[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever complimented your style?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: dd.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
Has anyone ever complimented your style?
>>
>>10985683

everyday desu
>>
>>10985683
Yeah
>>
Some normie complemented my Stans today
>>
when i dress like everyone else, yes
>>
File: wojak tears.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak tears.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>10985683
Even when I dressed super dadcore in early college there were people who thought I was well dressed. Now that my style's a little more sophisticated, though still preppy, I think my clothes have become almost too much a part of how people perceive me. My ex got legit mad at me once because I dressed down for a day and she thought I looked trashy.
>>
Boots, jeans, plain Ts or flannels. So no - I fly under the radar usually.

BUT, people love my animal/nature shirts. I get compliments every single time I wear one of those bad boys out.
>>
>>10985683
Yes but it doesn't make me feel good
>>
i wore a plain fit white t shirt and got complimented on how the shirt made me look cute form a co-worker.
>>
>>10985730
shirt pics pls
>>
>>10985683
Nope because I'm too skinny. I'm 6'0 and 130 pounds, so whenever I wear jeans they look baggy. But if I wear slim fit or skinny, I look like a bird.
>>
>>10985683
I have recieved compliments on my overall style but people tend to compliment specific things most of the time.

The top 3 are: Hair, shoes, jackets.
>>
>>10985730
They are 100% making fun of you
>>
>>10985683
>>10985884
>this
it's honestly awkward as shit
>>
>>10986455
nice dubs and i agree
>>
>>10985683
Yes. On pretty basic shit too, like desert boots or my uniqlo flannels
>>
Yeah and it's actually annoying and awkward
>>
>>10986455
>>10986457
>>10986467

what? How is it awkward?

>wow anon you dress so well everyday!

>ha thanks!

literally thats it
>>
>>10986474
yea but what about that awkward exit, you dip
>>10986467
>"annoying" woah Pete let's not go overboard here
>>
>>10986474
>everyday
implying that all of /fa/ mindset is effay, so compliment? thanks
>>
>>10985683
Yeah, a lot of people. In my social groups everybody considers me to have "good fashion", girls especially.
>>
ya like evryday
>>
>>10986499
same yooooo
>>
yeah i get compliments pretty regularly. usually just on one thing and not my style has a whole. like oh that sweater looks so comfortable or whatever. but ive had people tell me i dress good or im dressing better and one dude say he likes my style.
>>
File: 1397919200698.png (192KB, 505x569px) Image search: [Google]
1397919200698.png
192KB, 505x569px
>>10986474
>wow anon i like how your fit today man, this is probably the best dressed you've ever been lol where did you get _____ from?
>oh i got it from _______
>haha alright
>...
>
>>
>>10986511
It's pretty nice desu
>>
>>10986517
>wow anon i like how your fit today man, this is probably the best dressed you've ever been lol where did you get _____ from?
>thanks! i got it from ___
>haha alright
>you should get the exact same, then we'd be matching, how cute
>hahahahahaa
>>
>>10986490
>>10986517
>this
perfect example, thank you anon.
>>
>>10986517
How do you guys fuck up human interaction so much?
>>
I honestly really highly doubt anyone on this board gets complimented on their style.
>>
File: 0ev2VRI.jpg (767KB, 2968x2589px) Image search: [Google]
0ev2VRI.jpg
767KB, 2968x2589px
>>10986811

why?

people will compliment you for even trying.
>>
>>10986833
because /fa/ tries so fucking hard that they just go over the top

when every outfit you guys wear as college students are over $500 that's trying too fucking hard
>>
File: RyeOAR8.jpg (292KB, 1240x1772px) Image search: [Google]
RyeOAR8.jpg
292KB, 1240x1772px
>>10986840

even more of a reason for people to compliment
>>
>>10986840
I can't even buy a decent pair boots with $500 poorfag
>>
>>10986446
Pretty much this. I also tend to get more compliments on "unique" or slightly flashier articles of clothing.
>>
>>10986517
>...

what do you mean "..."? Do you not know how to continue the conversation after that? Sure if it's a greeting conversation (like your saying hi 'n bye) then it makes sense to end the conversation there, but you could start talking about clothes at the point.
>>
File: 1426966710646.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426966710646.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>have a bunch of other nice designer clothes and well coordinated color palettes
>still get the most compliments on my bape jacket and supreme box logo shirt
>>
File: 1449887848282.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449887848282.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
no one talks to me haha
>>
What do people compliment exactly? The way my clothes look? I've been complimented a couple times by qts but what exactly are they complimenting? The way the clothes fits me? The quality of the material? I don't know, everything just seems so pointless I just want to go to sleep and never wake up, I just want a peaceful death.
>>
yeah sometimes, but not often.
I live in a country uni-town where (weirdly) surfwear is the trend, and only a few people I've met are into/read about fashion.
nice when it happens though, but I'm not too bothered either way.
>>
I'm a complete fuckboy and my wardrobe just consists of levi 511 jeans and random button down shirts i get off the rack, as well as meme sneakers like sambas, nike, adidas basic shit

even i have been complimented on stuff before. not anything big, but just like "i like that shirt anon" or "wow cool shoes" or the first time i wore those solid color flat front shorts and someone called me a frat boy
>>
>>10985683
I haven't got complimented in a long time at school but it's because i do not interact with people

i receive compliments from my old co workers though
>>
>>10985683
For some weird reason i get compliments on my raw denim the most.

I think it's the cuffs and they just look very high quality to normies when compared to most jeans (even though some are not)
the deep indigo color looks really nice with brown boots or sneakers
>>
>>10986855
w2c unstructured topcoat?
>>
>>10986474
receiving compliments is hard for a lot of people.
might be do to lack of confidence, they don't feel like they deserve them. Even possibly the fear of humiliation and paranoia. Some will be worried that they are actually making fun of them and being sarcastic. I've felt this at time even if the compliments were most likely genuine.

Now all i really hate is when they start asking where you got x from then follow up with how much it cost.

I don't like telling people how much my memes are
>>
>>10986924
>>10986939
both feels very relatable
>>
>>10987021
>I don't like telling people how much my memes are

i can't imagine how shitty it would feel to tell someone that my creative projects that look like any other white sneaker cost $350
>>
>>10987047
I always just say "way too fucking much". No one ever presses for a number. And when people know what the item is, they rarely ask how much it cost.
>>
>>10987047
same except i was to impatience to look for any sort of discount and bought them at actual retail

lmao @ my life

also when u tell people your jeans cost +$200<<<

it's probably easy to lie about that though
>>
>>10986786
By overthinking it, seriously conversations supposed to just flow naturally but then sometimes I start becoming overly self aware of the movements of my mouth and what I'm saying that I start freaking out and go blank. Good thing I've learned to turn awkward situations into jokes
>>
I hate describing my clothing to people. No one from where I come from knows anythinf about fashion, at all.

>nice jacket, I have been looking for one of those! Where did you get it?
>Oh, thanks. Its actually Helmut Lang
>a what? Is that a store?
>Nah, its an archival garment from Helmut Lang, a designer.
>Oh, okay, well tell me where to buy it?
>you can probably find one depending on the color/size for 1-2racks
>whats a rack?
>its $1000
>...
>...

Whenever people ask what I am wearing I cant tell them without sounding like a condescending twat. Its impossible. I get complimented on a piece and I say "oh its a raf piece from ss2000 collection summa cum laude" then I just get blank stares...
>>
All the time

>pic related
>>
>>10987021
>might be do to lack of confidence, they don't feel like they deserve them
I feel like this is me
>>
>>10987196
>autism

just tell them the jacket store for $3.50 family dont fucking fashun history sperg on them christ
>>
>>10987196

cringed. normal people don't care wtf your wearing, namedropping rap meme brands and nerding out about fashion doesn't impress the avg pedestrian. at the very most, say your shit is by a foreign designer you're a fan of and they don't make it anymore, try a h&m. take the compliment and move on lmao
>>
>friends mom said i always look sharp
>guy said dope denim shirt.
>cute gril said look at what im wearing when telling my friend how to dress nice

im so fuckin dope
>>
>>10987208
ur fat fedoras idiot
>>
I can remember this happening two times and both of them I was wearing basically the same fit
>>
>>10985683
yes, mostly girls
>>
sometimes my friends ask me for fashion advice so thats kind of a compliment

or we call each other jiggy niggas
>>
Pretty often. More often it's about my looks though.
>>
my RM williams get noticed fairly often.
I say noticed and not complimented deliberately.
>>
>>10985683
yes and it feels just like fucking this
>>10987021

I always feel like people are making fun of me, not even that socially retarded just insecure which i guess is why i got into fashion.. h-hold me effay
>>
No cause I'm a fucking loner who tries secretly
>>
>tfw get known as fashionable
>tfw can wear anything and people think its cool
>>
>>10987313
>2016
>being a twink rather than a muscle bound monster
oh i guess you dont have to worry about defending a woman in these dark times due to you having a boyfriend to protect you
>>
Yeah a 10/10 girl at my uni once told me she loved my necklace. Wasn't even talking to her, just browsing some books. Also someone recognised this Raf tee I was wearing and told me he thought it was cool. Also whilst traveling I wore a Hawaiian shirt once and had my hair parted in the middle after swimming and someone told me I looked like Leo in Romeo and Juliet, suppose that's a compliment as well.

Apart from that never really, don't have any friends.
>>
>>10987021
I feel that. I don't like telling people how much my clothing costs. They usually guess that it's on the pricier side compared to what they buy but I'm not gonna tell people I'm wearing $1200 jeans. If I wanted to flaunt shit I'd buy some shitty over-branded D&G bullshit or something.
>>
>>10987196
I had two people in one day ask me about a pair of vintage Helmut pants. One guy was dressed like a hippie and working in a spice store so I just told him they were vintage and it was chill. Other dude was an Arc'teryx employee so I guessed he might know something about fashion. I said they were old school Helmut Lang and I got a blank stare followed by 'wut...' Cue my hasty awkward explanation of Lang.
>>
When you receive a compliment say "Thank you." in a friendly way. Don't say "Really, you think so?", because that's false modesty and beta as fuck as well.
>>
>>10985683
all the time at school. my friend always has the impulse to record it too, just yelling "damn" at me. Its kinda been bugging me lately
>>
File: 1454183284463.jpg (25KB, 338x173px) Image search: [Google]
1454183284463.jpg
25KB, 338x173px
Back when I was younger and always wore military surplus older men would come up and complement me.
>>
>>10985683
usually only on thrifted garments or lel-tier graphic tees by post-ironic normies

sometimes i get compliments on my sneakers (always cheap skate shoes)
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.