[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with button downs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (902KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
902KB, 640x1136px
So I just read through the sticky, and got some useful information I guess. With me being a pretty skinny guy, I guess that means I need to stick with "slim fit shirts". I went with one of the suggested brands and right now I'm on GAP.com looking through shirts. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my money before I order.

If I order the shirt in pic related, I would be fine with rolling the sleeves to mid forearm length for the summer and leaving the shirt untucked like the guy is right? Reason I ask is I bought some shirts from Old Navy and posted on /adv/ and people shit on me over it. So I don't want to waste my money again.

If this matters, I'm 5ft 10inchs tall, about 145lbs, 25 year old male.
>>
gap have some pretty good shirts. i'd say size down though cos they do run pretty big. rolling sleeves and leaving the shirt untucked is fine yes. i'd say that it's probably better to buy plain shirts though, you can incorporate them much easier in to your wardrobe then and they just look better to me. if you live in a warm area then I'd say linen is probably a better material for a shirt, super breathable. uniqlo do good linen shirts if you wanna look at some.
>>
>>11066561

So should I go with the XS or just S with my size in the OP? I typically wear S clothing, but I don't want anything too tight, because I do sometimes conceal carry a handgun, and I can't wear anything too tight with that.

>linen

That's a good idea, with it almost being summer it's going to be stupid hot here. So I'll go check out linen button downs right now. Thanks
>>
>>11066564
do you have a gap store near you? go try them on. if not i'd probably say to just go for the small or if you can then just order both and return the one that doesn't fit as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (260KB, 1396x1394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260KB, 1396x1394px
>>11066667

There is, I might try going there this week.

Just another question so I make sure I understood the sticky. Here is one of the Old Navy shirts I mentioned from earlier. Other than it being too long (right?) is this fitting ok? I honestly can't tell from looking at it. It feels comfortable. But from looks I don't know.
>>
>>11066549
Check out UNIQLO, their shirts aren't so dad-tier as pic in OP
>>
File: gap.jpg (301KB, 1616x2044px) Image search: [Google]
gap.jpg
301KB, 1616x2044px
>>11066681
i would probably go a size down from that honestly but it's hard to tell because quality control isn't the greatest with cheaper companies so try in store. definitely too long, it should fit a bit more like pic related in terms of length (pic related is actually a gap oxford shirt). shoulder seam needs to be hitting at the point of your shoulder. if anything, try to get the shoulder seam perfect because then you can just get the rest tailored. also iron your shirt.
>>
File: sleeve roll.jpg (94KB, 350x452px) Image search: [Google]
sleeve roll.jpg
94KB, 350x452px
>>11066681
also try rolling your sleeves like this if you don't already
>>
>>11066728

If I took that shirt to a tailor, could they fix the shoulder seam as well as the length of the bottom?
>>
>>11066735

Thanks
>>
>>11066743
don't think so man. the shoulder seam isn't too bad anyways, just would benefit from being a bit smaller. in any case I think the old navy shirt is just generally pretty bad, you can find better shirts than that.
>>
>>11066794

shit
>>
>wearing a shirt untucked
>rolling the sleeves past your forearm

Someone make a numale starter pack for this gay shit.
>>
File: shirtt.jpg (174KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
shirtt.jpg
174KB, 612x612px
>>11066838
literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>11066851

>literally nothing wrong with dressing like a broke pizza delivery millennial
>>
>>11066878

What. We are talking just everyday-casual-out-and-about clothing. Not elegant attire
>>
>>11066902

Hold up man since when is tucking in your shirt considered elegant attire?
>>
>>11066914

well, I don't know. But I can't tuck in my shirt anyways because I conceal carry a handgun
>>
>>11066935
why do you need to do that

you're not going to get mugged or anything and if you shoot someone you're going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble even if you were completely in the right in doing so and entirely justified

it just isn't worth carrying around a big piece of inconvenient steel in your pockets all day for something that will statistically never happen
>>
>>11066935
>>11067296
AND it disrupts your fits

Number one reason to not carry one
>>
>>11067296

Because it's something I want to do. I'm not a paranoid person. But since I'm trained with firearms, I almost feel like it's a responsibility. If I had the ability to carry a gun but chose not to, and I was out and about and if something happened and I couldn't react. I would feel very guilty if innocent people died when I could have prevented it. Great power comes with great responsibility in a matter of speaking.
>>
>>11067301

I can CC fine with a untucked T shirt
>>
>>11067307
if you're that concerned about carrying a gun with you why don't you get an ankle holster so you can actually tuck in your shirts
>>
>>11067319

because ankle holsters are stupid lol
>>
>>11066549
>tfw broad shoulders
>can't wear button ups as they're tight in shoulders
Life is hell
>>
>>11066549
>rolling the sleeves to mid forearm
Roll to the fucking elbow.

Anyway, it depends on how summery it gets.
Warm to hot, you'll be ok. Very very hot, you'll want white linen with long sleeves.

Btw, for the price, I'd check how much your local tailors ask for a shirt, you MIGHT find something in the 50-60$ range.
>>
>>11066681
That shirt is supposed to go inside your pants.
Can you find a shorter one, with a flat hem?
>>
File: image.png (566KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
566KB, 640x1136px
>>11069032
I don't know how to tell if a shirt is short or long online. Could a tailor shorten the length? Also, the model in the picture had the shirt untucked
>>
>>11067810
just buy big ones and get them tailored ya dummy
or embrace the oversized look
>>
>>11069037
Why don't you go to a store and actually try them on?
>>
>>11069061

Cause I don't want to be that clueless guy who doesn't know select to even try on. I'm literally fashion blind
>>
and what I mean by Fashion Blind is imagine a girl going into a gun store to buy a gun. That is how I feel walking into the clothing department of any store. Cluelessness
>>
>>11069037
Sure, a tailor can remove as much fabric as you want from down below.

can you see how the shirt curves up, at the bottom right and bottom left? I'd say that's halfway between straight (no curve at all, best worn outside) and very curved (to fit better inside pants), but anything with a bit of curve is usually worn tucked in.
>>
>>11069038
you can't tailor neck & shoulders, and sleeves can be iffy too.
get some gains, and you'll find most brands don't cater to oversized necks.
the guns are a problem with the better brands, if they go for higher armholes and a more tailored look you're fucked.
>>
>>11069037
buy slim fit instead of regular fit
>>
>>11069104
>>11069134

Ok cool, thanks
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.