[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doc Martens General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: martens.jpg (409KB, 2147x1817px) Image search: [Google]
martens.jpg
409KB, 2147x1817px
I've seen these being worn in a movie and have always been attracted to the look but almost always think they look awful irl or in tumblr inspo pics

dump some inspo and discuss
>>
awful quality, buy a pair of real boots instead. spending 100$ on a piece of shit is waste of money, when you can get a pair of boots that actually last more than a year with 300$.
>>
File: 366.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
366.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>11002011
>awful quality
what in the blue hell are you talking about boy
i got these boots from my father who bought it 24 years ago when he studied in the UK,and it's still fine
even the made in china or vietnam docs aren't as awful as /fa/ make it out to be
>>
>>11001991
>>11002026
very nice

ignore the other twat in the thread
>>
>>11001991
they look bad unless youre over 6 feet, and skinny dont cop.
>>
>>11002026
>bough 24 years ago

Even if these are great boots for the 100$ range, quality is far from being the same today. Also what annoys mle the most is that quality can greatly vary between boots from the same location...
>>
>>11002011
confirmed for never owning docs

ive bought some at a trift store 5 years ago, theyre tuff as hell, and still look great
>>
>>11002058
5'8 here, mine look good if I'm wearing women's jeans. Anything baggier than that makes them look fucking stupid.

This guy is basically right desu.
>>
Docs are known for being solid shoes.
>>
They make u look like a faggot
Just keepin it real whichu
Its the gayest look ive seen in a while
>>
File: 81FkMPVdDfL._UX395_.jpg (21KB, 395x379px) Image search: [Google]
81FkMPVdDfL._UX395_.jpg
21KB, 395x379px
Thoughts on these?

http://www.drmartens.com/us/Men%252527s-Boots/1460/p/11822200
>>
File: tumblr_o1b44uNeQw1s7y6ddo1_1280.jpg (524KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1b44uNeQw1s7y6ddo1_1280.jpg
524KB, 1280x1280px
>>
>>11002026
Your shoe collection is reason enough to disregard anything you might say.
>>
>>11002895
Fuckin awful fit
>>
>>11002890

in most cases i'd say dont go brown on docs
>>
>>11001991
>>11002026
where do you get ones with this flatter, non-bulbous toe? I swear all new ones I look at have a huge chunky toe box.

>>11002011
doc leather is a little plastic-y but I wouldn't ray they're low quality in terms of how durable they are and how well they fit in to a lot of styles. The thing with 'high quality' boots is that, yes, they are more handmade and the leather feels nicer, but they often get damaged way easier and are more susceptible from water and mould damage. Also while leather and wood soles are nice they wear away quite quickly, soak up water and rot, and often the 'superior quality' stitched sole means you are walking directly on said stitching and destroying the very thing that holds the shoe together. None of that happens with docs.

That said, I'm currently replacing my low DMs with some Redwing Beckman boots, but only because the tongue of the docs still hurts the front of my foot even after 3 years of wear, and the Beckmans have a rubber half sole as standard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.