[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attire for Japanese Conventions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (27KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
27KB, 240x200px
Anyone ever been to one?

Anime Boston is near my uni and I was wondering if any of you have experience with conventions. The shitty part is that I have no one to go with, but at least they have a Touhou panel.

Should I go? Do I need a costume (please no)
>>
you know there are more appropriate boards to ask this question on right
>>
Honestly, the point of these isn't so much to look /fa/ as to show your shared interest. You will see many people in costumes - some good, some cringey. You will also see many people with simple T-shirts of their favorite anime, who aren't trying to be fashionable at all.

I don't know - what do you want to do? What's your usual style? Wearing an anime T-shirt isn't really /fa/ at all, but at least it shows your common interest, which might be something to go for at these conventions.
>>
go in full visvim
>>
>>11083290
Usually I wear basics with a few designer pieces.

But I guess I would go there just to cop some otaku things. Posters, figurines, novels etc.
>>
>>11083280
Like where? I got banned from /a/ and my thread on /jp/ was deleted after around 10 minutes.

Mods are strange.
>>
I used to help a friend with a booth for cosplay clothing she sold, and I just wore regular clothing. Wear whatever you want, maybe stick with casual styles. The only thing I'd say *not* to do is wear anything with anime logos/visible characters. Weirdos will start talking to you. You don't want that.
>>
>>11083272
Yes (not in boston tho) I have and it's a gathering place for weird people, most of them are weird as fk, some are normal.

Would never wear cosplay, I don't get how it's fun to dress up as a character, but that's just me maybe. I get the social aspect of it but fk that, you don't need to cosplay to be able to talk to ppl.
>>
You don't need a costume, you don't even need to dress well.
>>
>>11083359
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>11083272
Your costume
>>
>>11083272
full rick
>>
>>11083272
Well, here it is.

The true level of /fa/.
>>
I went to Anime Boston last year. There's no need to cosplay, but 80% of the people attending will be.
>>
>>11084048
Wew
>>
>>11083676
>/cgl/
>dudes
>>
>going to cons
>not wanting to dress up as konata
>>
>>11083272
Are you planning to do a /fa/ cosplay? Either way just wear a blazer, customized to look like an anime character who wears a blazer or not. Style your long hair a little bit or wear a powdered wig of the appropriate colour depending on how much you want to cosplay. As usual, you must be a fit adult to pull off a blazer; otherwise you'll look euphoric.

I wouldn't bother dressing up much if you're not planning on attending any after parties though. Nobody gives a shit. Anime conventions are literally a glorified farmer's market for expensive weeb and comic book merchandise with some cosplay to ogle on the side. If you've got a fancy camera you can trick cosplayers into doing photo shoots with you at best.

>>11087533
I can't find that picture of that konata trap anymore. Do you have it?
>>
File: 1428790655533.jpg (162KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
1428790655533.jpg
162KB, 650x975px
>>11083272
Don't go
Western cons are embarassing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.