[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a genuine Burberry trench coat something every man should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: trench.jpg (113KB, 630x1027px) Image search: [Google]
trench.jpg
113KB, 630x1027px
Is a genuine Burberry trench coat something every man should own as an investment?
>>
nope
>>
No, a Brooks Brothers blazer is something every man should own as an investment.
>>
>>11088272
Only if it makes sense to your budget, body type, and taste level. (so the answer is... maybe)
>>
where can i get one like this fake?, im not paying 800GBP+ for a fucking thin coat..
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 280x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 280x408px
of course
and a hat, jacket and pants too
>>
>>11088547
get one from topman
>>
>>11088272
Trench coats don't go with every style. I'd wear one but it's certainly not an investment, as it will wear and depreciate constantly.

>>11088296
>Brooks Brothers
Get your shit together and shop at J. Press. BB has jumped the shark.
>>
File: 1457760782322.jpg (10KB, 178x235px) Image search: [Google]
1457760782322.jpg
10KB, 178x235px
>living in southern California
>wearing a trench coat
>ever
>>
>>11088651
I don't shop online unless I've seen the clothing items irl and tried them on for size reference, how slim are their dress shirts compared to BB? I use their milano fit on suits/shirts/pants
>>
Clothing is not a great investment unless it's rare.
>>
>>11088272
they're not as well made as they once were
they're just not worth the price they charge anymore

i wouldn't bother
>>
Pls explain how a piece of used clothing could in any way be considered an investment. Why the fuck would I pay MORE money for your used trench coat when I can buy a brand new one for less?
>>
>clothing
>investment

good goyim
>>
>>11089229
because morons who want to appear sophisticated and in the know with fashion advocate "investing" in high quality pieces, and fuckboys with low intelligence parrot what they see. in a loose sense i guess you could call it investing, but what they're actually trying to say is that you should buy things that are worth buying, whether for the quality of craftsmanship or longevity of the piece. using "invest" gives off the impression of some sort of return.
>>
>>11089229
>>11089236
Pretty sure "investment" when concerning clothes means something along the lines of it'll pay for itself because you can wear it a lot + you'll always be able to wear it for many because the style won't look shit in a few months.
>>
>>11089265
right, and i'm saying it's a poor choice of words because using investment implies expecting some form of return, usually monetary
>>
>>11088804
>>11089236
>>11089265
Something of high quality should give you years of comfort and fit. Something a cheaper garment will very likely not. You could also make the case that buying something that will have a high prospect of being profitable in the future is an invest in clothing. Imagine buying a lot of vintage Raf Simons and Helmut Lang when it came out. You'd be able to sell it for quite a lot depending on the pieces.
>>
tacky as fuck
>>
Only women should ever own Burberry trenchcoats. They are feminine as all hell, and unless you want to look like a flaming homo-twink, you should refrain from buying one as a man.

If you want something similar, get something like pic related.
>>
Burberry trench coats look like cheap plastic alibaba shitr
>>
>>11088272
>investment
Kek, no, when are you ever going to sell that for more than the insanely inflated price you bought it for? A fucking tailored suit in good condition costs like $150 used max. That doesn't really beat the stock market index for value appreciation.

Plus in general Burberry a shit t bh.
>>
>>11089320
Le Samurai sends his regards
>>
in th light of the faggotry of these jackets, anyone know where i can cop one like this?, long but military looking?
>>
>>11089500
...military surplus?
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 470x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 470x650px
>>11088272
No.

A pea coat is something every man should own as an investment.
>>
>>11088296
>literally doesn't make smaller than 38R
>I'm a 32

Reeeeeee fatties get out
>>
I got two recently, with some cashmere joggers and they are nice.
>>
>>11088272
No, stay away from them my original image guide was a joke filled with bad advice I wanted people to dress like yesstyle kids with skinny ties and trenchcoats over a dress shirt with jeans and brogues
>>
>>11090510
I got one of them before the price raise aswell so the black kensington was £1295 and the stone kensington was £1395 , joggers which are really really nice pure cashmere £395 only got them in grey but going to get another grey and one black in smaller size.
>>
>>11090527
kek post that image guide I'm curious to see it you fucker
>>
>>11089359
No joke burberry is really good, ive never been into them due to the chavs wearing fake shit but i went to one of their stores and they have some well nice clothes just abit expenisve but the materials, fit and craftsmanship on the clothes is worth it imo.
>>
Burberry fashion shows always have really good music
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1lSgi1Uvlo
>>
>>11090527
Post guide please
>>
C O L U M B I N E
>>
>>11088272
Not every man, because it would not fit the fuccboi fits. For some people trench is a staple and the Burberry ones are really good. Personally I'm always looking for one used, but not willing to pay retail at the moment. Also one the brands with the most fakes out there so be careful with the used ones. Newer cuts are better.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.