[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: tumblr_ljivagUu701qfibauo1_1280.jpg (84KB, 731x950px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljivagUu701qfibauo1_1280.jpg
84KB, 731x950px
Hey /fa/, I want to be a model. My cousin was one, and a good one at that, but she lost the spot since she got a bf. She was supposed to go to Spain for a shoot, but since she had the bf she gained a little weight and it was too much. Missed opportunity.

Regardless, I'd like to get into the in industry. I'm a 6' guy, decently stocky, but am currently 200 pounds with a slight gut, but it can't really be seen when I have a shirt on. Also, my chest is a little bit underwellming.

However, for better or for worse, I'm ginger. A bit like pic related, but my hair is short currently for cadets. I don't think I'm gonna stay there though, so I'm gonna try to grow my hair out.
>>
take polaroids and send them to as many agents as you can

also post face before you do
>>
File: image.jpg (268KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 1280x960px
>>10975666
Lighting is bad currently, but here ya go.
1/2
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
>>10975674
2/2
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>
>>10975676
No you can't be a model
>>
File: IMG_5104.jpg (238KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5104.jpg
238KB, 960x960px
i? 1/3
>>
File: IMG_5266.png (495KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5266.png
495KB, 1280x960px
2/3
>>
File: Снимок.png (400KB, 405x527px) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.png
400KB, 405x527px
3/3
>>
>>10975739
No you can't be a model
>>
>>10975731
I want to kiss your neck and collarbones
no homo tho
>>
>tfw told several times that I should (or look like a) model
>but I'm not a chad, I just look weird

conflicted to say the least
>>
>>10975660
Need to lose weight. Go down to 160lb lean
>>
>>10975674
>>10975676
Potential. You seem to have a decent jaw and your features are nice. Cut down about 15 - 20 pounds

>>10975731
>>10975736
>>10975739
I think I could see you landing small gigs
>>
>>10975928
oh yeah, forgot to add

>6'4, nearly 6'5
>currently about 190lbs, but going to cut down

What would be a decent weight for that height?
>>
>>10975949
its more about composition than weight. just make sure you can see your abs well and try to be very low body fat % without losing all of your muscle
>>
Actual signed model here. Both of you can be models as long as you are tall enough. You don't have to exercise but you do need to take better care of your skin. Anyone can be a model but not everyone can be a fashion model. You can always do stuff like lifestyle modeling as long as you have the skills and a portfolio.

But how do I build a portfolio?
Watch a couple of posing videos on YouTube at the very least or have a photographer or something like a figure drawing class teach you poses. Know a little about lighting and taking pictures. These are things you will need to understand to have people believe you have more experience than you really do. If your not lying and saying youre better than you are the next prettier face is. You two are decent enough to do fashion as long as you care for your skin better. More vegetables. Water. Organic. Gmo free. Makes a big difference for skin quality.

Have a friend with a nice camera take a bunch of pictures of you. A DSLR works great. You want many poses and many outfits and multiple locations. It could take a few days or more to build it up. Different haircuts make you look like you've done this for a while (tip for guys with longer hair) cut it one way take a bunch of pics, then a little more and more pics etc. Most of the pics will be really bad or awkward. You get maybe a couple out of hundreds that look great. That's modeling. Take these photos and put some filters to make them the way you want the art to look. I can't tell you how to take an artsy picture.

Make a modelmayhem and post these photos there. You can do up to 15. Announce your presence and accept all friend requests. Talk to the photographers to schedule some tfp shoots. Trade for print. This is trading your time as a model in exchange for prints of your work. Pictures that you use to say you are a model.

Have some of these photos printed out at Walmart or somewhere maybe a bit better. Send them with a link in the letter to your modelmayhem page.
>>
>>10975660
Well, what I did was send pictures to different agencies, worked for me.

Had a lot of rejections because of my height tho (6'4 / 194cm). My current agency just lies about my length to potential customers so I have that going for me. Went to Milan this Jan for my first fashion week, didn't land any jobs tho and the work is kind of weird so if I were you, you should just find something you'd enjoy doing. TL;DR: Modeling is overrated
>>
>>10975977
Send them with a self addressed stamped envelope to as many modeling agencies as you can. Mail not email. Send the photos through mail because they have to mail them back to you if they decide not to. Snail mail shows dedication.

You will probably be accepted to go to an open casting and if you pass you are now a working model. If you fuck this up its OK because you can always do art modeling, which is what I prefer anyway. Way more fun and creative. Have lots of photos taken of you for exchange of your time for prints until your experiences and have a nice enough portfolio to start charging for your time. Congrats you are a pro model this way as well.

Think of it like a business where your face is the product. The more camera time and experience your face has in front of a camera the more legitimate of a model face it is, and thus the more you can charge for a photographer to take a picture of it. The senior tech gets paid more than the Jr because he knows more and has done it more. The same worms with a model. Once you have a lot of experience you can charge more and more money for a shoot. For art I find the upper limit for me currently is around 100/hr for clothed and 200/hr for nude/implied nudity. It can be much much higher, especially for nude but its usually gay stuff and if you want to go there that path is always for you. Not me.
>>
>>10975952
see, that's the thing. it's difficult for me to drop my body fat percentage without losing too much muscle. but my main concern is the fat in my face. i dont know if it kills my potential (if i even had any to begin with)
>>
>>10976002
Why do you guys want to be a model? Seriously why? You will be paid shit and the only satisfaction in your work is to just existence. Aspire to be something better. I modeled for a couple years because I was pressured to from people around me. I got paid not enough to warrant the disadvantages of the job. I felt so vain, and it makes your ego spiral out of control
>>
>>10976040
*Exist
>>
>>10976040
The money, m8. I'm broke af with my current job(s). Figure that taking some modeling jobs on the side would definitely help if possible
>>
>>10976040
Shit that never happened

>>10976047
If your in it for the money you won't make it. There are much more efficient ways to make money than modeling. It takes a while to make money. Read my posts
>>
>>10976047
Agree with >>10976057 I made more money as a waiter
>>
>>10976057
>>10976063
So, even as a third job it wouldn't be worth it? I just imagined that every now and then a job might show up so I could make a bit more money, or is that just not how it works?
>>
>>10976070
No agencies require a lot of flexibility. You have to want to be a model to be a successful model that gets paid. Working constantly.
>>
>>10976057
This. Male models get paid next to nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 2021x1155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 2021x1155px
Can I be a model? Please fa I need this.
>>
>>10975932
You're too nice anon
>>
>>10975977
>>10975998
Thanks Anon, I'll look into it.

>>10976040
Why? I like the idea of not having to do manual labor or working behind a desk, and getting pictures taken of me seems like an ok way to do that instead. Standing around all day doesn't bother me that much, seeing as you have to do that already as a cadet. As for my body, I'm not that super confident in it, and this should make me face my fear (and hopefully looks better too).I also would like to travel, and apparently people go on shoots everywhere, which seems really cool. The money is also nice. Not the best, but it's alright.
>>
File: BMI_Chart_eng.png (8KB, 701x369px) Image search: [Google]
BMI_Chart_eng.png
8KB, 701x369px
>>10975949
Here
>>
''i want to be a model''

what is wrong with you people? why not aspire to be something worthwhile. fuck, why not aspire to something that actually benefits you in a way that isn't 90 percent being able to tell people 'what you do'
>>
File: image.jpg (477KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 900x720px
>>10977310
Tfw height isn't even on here
>>
>>10975674
>>10975676

lmao your face is way too fat m8, no chance.

>>10975731
>>10975736
>>10975739

Are you kidding? Your eyes are your only acceptable feature. Your jaw and chin are laughably weak
>>
>>10977310

Shit I'm underweight asfuck

Thanks for posting anon, who would've known coming onto /fa/ at 0245 would show me this sign to eat everything and spend 45% of my day doing pushups

You're based tier broh
>>
>>10977310

lmao

This chart says I'm overweight but I'm /fit/ and 8% bodyfat

DO NOT TRUST BMI
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.