[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Designer Shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Ozweego.jpg (51KB, 731x481px) Image search: [Google]
Ozweego.jpg
51KB, 731x481px
/fa/, please don't ostracize me, but can someone please explain to me the purpose/meaning behind some designer items that are very expensive, but look like something a child in the '90s would wear to someone who isn't into fashion?

Is that the point of the design? To prove that people will buy anything for the name?
>>
monitoring this thread
>>
something about ozweegos makes my mouth water whenever i see them
>>
Some people genuinely like how they look, you obviously don't, that's alright, you can buy something else
But generally these shoes somewhat unique and offer some sort of style/design that you won't find in lower priced shoes
Of course you will get some fuckbois that buy designer clothing for the name only and fact that it's expensive
>>
>>11059258
p much just this.
the level of intricacy and detail as well as crazy color choices where you cant really find anything similar desu
>>
How come raf himself only wears Stans and none of his wacky shit?
>>
>>11059269
probably because the prospect of dressing himself bores him.
>>
>>11059229
You haven't heard of normcore, have you? It's hip to be square yo.
>>
File: 81XMK7NgSHL._UX575_.jpg (47KB, 575x369px) Image search: [Google]
81XMK7NgSHL._UX575_.jpg
47KB, 575x369px
>>11059258
>But generally these shoes somewhat unique and offer some sort of style/design that you won't find in lower priced shoes

>>11059263
>the level of intricacy and detail as well as crazy color choices where you cant really find anything similar desu
>>
can someone post fits?
>>
File: 91535_BKMT_E.gif (327KB, 1300x1151px) Image search: [Google]
91535_BKMT_E.gif
327KB, 1300x1151px
>>
it's about taking the idea and running with it. that looks LIKE something a kid in the '90s with no fashion sense would have worn, but there is nothing that actually IS as much as "something a kid in the '90s with no fashion sense" as these shoes.

if that makes any sense. if you'll let me get pretentious for a second, part of art is learning new ways to appreciate different modes of thought. or something like that
>>
>>11059269
Because he's almost 50 years old and realizes that some of his designs aren't suited towards himself. But he wears plenty of his own stuff.
>>
>>11059299
>>11059303
They look nothing alike you autist
Stop projecting
>>
>>11059319
i second this lmfao
>>
>>11059269
because he's got good taste, his wacky stuff is done as a social experiment to see how far a brand can push dumb designs and still make money
>>
>>11059316
that blazer is fucking cool
>>
>>11059319
you should really try looking up what 'projecting' means, and if you don't get it, stop using the term.

this is kinda embarrassing, just sayin'
>>
File: laceless-spiderman_ehlk6d.jpg (14KB, 285x198px) Image search: [Google]
laceless-spiderman_ehlk6d.jpg
14KB, 285x198px
>>11059319
>>
Need a new pair of black CPs

Haven't found a pair on ebay/grailed for the last 3 months s m h

Don't really want to pay RRP.
>>
>>11059236
in the way that it waters just before you vomit?
>>
>>11059303
w2c
>>
>>11059299
>>11059303
>>11059357
W2c?
>>
>>11059229
Tell me why it would be a good idea to say you're into fashion and then only dress traditionally and never buy stuff from designers who are thinking out of the box and doing things that are unique. There's a place for this shit. I've seen a lot of fits that are complimented well with Ozweegos.
>>
>>11059229
I like ozweegos and have the 1s. Brand name meant jack shit to me when i started cz i didn't/never have a hard on for raf. In the beginning i wasnt really into them cz the whole toy shoes meme. But then i saw them on feet irl and realized they looked pretty neat. Like the other anon said the details are cool. Adult sketchers made much much better aesthetically.
>>
File: 1456975674012.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1456975674012.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>11059229
Ozweegos are modeled after the original Adidas Ozweegos (without Raf) from way back in the day. The new ones with Raf capture the 90's running shoes aesthetic. It's a good aesthetic and I like it a ton. Much better than the Supreme/Palace high school aesthetic, that's for sure.

I've never understood the "dad shoes" comment. If you can't tell Ozweegos apart from Skechers then can you not tell Timbs apart from "dad boots" ? Or Nike SFBs apart from a surplus store field boot? Ramones from Converse? Lots of items in fashion have similar silhouettes and appearances.
>>
the kind of people who are militantly against ozweegos (not the people who just dislike them) are the kind of people that cant justify dropping over $150 for shoes so they have to take down others with them whilst they bathe in their new balance 574's and stan smiths

that being said i have a pair of stan smiths and theyre nice
>>
File: m-adidas-15.jpg (26KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
m-adidas-15.jpg
26KB, 325x325px
>>11060280
holy shit I never knew this existed, it makes the Raf ones look like fucking dress shoes
>>
>>11059229
They're an ode to bad design, in a good way. Raf made this shit look so hilariously bad and tacky, its starts too create its own aesthetic. I personally like them because of that and because they break the paradigms of modern design.
>>
>>11059299
>>11059303
>>11059357

>tries to dis raf by posting walmart shoes

I'll flex those spiderman 1s shoes watch me motherfucker
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.