from these 'prestigious ivy leagues'
>>
File: get.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>11088816
Same man, i have a 2.8 gpa and my test scores are average, everyone says you come out of your shell in college so i guess there is no hope of me having a good life,

Feels bad man
>>
>>11089798
I go to Ithaca College, there are like 7 /fa/ people here, pretty small but has good programs, so that's really the only reason I'm here
>>
>>11089838
Ithaca itself is pretty /fa/, which I value more than the people themselves being /fa/

it could be worse, I could be at Dartmouth where the town sucks too
>>
>>11089813
Also got no extra curriculars because lack of interest and shyness so im not getting into 90% of the schools im applying to
>>
0/10 effay
>>
>>11089570
But I'm an European studying at Panthéon, which is as Sorbonne as it can get, so you missed all three claims.
>>
File: pton.png (5KB, 370x110px) Image search: [Google]
pton.png
5KB, 370x110px
anyone else actually /ivyleagueprep/ here?
>>
>>11088774
I got into CGS at BU too but only through the Boston-London program and desu that ruined BU for me, I'm probably going to Northeastern instead.
>>
File: Ens.jpg (23KB, 344x275px) Image search: [Google]
Ens.jpg
23KB, 344x275px
>>11089516
>>11089570
>>11089886

Superior one coming through
>>
>>11088914
ay I'm econ at Princeton trust me I wish I went to Harvard
>>
>>11088914
Okay that sounds disappointing and all but isn't the whole point of going to Harvard the job prospects and alumni network? I'm sure other things could get better, but a lot of people would put up with a lot more BS just to have that kind of leg up career-wise. Anyway, Cambridge is an awesome town so you're beating most universities just in terms of location.
>>
>>11088893
Keep your chin up mate.

I go to Cornell and I can tell you that the kids heads are probably almost as far up their own asses, except that there not even especially smart or gifted. Most people have crazy inferiority complexes which they parade around campus by doing shit like showing off that they know the answer in intro classes, bragging about how rich their dad is etc. Pretty much everything is exclusive but the flip side of people being stupid and insecure is that there is a fair amount of debauchery to be had. grading is also pretty harsh. But i think having a solid circle of friends and a positive outlook has made college a neutral to good experience for me. I have a brother at one of the schools you listed and he dislikes most of the kids plus it's much harder than Harvard. Look on the bright side, at least you have Boston, comparatively easy grading, and stupid people will think you're a genius for the rest of your life for whatever that's worth.
>>
>>11089970
you replied to the wrong person senpai
>>
>>11089970
to be fair I think it's like this at every ivy not just Cornell

people at Dartmouth and Brown are incredibly insecure about their positions as well, and Columbia and Penn students just kill themselves
>>
>>11089194
>law school
lol
young attorney here, law school super sucks and so does the legal job market
do not go unless you have scholarship. even with a decent salary student loans will choke you for years. hope you've made your research. if you do poorly first year just drop out because it will haunt you and hurt your job opportunities.
hopefuls hates unsolicited law school advice but i feel like everyone deserves a fair warning
>>
>>11088914
Just curious but what do you plan to do with your econ degree?
>>
>>11089898
Fellow /princeton/ here. Sperries: the college.
>>
Ucf

Riperoni
>>
File: sc_po.png (14KB, 850x450px) Image search: [Google]
sc_po.png
14KB, 850x450px
>>11089516
science po is pretty dope though.
>>
anyone here studying in germany? /fa/ german schools?
>>
File: maceng.jpg (25KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
maceng.jpg
25KB, 400x221px
So many international students wearing Supreme or CDG
>>
>>11090028
Year/Conc? 17/ECO here. Having so many athletes really fucking sucks for our fashion scene.
>>
anyone else with offers from glasgow?
>>
File: Firma_vertical.png (82KB, 574x498px) Image search: [Google]
Firma_vertical.png
82KB, 574x498px
Who /lone wolf/ here?
>>
>>11089813
>>11088816
lmao i dont know what my highschool GPA was but in uni i had a 1.8 last semester. i dont even go to a shit school, though it is by no means, one to brag about.
ive got it up to like 2.02 now

>>11088839
why are highschool kids posting on /fa/?
>>
>>11090081
>why are people who are allowed to post on this site posting on this site?
>>
>>11088774
Not entirely. Transfer to a real major within the school ASAP.

>>11088805
Good luck!

>>11089139
>I just want to lead being an entrepreneur or start my own business regardless of obtaining an MBA.
Everyone thinks this, but the basic fact of reality is that you aren't going to make shit unless you have some skill. You are not the next Bill Gates. Your mom is being cruel, but you need to man the fuck up and get your shit together.
>>
File: edinburgh.png (204KB, 1017x1024px) Image search: [Google]
edinburgh.png
204KB, 1017x1024px
anyone else study at UoE here?
>>
Lol I was stoned as shit in the BU cafeteria on Friday my brother let me in
>>
Anybody go to UEA/East Anglia here? How is it? Thinking of applying because of course etc but never managed to catch an open/applicant day

I headed down to Royal Holloway the other day but it seemed a little Tory for me desu even tho it's aesthetic as fuk

I consider Norwich to be a pretty /fa/ city
>>
File: visit-usf.jpg (881KB, 980x950px) Image search: [Google]
visit-usf.jpg
881KB, 980x950px
>32 ACT
>3.8 unweighted GPA

didn't get into ucla, still waiting to hear from uc berkeley (99% chance i don't get in). usf gave me $22k a year so i'm most likely headed there for architecture/community design.
>>
>>11090081
>/Uni/ Thread
>Admissions Edition

traditionally the ones in the admissions process are high schoolers. i'd also wager that 60% of the people on /fa/ are high schoolers.
>>
>>11090190
What led you to that conclusion
>>
>>11090062
I've been to Tamarindo twice. What are you studying? I bet the campus is shitty
>>
File: logo-uba.jpg (271KB, 969x971px) Image search: [Google]
logo-uba.jpg
271KB, 969x971px
>tfw everyone dresses like shit here
>>
>>11090081
Yeah but your already in uni, all u gotta do is graduate and your done, i need a better gpa to get into uni
>>
>>11088774
I'm a BU 2015 grad. It's way better than the surrounding schools.

BC and other surrounding schools aren't actually in the city and are all white prep fag core.

There is a ton of shit to do. Embrace the hipster-esque lifestyle even if you don't embrace the style and all. You can have a lot of fun at BU if you try.
>>
>>11090195
>use of the word "meme"
>use of internet memes (i.e. "damn daniel!")
>general angst/combativeness
>insecurity
>(what i perceive to be) lack of social acuity >young people who own designer clothing worth thousands of dollars. they either got that money from their parents or bought fake designer clothing. both of those possibilities are something a teenager would be guilty of.
>>
File: foijsefoijsefsefsf.jpg (505KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
foijsefoijsefsefsf.jpg
505KB, 3872x2592px
>>11089936
Can I ask why?

>>11089962
Sure, the job prospects are stellar and I've gained some fantastic opportunities through the Alum network which have allowed me to intern at Brookings my freshman summer, and PWC my sophomore summer. But you're mistaken if you think that only Harvard can offer that to a student. Most prestigious universities have comprehensive alumni networks that will strongly advantage your career building opportunities, even a middle end state school like the University of Georgia offers a very nice alumni network.

I agree with you on Cambridge, it is an awesome city with great people and a lot of interesting diversity.

>>11090024
Hopefully get into a good grad school and get my PhD, then work in the government or a think tank like Brookings. Potentially working for the World Bank or IMF doing third world economic research and development.
>>
File: 1268256035488.jpg (43KB, 421x599px) Image search: [Google]
1268256035488.jpg
43KB, 421x599px
>Be 23
>Currently working as a student tutor for high school kids while I wait to matriculate to medical school in August
>mfw youth is fleeting and many of you are as old as the kids I teach

I graduated from UCSC in 2014, and will be attending Touro COM CA. I haven't tried a day in my life.
>>
>>11088909
Whats your email senpai
>>
File: image.png (246KB, 6600x2340px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246KB, 6600x2340px
Who /Vic/ here?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 528x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 528x270px
Time to get new balances and other autism clothing to fit in.
>>
>>11088774

Starting in general studies means you're going to be a year or more behind when you do choose a major.
>>
>>11090023
>do not go unless you have scholarship
i have one. no way im paying sticker.
>>
>>11090109
going there next year
>>
Who /boulder/ here
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 2000x2000px
ok
>>
>>11090836
>tfw they rejected me

they said I wouldn't meet the required grades, but I ended up exceeding them. still angry at lse.
>>
>>11090835
rich faggot arnt you? i live in colorado and still cant afford to go to boulder because of all the fucking out of state kids flooding it and raising tuition
>>
>>11089516
meh

>>11089915
effay

>>11090042
>the school that takes every retarded american
>>
File: illinois.png (33KB, 600x269px) Image search: [Google]
illinois.png
33KB, 600x269px
>just fuck my life up tier

ill be going for aerospace engineering.
>>
>>11089970
>>11090240
>>
>>11090847
how mad will you be when i tell you i'm going for an arts degree :~)
>>
>>11090873
>2016
>art degree
fell for the artist meme
you deserve to be unemployed and drowning in debt when you graduate
>>
>>11090878
I'm not actually going for arts. Web design most likely.
>>
Anybody here go to CU Denver?
>>
>>11090791
Good luck there man.
I got in but didn't go because of how autistic everyone there is and from what I've heard it's not that great for UG
>>
>>11089779
lmfao lopl hahahhaha xddd
>>
>>11090909
>>11090791

I'm studying there right now and it's killing me. Considering transferring departments next semester.

Good luck breh
>>
so in the us you get into university before you decide what your major will be? what the fuck? what do they base the admission on if they don't know what degree you'll be getting? can anyone that gets in just go for any major?
>>
File: neu-seal[1].jpg (141KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
neu-seal[1].jpg
141KB, 300x300px
>>11089900
Do it
>>
anyone? I'm starting ibeb in august.
>>
>>11090930
some people declare, some people don't. usually people who transfer majors do so within their school (so in a school of engineering, for example, switching from aeronautic engineering to civil engineering or something). if you want to switch schools within the university, there's typically a transfer application process
>>
>>11090048
>anyone here studying in germany?
yes
>fa/ german schools?
no
>>
>>11088914
>>11088805

What are your views on top LACs such as Amherst/Williams? Are they effay and worth going to?

>>11088914
You say that you regret going to Harvard over schools like Williams and Amherst but I have heard the same complaints from students attending these schools. For example, unenjoyable social scene (Amherst banned frats) and smug faggots as well. So what is your take on that?
>>
>>11089401
Lol yeah, is this Kevin or Luis
>pls be Asian dude w Rick and thom browne
>>
>>11090955
not who you replied to but there will be unenjoyable social scenes and smug faggots in ANY college you attend. just focus on making a good circle of friends that match your interests and you're set.
>>
who /nyu/ here?
>>
>>11089147
more like /mindnumbinglyboringcampus/
>>
File: 1434662054381.jpg (374KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1434662054381.jpg
374KB, 1126x1091px
>>11090836
ayyyy what do you study

i graduate in july tho lol fml
>>
>>11089147
grad student...being an undergrad here would be hell
>>
File: university.seal.rgb.black.png (262KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
university.seal.rgb.black.png
262KB, 2000x2000px
UChicago here, AMA

general statement: students are not /fa/, architecture is very /fa/
>>
File: kth.png (219KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
kth.png
219KB, 567x565px
>Who else non-American
>>
>>11091024
Is it as much of an autism-fest as I've heard?
>>
File: UTAustin-Final.png (61KB, 550x210px) Image search: [Google]
UTAustin-Final.png
61KB, 550x210px
Nothing is more uneffay than /texas/
>>
>>11090767
"Univeristy" of Victoria
>>
>>11090986
international relations
>>
>>11089392
Doing med chem lad, I feel you tho, most of the people in science subjects dress like shit
>>
>>11090941
Got accepted but not going familia :(
>>
>>11090849
I went to high school in Illinois so most of my friends went to UIUC. They have a lot of fun there and it has a good engineering program, it's just that it's in the middle of fucking nowhere thank god I left Illinois
>>
>>11091105
I go to Texas A&M. At least you guys don't have Corp guys, they're fucking annoying
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
c o l u m b i a
>>
This is true. I actually love UT and the people here, it just isn't a fashionable university (but what in the south is anyway)
>>
>>11091233

Meant for >>11091178
>>
File: ucr.jpg (93KB, 994x609px) Image search: [Google]
ucr.jpg
93KB, 994x609px
>>11090205
>I bet the campus is shitty

It's actually quite nice desu senpai
>>
>>11091178
I do too, they mostly keep to themselves in my experience but they definitely take it way too fucking seriously. Some babybitch looking corp member tried to give me shit for walking on some "sacred grass" once, like come the fuck on man
>>
>>11091242
At A&M Galveston we have maritime academy guys and I think they're worse. The already low requirements to get into a&m Galveston are lowered even more if you do the academy.
>>
>>11091241
Wow that is pretty nice. I guess I just assumed that's how it would be because of a college I passed on the road.
>>
>>11090941
I know someone in Erasmus. He's the single biggest fucking douchebag I know.
>>
File: UMASSBOSTON_ID_blue.v2.png (16KB, 220x287px) Image search: [Google]
UMASSBOSTON_ID_blue.v2.png
16KB, 220x287px
lmao going here in the fall because its free and i have no idea what to go to school for. just have to pay for an overpriced apartment.
>>
File: psych pepe.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
psych pepe.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>>11091232
>>11091024
>>11090836
>>11090240
>>11089898
>>11089516
>>11088961
I think what I hate the most about 4chan is that I think I'm slumming it with fellow losers and then come to find out that there are loads of people from Ivies and shit on here.

Like, shouldn't you guys be out doing something productive to support me?
>>
I was incredibly lazy at school and had a huge sense of arrogance with a lot of teachers, I got good grades but still. I ended up doing my A levels in IT (which I regret) and I know I wouldn't be able to get into a good uni so I've ended up having to do open university (basically a British, home learning version of community college) in law. God I hope I do well enough to get a masters at a good uni and go onto do my LPC. Any recent law graduates here to determine whether or not I'm fucked?
>>
>>11091242
Thoughts on the frat daddies?

DUDE WHITEWASH JEANS GRAY NEW BALANCE AND SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN LMAO
>>
Just got rejected from Williams :(
>>
File: -FCVLH14.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
-FCVLH14.png
55KB, 512x512px
Just accepted into pic related, but I have to choose between RISD and CalArts and I know I would be much happier lifestyle wise at CalArts but would get a better academic education at RISD. What the fuck do I do
>>
>>11091275
ayy similar boat, but little south
>>
File: harvard-university-logo-315694.jpg (308KB, 1539x1015px) Image search: [Google]
harvard-university-logo-315694.jpg
308KB, 1539x1015px
>>11090955
Harvard guy here.

I'm not going to claim to be effay at all with my basic as fuck prep fits so I will just skirt around that question but I'll try and approach the other ones.

I view students at the top LACs in the same exact light as I view students from any HYPSM school. They are very smart (or connected) and passionate about learning, they have the same exact diverse range of opportunity ahead of them as any student from HYPSM. Amherst, Williams, Bowdoin, Swarthmore, Pomona, etc all have extremely comparable programs to any Ivy League undergraduate expirience and will grant a student much more access to faculty and research opportunities. Like I said in my original post, the faculty hardly know who I am despite doing copious work for them in my two and a half years here. Sometimes LACs can be much more conservative with their financial aid and thus can make it difficult to be able to afford the giant price tag as opposed to the elite universities where they could make it free tuition for every student and pay for it off of the interest of their endowment.

I've heard from friends who ended up going to the LACs that places like Williamstown, Amherst (though they have UMass?), and Brunswick are socially dead and very difficult to find any sort of interesting sub culture. However, at that point you have to weigh what you are going to college for.
>>
went to Keene this year. Seemed good when I visited but it sucks lol. Honestly I only went here because it was the best of the schools I applied to and I was invited to join the Honors society. Seemed like a good deal, small scholarship and I get to live in a suite instead of a standard dorm room. Unfortunately everyone in honors is either an autist or a loser. Probably sounds douchey but it's true. Kids dress like absolute shit here too. I mean you guys call Stan Smiths a meme but I'm dead ass the only person on campus who owns a pair, at least that I've seen lmao. Closest shit I've seen is a couple pairs of adidas NEO's, which are middle school tier.

Point is, I'm transferring to a school in Boston next year, probably Suffolk. Anyone here know what the story is on social shit there? I know a girl from highschool that goes there who's pretty cool and probably hangs out with a solid group but other than that I'll be going in somewhat blind.

sorry for the life story. Don't go to Keene.
>>
File: BC.png (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
BC.png
18KB, 225x225px
Currently deciding between Boston College and the University of Vermont. BC obviously has better name recognition, but UVM is far more affordable. I'll never make a lot of money because I want to be a public defender so I think I'm going with UVM. If there are any students at either one of these I would appreciate your input.
>>
>>11091314
Yeah i dunno usually what you see is what you get with those dudes. Very rarely have i met a frat ass, lifted truck, daddy buys all my shit type of guy and had a conversation that goes any deeper than what major theyre in or how "fucking sick" smoking weed is. Ive definitely Met some sick ass people that look the part though so i wouldnt be too judgemental based on what they look like.
>>
>>11091329
I live in RI and RISD is fucking fantastic. I've been to the art museum there a ton of times, and my friends sister goes there. She's a fantastic artist and loves it. I can't speak for CalArts but you won't regret RISD.
>>
>>11091376
>Honors
You live in Holloway then. We're in the same building right now.
>>
>>11091389
He called you an autist loser. go defend your honor and beat the shit out of him.
>>
File: pratt.jpg (91KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
pratt.jpg
91KB, 750x400px
feelsgoodman
>>
>>11091394
Nah, he is right. I'm transferring out of Keene to a much much much better school next year.
>>
File: jen koch.jpg (111KB, 736x912px) Image search: [Google]
jen koch.jpg
111KB, 736x912px
>>11091329
RISD is a strong as fuck school. Kids from Brown have a ton of respect for them and RISD guys even have a reputation for poaching hot Brown girls. I don't have a ton of experience with art schools, but people who went to SCAD and MassArt seem to hold RISD in high esteem.

>>11091377
I've never heard of anyone being super impressed by a BC diploma, and I know people who went to UVM and are extremely successful, so if money's potentially an issue, follow the scholarship.
>>
>>11091376
>adidas NEO's, which are middle school tier
shit I wear those, I gotta disagree with you. I like them a bit more than stans.

My buddy is a junior at suffolk, its got an average social scene. The honors' dorms have shit students living in them, be careful about picking where/with who you stay.
Nothing too special in the social aspect at the school but if you put forth effort to meet people in clubs/events you'll be good. Go to umass amherst on the weekends if you want to actually party.
>>
>>11091419
who dis bich?
>>
File: 1453663280993.jpg (112KB, 864x691px) Image search: [Google]
1453663280993.jpg
112KB, 864x691px
Ohio State University. This place is suffocating me
>>
>>11091427
filename

She's a model.
>>
>>11088774
MIT here. Currently part of research team in Quantum mechanics. I hate it here. The women are stuck up as fuck. The black kids are strange as hell, and all the white guys are either homosexuals, or are complete shut ins.
UCLA would've been better.
>>
>>11091141
shame, where you going instead?
>>
>>11089813
I had a 2.2 GPA and 34 on my ACT. I didn't get accepted to anything because every uni thought I was cheating on my ACT score.
Currently comm college. This is just cancer.
>>
Got accepted early to UC Berkeley and want to go there. Thoughts? I want to do Economics or Linguistics. Are there actually any good surfers at Berkeley? I want to surf big OB but not alone.
>>
>>11091329
if you think you'd like CalArts because it's in LA - it's not. LA proper is a solid 45 minute drive away (without traffic, 1:30hr with) and the town it's in is a boring suburbia.

at least with RISD, you're stuck there with all the other students as there's not much to do in the surrounding area and that'll create a better 'university' experience.
>>
I've been rejected by 6 schools were I was within the middle 50% for test scores and was recruited for sports. What did I do wrong /fa/milia?
>>
>>11091473
Cowabunga dude!! XD
>>
>>11091463
I know MIT football players and frat guys who don't seem that weird or gay. Can you not hang out with them?

You're def right about the girls though. Holy shit are MIT girls annoying.
>>
>>11091467
CC is a great may to go. You save money
>>
>>11091493
ASIAN
S
I
A
N

Or you had shitty essays and were boring.
>>
File: ReedCollege.jpg (176KB, 852x856px) Image search: [Google]
ReedCollege.jpg
176KB, 852x856px
If anyone here currently goes to Reed can you share your thoughts on it?
>>
>>11091493
Same guy here- I feel like a piece of shit because I've been accepted to two decent schools, but I'm still not satisfied. I know it's said it doesn't matter where you go it's what you do, but I genuinely feel like this somewhat limits where I'm going (immediately and in the future).
>>11091502
White (immigrant) from northeast. My essays always couldve been better, but I really thought they were notable at least.
>>
>>11091473
ucsb/uci are way better schools for surfing, but they'd both be a drop down from berkeley prestige/education wise.

ucb is top tier and you won't regret it, everyone i know who went there loved it and has little to complain about their education/college experience. tons of really cool people, which is unexpected for such a high ranking school where you'd assume they would be shut in weirdos.
>>
>>11091528
SD is so good for surfing and is a really good school as well
>>
>>11091535
totally forgot about sd, funny how it gets overlooked so often when it's such a good school. sd's STEM programs are top notch for sure, haven't heard about their humanities tho.
>>
britcuck here
probably going to do a semester at uPenn next year, will i have fun?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>11089147
i live in irvine and im 90% sure im going to ucsb

FUCK this boring ass city, nothing to do. if u wanna spend every weekend at the spectrum or the marketplace then go for it, but if u want interesting things, or a city that can teach u life this is not the place to be
>>
>>11091497
Fun fact: a lot of frat guys are closeted homosexuals, or never want to hang out. Some of their lives consist of "must do this, and this. No parties. Only one path" kind of mentality. Also, the women- my god. This girl from my high school got accepted into MIT along side me, and she was ALWAYS the most stuck up piece of shit ever. I would try to flirt with her and she'd just "Don't talk to me that way. You should have more respect for people like me. What's wrong with you?"
She's not even smart. She literally cheated in everything during high school, and currently has a horrid GPA. Not to mention, she's literally tried to sleep with almost every dude in the football team, even though they're not interested.
>>
>>11091329
Just got accepted to CalArts too (for animation)
Waiting to hear back from Harvard and Brown.
Let's go to CalArts together, friend.
>>
>>11091484
uh providence is pretty dope buddy
>>
>>11090940
/neu/ here. do it. this school is looking great as hell on resumes and coop is actually insanely useful

but seriously admission thread on /fa/ wtf literally most un/fa/ topic
>>
>>11091552
yeah you'll have fun getting shot if you leave campus
>>
>>11091528
I'm glad to hear that impression of the people at Cal. If there's one thing that I cannot stand, it's the test-prep college-bound dispassionate shut-in weirdo archetype. Thanks for the reassurance my friend.
>>
>>11090050
CDG x Play is all I see lmao

There's a few tricky dicksters around too

Hmu on Spotted @ Mac bb
>>
File: umass-logo2.png (56KB, 295x358px) Image search: [Google]
umass-logo2.png
56KB, 295x358px
I'm dumb as fuck
>>
File: fb-emory.gif (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fb-emory.gif
34KB, 600x600px
squad 3 hunna

literally liberal city here
>>
>>11091743
PLZ DON'T SUPPORT TRUMP IT MAKES ME FEEL UNSAFE. PLZ IM IN REAL PAIN
>>
>>11091024
ayyy senpai my mom went there and to northwestern. we in this bitch squad
>>
>>11091389
haha thats crazy. Where are you transferring to?
>>
>>11091753
gosh that was so lame. people over reacted like a bunch of cry babies. Literally who gives a fuck
>>
>>11091424
I know a kid at UMass amherst. I definitely am trying to party so I might hit him up.
>>
>>11088774

I go to a lot of frat parties there. Plenty of bitches to fuck
>>
Whos coming to FIT? Its alot of fun!
>>
>>11090959
ahahahaha fuck you joey

Whoever got into UCSB, I implore you to go. I chose it over NYU and William and Mary and this is absolutely the best school for me. It's such an amazing place.
>>
>>11091768
I've got a few options already but I am waiting on some other decisions that come out in early May.

Can I just say that I have Stans and Common Memes and wear them pretty regularly. Keep your eye out.
>>
>>11091525
are you poor? I graduated valedictorian, ib diploma, 35 ACT, 2310 SAT, sports clubs extracurriculars etc etc etc.

But I'm hella poor so every school I applied to except UCSB turned me down. Like USC denied me.
>>
>>11091829
shit senpai, I can't believe I haven't seen you.
>>
>>11091783
been seriously looking into FIT. nobody in my family knows I'm really into fashion but I think this looks like a great school. how is it?
>>
>>11091838
Famalam, we've probably seen each other at some point. I couldn't place a name to your face but the fact that you specified you aren't an autist and you live in the Honors hallway narrows it down a lot.
>>
>>11091572
yeah, I like the university itself but everywhere around it is complete shit
>>
>>11091783
I'm interested in this. Any pointers?
>>
>>11091872
I'll be looking for stans/cp's in holloway bruh.
>>
>>11091463
Ayy same u undergrad?
>>
>>11088805
went to sb. they are one of the top research uni's in the world. they do party alot but once you get a core of friends you'll never regret going there. i know people that went to MIT for chem e that graduated from there i know people that work in Washington. trust me Santa Barbara is where its at
>>
>>11091602
Wow that's hard to believe. Those types of girls got into Notre Dame/U Chicago in my school, not really a super prestigiously, high-caliber college like an Ivy or Caltech/MIT.

The only people that got into anything ridiculously difficult was Stanford in my class was a black kid who is trying to be an engineer but didn't appear so bright compared to the kids that got rejected (cough * affirmative action* cough) and a mulatto girl was salutatorian that got into MIT while a kid who's parents have legacy were wait-listed (probably won't get in)

College is a sham
>>
File: UVA.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
UVA.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Accepted to go next fall. Will most likely go because of the scholarship I've got. I've heard it's not too effay but a fun school nonetheless.
>>
File: wsu.jpg (26KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
wsu.jpg
26KB, 350x350px
31 ACT, 3.6 GPA (got B's in spanish and band), 5 science/math APs, 4 DE history/english classes, varsity athlete, jazz and classical musician, volunteered at UWMC

>this is the only place I got in ;_;

I know my stats are shit but jesus. might as well just finish my AA at community college
>>
>>11092030
Its not a bad school you fucking pleb.
>>
>>11092030
I know quite a few people with 3.9+ and 2000+ SAT 31+ ACT who got rejected
>>
>>11092030
I got a 31 on my ACT and got accepted to WSU too.

31 is in the zone of better than the majority of undergrads but not good enough for any truly great school.
>>
>>11092069
from WSU? they have an 80% acceptance rate

>>11092086
I feel you man, I wish I never fucked around freshman/sophomore year so my GPA could round me out. did you apply to UW? i got waitlisted there, pretty embarrassing desu
>>
>>11091662
What year are you in?
>>
>>11091564
Might be going there. What's your opinion of the school (grils,culture) and what are you studying?
>>
I'm curious if anyone can give me their experience if they have gone to any of these colleges.

College of Wooster
Puget Sound
CU
Bates
NYU
Skidmore
Lafayette

Do i pick the school I think Im going to enjoy the most or the school thats going to help me the most in the future?

For instance I think I like Puget Sound more than Bates but i bates would likely give me more opportunities in the future.

I'm just not really sure how i should decide which college i should go to.

I know its retarded but going to a school with 80% acceptance rate also irrational
embarrasses me/ scares me for my future.
Should I be worried?

I think it comes from the very competitive nature of my high school but i cant get passed it
>>
>>11092224
Bates is a pretty cool place, not sure why youprefer Puget, but I loved the Bates campus and all of my friends who went there said it had an unparalleled positive community.
>>
>>11092234
not really sure i prefer it. Just things I like at each.
Mainly the weather/location scare me.
Thanks for the input though Ive heard great things about it also.
>>
>>11092216
accounting.

also, i don't talk to girls too much so i don't really know. culture seems very work centered.

nobody wants to be at the school too long.
>>
>>11092242
That's true, I visited in the summer and it was mild and fresh- but Maine winters are a bitch. Theup side is you get actual seasons which means you can actually layer and shit to be the most /fa/ possible.
>>
>>11092270
Thats what i was thinking
>>
>>11088781
Yeah mayn. I'm guessing there's quite a few of us here on the low.
>>
>>11090432
i'm a med student in maryland
don't do it
>>
File: David_Bowie___Feels.jpg (146KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
David_Bowie___Feels.jpg
146KB, 700x700px
I got accepted to Connecticut College but it's so small that i doubt anyone on /fa/ attends
>>
>>11091986
College is all a joke in the end. I'm prolly gonna get a majors in Embry Riddle just for it's aeronautical program, instead of staying in Quantum mechanics.
University is simply a place for partying, and fucking- no education. Just bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 250x139px
Should I go here?
>>
>>11090836

LSE is alright. Fresher right now and I've not found my first year that bad. Social side is pretty good but workload and education is a bit shit.
>>
Alright guys these are the only colleges I've got so far

Drew University
Fordham (Waitlist, strong possible acceptance maybe?)
UCF
UWF

That's it...nothing much else left except American University, Haverford, and Amherst

Regardless I'm probably only going to get into American University out of those last 3. I'm cooked guys
>>
>>11089147
shit school desu
>>
>>11092329
my friend goes there and seems to enjoy it.
>>
>>11091241
looks like an upscale prison
>>
>>11088936
But Winnipeg is a frozen shithole, even VSnares agrees
>>
File: nigger university.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
nigger university.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
You already know
>>
Got into Williams, Brandeis, Macalester safety state schools
Waitlisted at uchicago
Waiting for Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Dartmouth, Brown, Rice, Swat

i
a
m
k
i
l
l
>>
>>11092426
Williams is a really good school m8, good job!

but unironically applying to Yale suggests you are a faggot
>>
>>11092426

Shit. Got denied uchi.

Into UMich, Northwestern, Boston College. BC is too expensive, Mich is 30k/yr. Wait listed at Vanderbilt.

Should get into USC. Also have Rice and Duke on my list, neither of which are very likely, but it just takes one..

Hoping one of the ivies pulls through in a miracle and gives me some money. Im on free lunch for fucks sake.

I should have worked harder.
>>
>>11092443
which ivies did you apply to?

2 shits at my school got full rides to usc, good luck there
>>
how is talking about college fashion related?

and why is everyone here a high schooler who just got accepted?
>>
>>11092443
How much is BC, also aren't you instate what the fuck?
>>
>>11091331
>tfw I live on Busch

Autism: the campus
>>
>>11092471
Sorry Greg, not everyone here is a 30+ MFA-browsing numale
>>
>>11090432
>im going to med school
>HURRR NEVER TRIED A DAY IN MY LIFE LOL IM SUCH A FUCKING GENIUS I NEVER TRY YET GOING TO MED SCHOOL LOL
>>
>>11092471
>tfw reported the thread
>mods leave it up
fuck it senpai i'm with you
fuck this thread and all the highschoolers in it
this shit isn't effay and neither is prom
>>
>board about fashion
>somehow a thread about college is the most popular thread
>it's mostly high school seniors, so everyone on /fa/ is taking fashion advice from literal high schoolers aged 16-17 years old who buy everything with their parents money
>all these high schoolers are also all going to ivy league schools

this board is so fucking hilarious
>>
>>11090109
how does this compare to st. Andrews? I have a conditional offer from edinburgh and an unconditional to st. Andrews. as well as a normal acceptance from BC.
>>
>>11090240
major?
>>
>>11092471
>>11092481
then hide the thread faggots
>>
>>11092514
but i love hearing about what you high schoolers are doing

and especially the fact that the grown men on this board take fashion advice from you high schoolers
>>
>>11092514
>hide
this thread isn't even supposed to exist in /fa/ you dumb aspie
learn to read before you go to college
>>
File: 1360182855777.jpg (33KB, 449x336px) Image search: [Google]
1360182855777.jpg
33KB, 449x336px
>>11091572
>>11089147

>irvine fags on my /fa/

ew
>>
>>11092520
baited
>>
>>11091436
Same here. I've never seen anyone decently dressed who wasn't asian
>>
>>11092307
three of my friends got accepted there but all of them applied because of pressure from family. where else did you get in?
>>
>>11092520
reading isn't /fa/ desu
>>
File: Billy-Mays1.jpg (158KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Billy-Mays1.jpg
158KB, 650x400px
>>11092520
ok grandpa
>>
>>11092478
He's going to an osteopathic school, I'm pretty sure. The entrance requirements aren't nearly as high as at an allopathic school, which is what every medical school you know by name is.

He'll be a real doctor but his GPA is probably closer to 3.0 than 4.0 and his MCAT is almost certainly below 30. Still smarter than the global mean, nothing to sneeze at, but I don't think he's claiming to have aced everything without trying.
>>
>>11090767
Ayy hunter boats and blundestones as far as the eye can see
>>
>>11088839
shit nigguh i was gonna apply there
got talked out of it though because it's a fucking farm and i need a life
>>
Any dartmouth people? Are there interesting people there or is it just fratbros? I received a likely letter and, although I haven't visited, am very strongly considering attending -- depends on the results from ivy day.
>>
>>11091993
I have so many friends there. Not effay at all, but just find the right crowd because most of it is a cess pool culturally. Are you gonna be a Jefferson Scholar?
>>
>>11088914
>this is bait
>posted by non harvard student
>proof:

1) Eliot House has one L not two
2) The dining service is HUDS not HDS

non ivies get out!!!
>>
>>11088781

Everyone, this entire board lives in Toronto. Also, Scarborough and Missisauga campuses don't count.
>>
>>11092486
>16-17
>parents money

>this economically privileged
>this ignorant about american schools
die
>>
>>11092400
agreed on both counts, but find me anyway
>>
>>11092637
I hope I am. Hella jealous rn
>>
>>11092637
What did you do to get that likely letter? are you black or other URM?
>>
Who went to cal poly?

I know some people going to UCSB but what about the cal poly people?
>>
File: McGill_University_CoA.svg.png (153KB, 808x1023px) Image search: [Google]
McGill_University_CoA.svg.png
153KB, 808x1023px
most /fa/ school in North America reporting in
>>
>>11092715
>cow poly
>>
>>11092717
i hope you're joking
>>
>>11092637
Just fratbros

Dartmouth is objectively the worst Ivy League school.
>>
>>11092739
i liked poly more than SB.
>>
>>11092745
SB is full of boring people. I don't blame you.
>>
File: dauph.png (4KB, 224x88px) Image search: [Google]
dauph.png
4KB, 224x88px
>>11089516
>>11089915
>>11090042
ayyy Paris mane
though I regret not having done a prep class to get into based ENS
>>
>>11092752
It seemed like the surfer dude climate. I liked poly because SLO county looked pretty based and it's near the hills.
>>
>>11092754
SLO is pretty.
>>
>>11092132
First, wbu?
>>
File: deakin-logo.jpg (136KB, 1772x572px) Image search: [Google]
deakin-logo.jpg
136KB, 1772x572px
Just started a few weeks ago.
>>
>>11090940
was accepted, is my back up. Got into Emory, NYU. and Carnegie Mellon so far, waiting on 7 Ivies and a few other schools. Any reason I should go there?
>>
>>11092768
NYU is garbage.
>>
>>11091743
should I go here? How white is the schoo? how often do you see black kids? I got accepted into the school but am worried about living in atlanta
>>
File: 1360250594203.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1360250594203.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>11092292
That's what my sister says. Worst case scenario I'll just drop out and kill myself. No big.

>>11092478
Woah bud, calm down. I'm a slacker, but fuck if I don't have pride in what I do.

>>11092545
Thank you for understanding, you were pretty close. My GPA during undergrad was a 3.12, but I achieved a 3.8 though a post-baccalaureate. MCAT was a 30 which was a 75th percentile for my testing date. The school I got into is one of the more selective Osteopathic schools in terms of MCAT and GPA, even besting some allopathic schools. DO schools are quickly becoming as competitive as MD schools, even the residency systems are to be merged.

Also, I pray you're pre-med or thereabouts because knowing all that info is useless as shit if you're not.
>>
>>11092247
What's the recruiting presence like for Accounting and Investment Banking?
>>
File: fiat-slug.png (114KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
fiat-slug.png
114KB, 300x254px
who shit gpa here?
>>
>>11092850
Is this a DUDE WEED campus? Liberal?

I was checking this place out earlier.

Also, anyone seen gonzaga at all?
>>
>>11092854
not as bad as berkeley, but there's still loads of hippies
>>
>>11092816
>Also, I pray you're pre-med or thereabouts because knowing all that info is useless as shit if you're not.
Lol, I'm not premed but have dated two different girls who were in the process of applying to medical school while we were together so I ended up knowing more about this shit than they did.

No hate for DO schools. I think there are loads of specialties that don't require you to be the kind of absolute machine that thrives at elite allopathic schools, and that too many allopathic doctors don't make use of relatively common sense treatment approaches that DO schools seem to emphasize more hopefully some more osteopathic schools catch up to the pack in competitiveness and funding so more allopathic schools will adjust their approach to training students going into internal medicine and such.
>>
>>11092779
So atlanta is kind of shitty in some places but gentrified as fuck. Lots of rich kids at emory. Some white, but not many. Tons of asians and blacks. Also its expensive as fuck. However its a great school. Be prepared for social justice and libshit stuff forced down your throat. you won't have a problem here if you stay on campus. Emory is recognized all over the east coast so you'll be set
>>
>>11092881
their website demographics say roughly 40% of the undergrads admitted are white while 8% are black? Are the groups self-segragated? or does everyone just mingle amongst eachother with giving a shit about race?
>>
>>11092637
Current student.

Def fratty, but not always in a traditional sense. There are a lot of alternative houses. It's really what you make of it.
>>
>>11092949
is it /fa/? is it too isolated?
>>
File: this is emory.png (9KB, 480x94px) Image search: [Google]
this is emory.png
9KB, 480x94px
>>11092779
>>11092881
>>11092881
Chalk on the sidewalk is literally threatening your life. You heard it here!
>>
File: image.png (15KB, 279x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15KB, 279x315px
Currently a junior at USC, was wondering what are the public opinions about my school? Also feel free to ask me about school life kids
>>
File: 203750_20160315185210_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
203750_20160315185210_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
This thread is depressing af, in junior year HS rn and the best gpa ill have by the end of this year is a 2.8 and no APs no extra curricular, didn't take the act yet but my highest practice score was a 25. The only thing i have going for me rn is a pretty good upward trend,

Now im stuck in this upper middle class white suburb full of fuccbois in diamond supply/obey and girls who still wear love pink, no freinds/car, strict ass parents who barely let me leave the house, and no parties i get invited to, i hate life
>>
>>11092500
My best friend goes to st. Andrews, and he really hates it. Says it's far too small; there are no clubs, few decent bars (and they close at 12) and you don't have the anonymity of a big city. There is no train station, so you need to get a bus to bigger nearby towns (i.e. Dundee which is a shithole). Are you from the US? Apparently there are a lot of Americans there so you may like that but in terms of being "effay", they apparently all dress pretty badly (boat shoes, weird coloured chinos etc).

As far is Edinburgh is concerned, it's a beautiful city, better nightlife, more things to do, more employment opportunities if you need a part time job during uni and a bigger student body. 30,000 + undergraduates means you are basically anonymous and a statistic to the university, it can be quite impersonal which I like but others may not.

Obviously I'm biased but I really think you should consider Edinburgh over St. Andrews, even if that means trying to get their conditions.
>>
>>11093285
i was in your position not long ago. here is the path I took. it was completely successful. i love my life right now, have a series of girls and parties to rotate around with constantly, and am going to attend a pretty good school.

start selling weed, this solves the party problem, which will allow you to meet people. as well, you'll have tons of money to spend on clothes etc.

don't act condescending to people. start to enjoy more normie hobbies like sports. maybe play a sport if you're not unfit.

take horrific classes. I chose to take AP BC Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, and a high spanish class. In your college essay, write a long story about how some event in your summer turned your life around. pack your summer with internships at whatever job you can find.

form a close bond with somebody that's in a popular group. it might be hard but try to isolate them and get to know them really well. use snapchat and texting as mind games to give the allusion of being closer than you really are.

these weren't planned events for me but they all worked out really well. it might seem plebby to sell weed for just popularity, but i think it would work. after a while, just stop. don't get caught.
>>
>>11093445
do you study at edinburgh? what do you read? I'm indeed from the US and i am concerned about international name recognition when it comes to job time. i plan to read physics and use that degree to get into business or law.
>>
>>11092772
Explain
>>
>>11092670
that explains why this board is so shit

FUCK THE LEAFS
>>
>>11093459
Not the guy you're responding to but from my own experience I've got to say Edinburgh is generally better for international recognition. Aside from Kate and Will going there St Andrews doesn't really have much of an international reputation whereas Edinburgh is far better known. Pretty sure Edinburgh ranks higher in international league tables too. St Andrews only does better in UK rankings.
>>
>>11093455
Having strict parents puts a lot of that out of the equation, parents don't let me stay out past 9 which is one of the main reasons i want to leave home for school, also i need recommendations for AP classes which i didn't get, cant even get into pre calc so my counselor is making me take college algebra (she insists that its a respectable class but I'm not sure) i have a couple friends who have popular friends but i haven't talked to to them in months so it would be awkward trying to be friends again, but i cant even stay out past 9 so my life is basically gonna be shitposting, vidya/anime, and community college for the foreseeable future
>>
>>11092760
Yo same, what rez? I'm in Keyes
>>
>>11093455
What school?
>>
>>11093519
do your parents give a shit about your life? they're literally stunting social growth. my best friend in high school had these kinds of parents and he resented them afterwards. be more confrontational, they'll understand that you were just being angsty and a teenager
>>
>>11093641
Im really confrontational, i try to ask them why i cant go hang with friends and be like a normal teen but they just give non answers and refuse to talk about it, they usually put it off untill i eventually get pissed and start screaming at them, at that point they say im too irresponsible to be out by myself, i ask how and they use me getting pissed at them because they refuse to talk as evidence that im "irresponsible". Other than this bullshit they're amazing parents but that kind of shit is enough for me to resent them for life
>>
>>11090156
plz make buildings skateable again
fuck skatestoppers and cut ledges
>>
File: 1455581539992.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1455581539992.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>tfw probably about to be rejected from all the good schools you applied to
>>
File: 1393066504990.jpg (147KB, 821x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1393066504990.jpg
147KB, 821x1331px
>>11093814
Know this feel so much :(
>>
>>11093814
this tho
>>11093651
don't scream like a petulant child. it's hard to control anger especially at this age. what happens if you stay out?
>>
>>11093866
That was one time tho, it was a shitty decision tho, but that was the only way to get them to respond
>>
>>11093519
if you can fucking go ham in community college you can usually transfer to a good school

some community colleges are known feeder schools into really elite universities
>>
>>11093967
Any ones in north jersey?
>>
File: 1453230347808.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453230347808.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>11091279
Back to r9k with you, frogposter
>>
>>11093972
i'm sorry man, wouldn't know, califag livin'
>>
UBC anyone?
>>
File: 1409953482630.jpg (68KB, 608x768px) Image search: [Google]
1409953482630.jpg
68KB, 608x768px
>tfw when you slacked off all your life especially HS
>tfw when never gonna have the college experience
>tfw when your never gonna get connections that secure you a 6fig job
>>
Anyone going to UDel?
Also, Keyser detected
>>
>>11092307
I got in there, but I'm going to UDel.
>>
>>11092526
Some safeties in NJ, UHart because some friends are going, and Quinnipiac (I got into all). I also applied to Stevens IT but never really heard back?
>>
>>11094244
Yo hartford and udel were my top 2 thats cool
>>
>>11092760
I live off campus, I'm from Hamilton. I don't have any friends in Keyes. What program are you in?
>>
>>11093529
Holy shit, I replied to my own comment
>>11094426
>>
>>11094429
Eng, just made redsuits, you?
>>
>>11092642
Nope, just a regular student. Wish I could be a Jefferson scholar
>>
>>11092351
Fordham if you can
>>
File: wesleyan.png (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
wesleyan.png
7KB, 180x180px
second semester freshman
>i only applied to 4 schools
>this is the only one I got into
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ could've prepared better as a hs senior but not bad
>>
>>11092836
A1.

If you put in the work, you're set.
>>
>>11094637
how is it over there? i've heard most people are pc cucks with pronoun preferences
>>
>>11090156
how r the jobs in that field and how do they pay? specifcally urban design, urban planning or landscape arch. i study at the best undergrad prog in canada for planning and future seems bleak
>>
>>11092307
accepted, not going. nice campus, good people though. i did an overnight and it seems pretty middle of the road /fa/ wise
>>
>>11094061
rejected
>>
File: Usyd_Quad.jpg (1MB, 3301x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Usyd_Quad.jpg
1MB, 3301x2250px
Anyone /usyd/ here?
>>
>>11094637
ayyyyy got accepted ED1 here
>>
>>11092975
There are a few sneakerheads and streetwear asians, if that counts. Seems like most effay clique is the studio arts kids in memechrome and normcore.

Isolated yes but it's actually awesome in a lot of ways. You can always take a bus to new york or boston for the weekend if you feel claustrophobic.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.