[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ mistakes you've made in your youth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

How old were you, and what were you wearing that when you look back at it, it makes you physically cringe?

>First two years of high school
>Novelty food/drink shirts
>Jewfro
>Skinny as shit

Jesus christ the regrets.
>>
baggy south pole jeans and denim shorts jesus
>>
>>10977927
idk anon you sounded pretty dope to me
i probably would've fugged you
>>
>>10978032
OP here, I'm a girl
>>
>>10978032
OP here i'm trans
>>
File: Xby4xR7.jpg (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Xby4xR7.jpg
40KB, 250x250px
>>10978050
>>10978071
>>
>>10978032
OP here, I'm trains
>>
File: 1364862963859.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1364862963859.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>10977927
I think we've all made this mistake: Trying to dress older than you are.

I used to try and dress like a pilot; wearing aviators and a military style shirt. I look back and cringe but I thought I looked cool as hell
>>
>>10977927
When I lost loads of weight and went skellington mode, I decided to buy tons of 'cool' graphic tees to fill my wardrobe and make me seem 'unique' when I first went to college. I threw them all out last week after not wearing any of them in about a year and I almost felt physically sick looking at them thinking I used to wear that shit thinking I was funny. Threadless can just fuck off please.
>>
>first year of uni
>/fa/ at this time was very menswear, aka what you would call reddit now
>fall for the meme
>thought it would be a good idea to wear khaki chinos and oxford cloth button down to classes
oh god why
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 413x310px
I used to wear baggy clothes all the time and holy shit I cringe horrible now. I also used go have that beatles haircut in high school HOLY SHIT WHY DID I DO THAT FUCK! I don't even wanna think about it man, my autism was worst back then I swear.
>>
Got a rather large tattoo when I was 16
sigh
>>
In grade 8 I wore heels to school every single day, it didn't look too bad but it was pretty over the top for a middle school kid
>>
>>10977927
>skinny as shit
>bad thing

you new here?
>>
when I was a teen I used to dress in full army camo clothing complete with a hat and boots
>>
drop dead clothing

ill-fitting ugly-patterned flannels

gray jeans
red jeans
long, unkempt blonde hair
dc shoes
>>
>fake yeezys
>yeezys
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 224x168px
>>10977927
>goatee and baggy jeans

hs sure was a weird time
>>
Used to frequently wear oversized anime tees and cargo shorts with those horrible DC skate shoes. My fave shirt at the time was a haruhi suzumiya one that had her taking off her socks and giant text reading "GOT H?"

I wasnt even a footfag but it probs came across that way now that i think about it... man, my mother would wash that shirt... christ
>>
>>10977927
>How old were you, and what were you wearing that when you look back at it, it makes you physically cringe?
Why would it make me cringe?
I'm not insecure teenager, I can look back and have a laugh at myself.
>>
>>10979901
w2c T shirt??
>>
>>10979901
You never thought while wearing that shirt that the image made you look like a freak?
>>
File: 1385584485221.jpg (23KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
1385584485221.jpg
23KB, 608x352px
>>10977927
Freshman year of college
>raw denim straight leg jeans
Doesn't sound that bad but I'm a skinny 5'4" manlet so they made my legs look like two awkward rectangles
>frizzy borat hair
>black suede Superstars with bright aqua blue laces and heel tab
>cheap chinese peacoat
>ushanka with hammer and sickle pin in front
>>
>>10979583
lmao you probably wear the h&m yeezy knockoffs now and look equally retarded
>>
I had a fedora in 6th grade
I wore brightly-coloured skate/surf brands like Billabong, Quiksilver, and DC from 6th grade to the beginning of high school
Wore mall-tier shit like American Eagle and Aeropostale until like grade 12
Wore turquoise pants with a blue shirt a few times
Generally had shitty footwear
No consistency in my style whatsover, would wear black skinny jeans and an OCBD one day and baggy pants and a ballcap the next
>>
>was scene af
>straightened hair and wore as a fringe
>neon coloured hoodies
>graphic tees from cheap stores
>gaudy high tops and skinnies
>>
Clarks Desert Boots were a mistake

Leggings under shorts. I did run during winter though, so there's that.
>>
Early teenage years I went full weeaboo.
>asymmetrical oshare kei inspired hair cut
>tutus
>arm warmers
>mismatched plastic jewellery

Then full unremarkable afterwards for a few years. Just plain coloured tshirts and skinny jeans from 2007-2009. So that wasn't cringe inducing, just boring.

Then later teenage years, 16-19 or so, I went full twee
>Peter pan collars
>ankle socks with frills
>patterned dresses in pastel tones that didn't suit me
>cheap Chinese shit
>cardigans
>mini skirts and thigh high socks

Who knows if I'll look back on now and cringe though. I liked how I looked at the time then, maybe in three years or so I'll look back on now with horror.
>>
File: 75685665.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
75685665.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
>Track suits all day ery day for 3 years of high school
>Tfw nobody from back then remembers me anyway
>>
>>10980323
goddamn son

I think my worst was seventh grade through freshman year

>long shitty looking hair
>clunky DC skate shoes
>baggy blue jeans
>oversized black metal shirts
>>
>>10979583

Post a fit you wear now. I bet you looked better back then
>>
>>10980966

Clarks Desert Boots are good
>>
I wore obscure metal shirts with slim/skinny jeans from age 13 until three years ago or so (I'm nearing my mid 20s now so yeah)

I liked how I looked back then, but I'm older now so obviously I don't want to dress like a teenager. My clothes all fit well and the look I had is apparently popular now amongst rappers and pop singers.
>>
>>10978101
>>/funnyjunk/
>>
>>10980998
>mini skirts and thigh high socks

muh dick
>>
>>10977927
My pants had to be long enough that when I sit down, my socks won't show. I didn't even have shit socks. Also a shitty haircut that I changed after a mate saw me with my mum and said I had the same as her. Looking back I don't cringe because I really didn't care and had fun either way, no girls though.
>>
>>10979583
lol so u dressed like a regular person and not a sperg?
>>
>>10977927
up until sophmore year I was dressed by my mother from thrift shops
always minimal though, neutral colors, slim jeans, used converse grey or white. my mom did good.
never got into the whole graphic tees thing or khakis.

junior senior I started buying my own clothes, same shit though, did fall for the asos meme however, had several pairs of colored jeans (teal, white, red), and i cut my old tshirts into raceback tanks.

ive always been fit-lanky. im 6'1 150 ish now. so even if my clothes looked bad, i never looked that bad overall i would guess
>>
Hot topic, sleeping with sirens, ptv merch, wore them with boot cut jeans, and a bunch of those bracelets, had a fro that i tryed to straighten, i tryed to be emo breddy much
>>
I used to wear black skinnies, a purple and black striped sweater, and purple and black vans, and I thought I was fly as shit for color coordinating, when I really just looked like howard wallowitz
>>
white suspenders, boots, and a derby
literally the most embarrassing week of my life
>>
>>10979936
Some anime con. Dont know much else about it

>>10980296
When i was 14 i was all about waving the freak flag and all that shit. I was the tallest and bulkiest kid in my class so I'whenever anybody would give me shit, I would litrrally intimidate them or in one case I beat a guy up. I took imm3nse pride in being a "tough guy geek" like the protagonist of that wii game no more heroes. I was nothing like him tho, just a fat weeb who started lifting weights young

I figured since i couldnt fit in id exaggerate my freakiness and become the alpha omega male
>>
>>10979583
Dressing prep is fucking kill yourself apparently?
If you're in a frat dressing like that will only get you laid
You sound like a sad virgin
>>
Wore Hollister
>>
briefly tried lunarcore, now i own a pair of palladiums that i literally never wear

im sure maybe someone exceedingly attractive and living in a particularly fashionable city could pull it off, but most of you trying to do it (including younger me) look like autistic cosplayers

of course time will tell if i look back on what i wear now the same way
>>
>>10982834
I bought a few lunar pieces when I thought I'd be into it. Only wore a handful of fits, but luckily most of the stuff I bought is pretty easy to use in casual non-lunar type outfits.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.