[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good dress shirt brands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
What are some good dress shirt brands?
>>
>>11022932
J Press has some good dress shirts. I believe they source them through Viyella?
>>
Asos. You don't need fancy dress shirts to work the night shift at Olive Garden friendo.
>>
>>11022952
>$110

jesus

>>11022973
aol internship
>>
>>11022983
Asos. You don't need fancy dress shirts to do an internship for aol.
>>
>>11022932
Once you go over 60 bucks per shirt, you should stop thinking about brands and check out bespoke shirts.
>>
>>11023377
this
>>
Mazzarelli
Zegna
Drake's
Finamore Napoli
Boggi
Poggianti
Tom Ford
Isaia
Kamakura
etc.

>>11023377
You don't know anything. Kill yourself.

Unless you have a weird body shape, there's usually no need to go MTM or bespoke unless you're looking for something different that you just can't find.

So many people have this belief that if they go bespoke or MTM it'll change their lives, but this is rarely the case. And no one should even be buying shirts that cost < $60, that's fucking retarded. Again, kill yourself.
>>
>>11022932
For work I wear a lot of charvet
>>
>>11022932
Arrows pretty noice, ifn youre on the cheap
>>
>>11022932
If You want so get basic set check out Charles Tyrwhitt. Four pack costs 200 dolla
>>
>>11023814
It doesn't change your life, but the quality is about the same at each price point anyway, you don't have to rework the shirt afterwards, and can make it just the way you like them.

Once you're spending enough to make MTM an option, you might as well just go for it, there's no reason not to.
>>
>>11024123
>the quality is about the same at each price point anyway

Except it isn't. A fair argument would be that shirts with details like more hand-sewn moments aren't exactly good value-for-money, but they're defininitely higher quality items.

And again, MTM/bespoke isn't the life-changing experience people sometimes long for. A huge factor in how well the shirt turns out has to do with how skilled the person taking the measurements are. It doesn't matter if the producer is top notch if the one taking measurements doesn't know what he's doing. It isn't a guarantee that they will fit perfectly. I've bought OTR shirts that fit better and are more comfortable than some of my MTM ones, and this is true for most people who've had some experience with both.

And of course there are benefits to OTR over MTM/bespoke, why would you even imply otherwise? Not even talking about price, not everyone wants to wait around a couple months or in some cases 6-12 months depending on where you live and what producer you go to.
>>
File: 1442791035949.png (83KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
1442791035949.png
83KB, 365x450px
>>11022983

>AOL
>2016
>>
>>11023833

Wearing a brand that rhymes with your occupation is pretty effay I guess
>>
>>11024158
>if the one taking measurements doesn't know what he's doing
That's only true if you go online for MTM.
If you ask your tailor, he'll know somebody that know somebody, or he might do them himself, and he'll measure you.
>>
>>11024123

>mfw some poorfag shitter with a 75 dollar 'bespoke' shirt thinks he's hot shit dissing my Kiton

Initials on your cuff is business fedora
>>
>>11024182
>implying there's only one price point
>implying bad taste, then dropping brand name
you're cute
>>
>>11024179
No, you're wrong.

I've tried MTM from four different sources, none were online (online MTM is about as retarded as it gets) and with varied results. Again, not everyone taking your measurements is going to do a perfect job, and you'd be stupid to expect them to.

I don't think you have any experience with these kinds of things, anon. I'm signing out - I've already made my contribution and named several good brands.

Best of luck, OP!
>>
>>11024197
I must have been lucky then.
>>
File: Red_carred_Layon_coat.jpg (211KB, 623x800px) Image search: [Google]
Red_carred_Layon_coat.jpg
211KB, 623x800px
>>11024191

>not being able to afford the finest garments money can buy

Get a load of this slave
>>
File: jej.jpg (15KB, 262x312px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
15KB, 262x312px
>>11024317
>projecting this hard
>>
>>11022932
I like thomas pink. Their slim fit stuff is comfortable and the materials are high quality
>>
>>11024182
what do you do for a living anon?
old money or some wall street gig?
wondering how people afford $800 shirts
Also, what is the biggest difference between, say, a T.M. Lewin (or similar brand in that range, if you have ever worn one) and a Kiton? I've never worn a Kiton so I have no frame of reference
>>
>>11024665
I would imagine the biggest difference aside from better construction, better materials and more hand-sewn moments to be the high armholes making for a much more comfortable shirt that you can really move well in.

And you can occasionally find Kiton shirts on sales for half price or less. Unless you're loaded, people usually aren't very keen on paying that much for a shirt.
>>
>>11024678
So in a way, you're paying for the waste.
Having multiple different shirts, with different shoulder and arm construction, all in good materials with high QC, is a big overhead.
I guess it saves time, the shirts are already there, and you can see the finished product.
>>
>>11022932
stealing this thread to ask a question

Someone redpill me on massimo dutti, cortefield and pedro del hierro quality
are they worth shopping? irl stores this are the only ones that seem ok
>>
I have a thick neck (16 or 16.5) but narrow shoulders (36 suit size). where can I find dress shirts that'll fit?

I have one nice miu miu that I've been wearing anytime I need to suit and tie, but it's getting old.

looking for rtw because I have a few wedding events later this month.
>>
>>11022932
If we're talking a decent balance between price and quality, Brooks Brothers, J.Press, etc. do pretty good work.

>>11023814
Bespoke suiting is worth the effort even at the lower tiers because custom cuts mean a lot, even with a "normal" body style. But I wouldn't disagree that shirts can just be bought off-the-rack and tailored.

>>11023989
>Charles Tyrwhitt
Surprisingly tolerable quality as well. I got a big coupon from them but my chest and arms don't fit in their slim fit shirts.

>>11024182
>Initials on your cuff is business fedora
Agreed.

(But wearing $800 dress shirts is the thing that people who don't actually wear suits to work do. It's horribly impractical)

>>11024678
>I would imagine the biggest difference aside from better construction, better materials and more hand-sewn moments to be the high armholes making for a much more comfortable shirt that you can really move well in.
High armholes are not some sort of elusive animal that no-one but the veblen goods makers can capture. Hell, even Ralph Lauren sells high armhole shirts in varying parts of their lines.

I genuinely do not understand the appeal of hyper-expensive shirts, and I could easily afford them. I wear dress shirts virtually every day and find that even the ~high quality~ ones take a beating with time. Instead of buying an $800 shirt and wearing it obsessively, I see no shame in buying 8 $100 shirts that need a bit of tailoring.
>>
>>11025057
>Bespoke suiting

Sure. But we're talking shirts here.

>High armholes are not some sort of elusive animal that no-one but the veblen goods makers can capture

Never said that either. But high armholes are usually reserved for higher end (and thus pricier) shirts for a simple reason: they fit less people and are as a result harder to sell. And mobility IS the biggest and most notable difference.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.