[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wet Shave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: CdRTZLyUUAQoJbh.jpg (51KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
CdRTZLyUUAQoJbh.jpg
51KB, 600x448px
Arko shave soap $1.60 last 2 months
Witch hazel $0.99 lasts 3 months
Omega synthetic brush $10 lifetime
Astra razors 100 pack $10 lasts 2 years
Scotch & Stowe safety razor $20 lifetime

After the initial startup cost, I pay under $20 a year for my shave expense. With the added benefits of not having any shave bumps or razor burn. What is /fa/ shaving with?
>>
Upside down. fuck
>>
>>11048401
Use Proraso Green, derby blades, some omega brush I got in Italy and clubman as aftershave. Feels pretty good, man.
>>
>>11048408

Proraso Green

Hey dude that's my favourite :D

Seconded advice, best way to start your day.
>>
>>11048400
Rimei grandma got from China as a primary, second was an aliexpress set, had a butterfly Weishi, stand, 40 blades and brush, good value desu but I'd buy a merkur next time. Aftershave is shitty Mennen Skin Bracer, soap is Wilkinson.

In Scarborough, Toronto btw, requesting where to buy proraso for under $10.
>>
>>11048400
>Arko shave soap $1.60 last 2 months
Are you eating the soap or something? That's way too fast
>>
>>11048432
My wife also uses it. Notice the his and her safety razors
>>
>>11048428
>proraso
If you buy bulk you can get them for under $7 on ebay
>>
i still use a badger tipped brush to wash my face
>>
>>11048400
a 12 pack of sensitive shave razors and nivia sensitive shave gel they last me for months because I don't shave much.
>>
>>11048408
>>11048420
Love proraso soap, although I'd started using soap from an old couple that sell it at my local farmer's market.

>>11048400
Agree with everything, except the "lifetime" part on the brush. Its worth replacing every couple of years. Plus, an extra five bucks gets you a silver tip brush which feels way nicer.
>>
>>11048428
Order soap off the web.

Here is some for $10 flat, although exchange probably ups it. http://www.amazon.com/Proraso-Shaving-Eucalyptus-Menthol-Formulation/dp/B00837YY18
>>
>>11048400
I have a Parker Long Handle razor and a custom wood one, both $30 or so. Got a stand for the one I keep at home for free, the other travels with me. They're really nice to shave with.
>>
>>11048400
what's the witch hazel for? Doesn't the alcohol content dry out your skin?
>>
>>11048400
Valobra Fougère hard soap
Merkur Futur
Feather blades (100pc pillar cost me 20 dimdums)
Omega Pro badger
Alum block for when I fuck up.
>>
Merkur double edge safety razor, 50 pack of razors from bic, shaving soap and lotion with a badger brush. I shave 2-3 times a week so it's cheap as fuck in the long run
>>
God bless you OP. For folks who actually grow a beard, safety razors are top tier. I muddled around with a straight razor for a while but it was fairly more difficult to work with than a safety.

>>11048400
What's the point of Witch Hazel? Is it just soothing?

>>11048408
Derby blades are dope. By Clubman you mean Clubman Pinaud right? How is it?
>>
>>11049587
>What's the point of Witch Hazel? Is it just soothing?
It's astringent, like alum, so it closes nicks and cuts.
>>
>>11048507
>>11049151
>too poorfag for bulk
>amazon isn't free shipping
>canadian dollar ded
>>
>>11050092
THANKS, TRUDEAU
>>
>>11050092
Are you looking for the cream or the hard soap? You know a puck of hard soap will last for a hundred shaves or something, right?
>>
>buy electric razor
>after the initial cost i've paid fucking nothing for the last 10 years
>>
>>11050172
hard soap

wilkinson right now is hard soap

might alternatively go for some handmade soap at some Scarborough town centre store, today's my 18th.
>>
>>11049587
Yes, pinaud clubman. Can't get enough of the stuff. Incidentally my barber uses it, so I always feel like I'm walking off his chair when I use it.
>>
>>11050109
lol its actually harper's fault because he depended so much on tarsands oil but we're on 4chan so THANKS, TRUDEAU

>inb4 libcuck
>>
>>11050409
Well the THANKS, OBAMA meme isn't really about blaming Obama for things he really did in the first place, I figured. I knew Trudeau only got the job like yesterday, he hardly had time to ruin anything forever.
>>
>>11050401
I can vouch for this stuff, the vanilla is alright but original is better IMO. tried the Bay Rum?
>>
>>11050401
>>11050454
What's the scent of Clubman?
>>
>>11050178
I went from an electric to a wet shave kit. I no longer hate having to shave, it's really nice. Besides that, you should be replacing the heads on your electric razor every so often.

If spending a dollar for a pack of double edge blades isn't your thing, try your hand at a straight edge. Probably the best shave of your life with very little upkeep cost.
>>
>merkur long handle safety razor
>merkur de blades that came with the razor
>target brand brush because i'm poorfag (Van der hagen?)
>target brand soap that came with the brush because poorfag
>nivea aftershave balm
doing the beard meme right now, so i don't shave a lot anymore. i'll invest in better blades/soaps when i start shaving again
>>
>>11048400
Unknown Badger brush
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandlewood Shaving Soap
Sheffield Arrow Straight Razor
Gillete Mach 3 Safety Razor for when I'm travelling.
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

Works for me.
>>
The body shop shave cream is GOAT
>>
>>11051448
this tbqhf
>>
>1962 Fatboy Razor
>Sandalwood Shaving Cream
>Prospector Co. Brush
>Shark blades
>Pinaud After Shave

Though my brush isn't the best, I take my shaving seriously.
>>
>>11052812
Your Fatboy there looks like a Slim t bh, Anon.
>>
do you guys collect soaps and creams etc or just stick to one?
>>
>>11052849
ah, well the guy who sold it to me said it was a Fatboy. I never did the research after
>>
>>11052812
pathetic
>>
File: Gillette fat boy slim super adj.jpg (45KB, 693x540px) Image search: [Google]
Gillette fat boy slim super adj.jpg
45KB, 693x540px
>>11052909
The easiest way to tell is the twist opener at the base -- on the Slim, it's knurled all the way up, on the Fatboy there's a polished segment. The proportions are also a tell, as well as the gap adjuster -- the Slim has a thinner band of knurling. Check out pic related for a side by side comparison.

>>11052916
>confirmed for ignorant fag
That's a great setup. I wouldn't use cream myself, I prefer hard soap, but TOBS is great, the Slim is arguably superior to the Fatboy, and the Clubman is also a classic.
>>
>>11052946
Well i'll be dammed. Yep its the slim alright. Thanks for the info
>>
>>11052953
No prob. You weren't fucked over though, as I said the Slim isn't an inferior razor. Many guys find the less bulky head on the Slim easier to shave with in tricky spots.
>>
All that you actually need instead of all the pointless crap posted in this thread
>>
>>11052973
kek
>>
>>11052973
Even though I doubt the teenagers on this board are even capable of growing actual facial hair and not pubes that are lost
>>
File: hella jeff.jpg (19KB, 383x700px) Image search: [Google]
hella jeff.jpg
19KB, 383x700px
>>11052973
yeah this 100%
seriously this fucking bic razor, 10 for £1 is the best ive ever used
i have a straight razor which slices me up good but rolls right over the hair
i bought an old style safety razor which locked up with moisture so i cant open it to replace the blade (and it was shit anyway because it only exposed less than 1mm of blade and gave me razor burn)

the bics, perfect shave every time, no razor burn, several uses each, rarely cuts me unless i fuck up

i just cringe at the thought that i ever bought those other pieces of shaving apparatus and how miserable they are compared to the £1 bic
>>
>>11053012
>I can't learn how to shave so I use shitty razors
>>
>>11053012
>i have a straight razor which slices me up good but rolls right over the hair
Yeah, you're supposed to scrape the razor perpendicular to the edge, not draw it along your skin.
>>
>>11053264
This. Learn to shave properly. I find my straight razor which I picked up from an antique fair for £5 three years ago works better than any disposable safety razor I've tried. It takes a bit of work to keep it sharp but once you get used to it, it works so well.
>>
>>11048400
Five items. Listed, six shown
>>
>>11053475
OP mentioned the other razor being his wife's already, dingdong.
>>
>>11048500
Your wife probably has a cut up pussy

Does her boyfriend say anything?
>>
>>11048400
>100 pack
>2 years
come on senpai
i buy the same blades. i shave every day. i replace it every 2-3 shaves.

i use proraso white.
>>
Bought all this shit and discovered you can't actually get a really close shave with a DE.

Unless you go against the grain, and then next day you're fucked.

What do?
>>
>>11055858
keep at it senpai your skin needs time to adjust, also get a good witch hazel astringent to soothe irritation or an alcohol based aftershave. if, after a long time you still cant go against the grain then go across in one direction then across in the other
>>
>>11055858
>Unless you go against the grain, and then next day you're fucked.
What.

Have you tried more than one kind of blade? Or not pressing down on the razor like a chimp? Or moistening the hairs first by e.g. taking a shower?
>>
>>11056045

Yeah i've tried 6 or 7 different types of blade all to the same effect. Always have a hot towel on my neck before shaving to soften the hairs. Still the same.

I'll give the aftershave a shot.

Basically when the hair grows back it results in little pimple-like bubbles wherever ive gone against the grain.
>>
>>11056070
>he gets razor bumps
>from DE shaving

I'll quit with the dick act now, because that's uncanny. I don't know if you realize this, but normally people shift away from cartridges to DE shaving to *avoid* ingrown hairs and razor bumps.

How much pressure are you using? The only thing I can think is you're shaving too deep by pressing down too hard. (For reference, the correct amount of pressure is "is anything happening? I'm not sure anything's happening".) When you lay the razor on, the edge should just touch your skin, and when you shave you should ideally not feel any razor contact, or else very little.
>>
>>11056070
also man, watch some youtube videos from nickshaves, tse or paul h films
>>
>>11056096

Cheers, yeah i'll try reducing the pressure and including some aftershave.

Will also check out the youtube vids.
>>
>>11048400
Nice setup. I use arko sticks that I squish into my bowl to use as soap, some generic badger brush (I'm not picky), a merkur long handle, derby blades, and cvs brand old spice aftershave (it smells like the original unlike the new name brand).
>>
>>11050509
Cool Italian dude that works at the barber shop and has cut your hair since you were three scent.
>>
>>11053661
Fucking savage
>>
>>11050509
Imagine what Don Draper probably smells like. Thats it.
>>
>>11056952
>>11057279
Gonna try that Clubman, bros. Thanks for the rec!
>>
After trying Proraso green & red, I am really enjoying white. It has a pleasant scent like the others, but feels much nicer on my skin. It's almost the same feeling I get when a new girl kisses my whole face.
>>
File: gillette-mach3-turbo-razor-qtr.jpg (34KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
gillette-mach3-turbo-razor-qtr.jpg
34KB, 460x430px
>Become 16 year old - Mach3 free
Get razors from everyone, stick with what you like. I've been using mach 3 for 5 years now.
>Shaving foam of preference - $3
>After shave balm of prefrence - $3
>2 - pack shaving cartridge - $3

I guess having no cuts and a life has it's price. To bad it's just a buck or two more.
>>
>>11053264
thats how i do it, do you think im retarded?

the bics simply work better, they give a perfect shave with no effort in 1 or 2 passes
>>
>>11058672
>do you think im retarded?
Yes. That's the simple answer to this question. Yes, we do think that.
>>
>>11049256
>Merkur
Impeccable taste!
>>
I use a Merkur 25C, an unknown badger brush, Col. Conk's almond soap, Feather blades, l'Occitane cade aftershave and a styptic pen for when I fuck up.

I love the smell of the soap, it's amazing.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.