[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

i've always just gotten by with sneakers and others cheap shoes who fail and fall apart after half a year to one year.

i want to buy something that lasts, and i think pic related are the shoes for me.

only, they cost me a total of 150 bucks, which is way more than any other pair of shoes i've ever bought.

am i just ignorant, are good shoes just around this price and up?
>>
If you want something that will last, get something that can be resoled. The sole is almost always the first point of failure on a shoe.
>>
get doc marten's 1461 for life with the lifetime guarantee
>>
>>10973100
how do you check for that?

>>10973104
those look good too. is that lifetime guarantee actually lifetime or is it a "product's lifetime" guarantee?
>>
>>10973113
Most shoes made with a welt (Goodyear, storm, Blake, reverse, etc.) can be resoled. The manufacturer/seller will likely advertise if their shoes are welted.
Doc Marten's are a rare example of a welted shoe that can't (to my knowledge) be resoled.
>>
>>10973148
thanks for the info.
would you maybe know some good resole-able shoes that look a bit like the original picture?
>>
what about Solovair?
>>
>>10973164
That's a fairly common style (plain-toe derby/blucher), so there are loads out there at every price point. How much are you willing to spend?
>>
>>10973315
i'm looking for a pair of shoes that lasts multiple years, maintenance included when necessary.
i'd be willing to spend anywhere up to 200 bucks, maybe a bit over if it's really worth it.
>>
>>10973330
For casual and work shoes, take a look at Chippewa, Clarks (only some of theirs can be resoled), Thorogood, Corcoran, and Soft Star (kinda hippyish, but made well and some models can be resoled).
If you want something a bit dressier, look for Allen Edmonds seconds or on sale.
>>
>>10973451
what would you think about these:
http://global.llbean.com/shop/East-Point-Oxfords/85713.html

LLbean is having a sale today so it popped up somewhere.
>>
>>10973663
They don't look resolable to me, and some of the reviews are saying they aren't very durable either.
A lot if brands these days will put fake welts on their crap shoes to invoke a feeling of quality and craftsmanship. Generally speaking (and note that there are exceptions), welted shoes will have visible stitching on the bottom of the sole.
Where are you located, by the way?
>>
>>10973704
> Generally speaking (and note that there are exceptions), welted shoes will have visible stitching on the bottom of the sole.

that's very good to know, thanks.

> Where are you located, by the way?

The Netherlands. i usually express amounts in dollars though, because the difference in sales tax balances out against the currency value difference.

i'm poking around Solovair now, because it seems they're basically old doc martens, same machines and everything in the UK, just a different name.
>>
how about this one:
https://britboot.site.powa.com/engine/shop/product/SLS04/Solovair+-+Oxblood+Leather+Shoe+%284+Eyelet%29

this one looks pretty good.
>>
>>10973113
$50 + shipping for old pair to USA for a replacement from Dr martens
>>
>>10973148
They're half welted basically, the welt is made for show then the shoe is vulcanized
>>
>>10973919
how often do you think you'll need a replacement? i keep reading about their production now being in china, thailand etc. and the quality being way lower.
>>
>>10973922
The step where the guy puts the sole to flame is vulcanization process of the rubber sole to the upper.

This is how cheap cup soled sneakers are produced

http://www.drmartens.com/uk/art-of-industrial-manufacturing
>>
>>10973947
Doc martens aren't good shoes. You will likely need a replacement in about 3-6 months with the lifetime ones since the cheap rubber air sole tends to wear through
>>
>>10973959
i hope you don't me asking you some more questions.

what is your opinion on Solovair?
>>
>>10973190
solovairs are uncomfy as fuck
>>
>>10973998
but aren't they basically doc martens?
>>
>>10973959
you don't really know what your talking about

I had a pair of docs that i wore to school/work/fucking everywhere, 7-8 hours a day for 6 or 7 days a week.
the sole only wore to the point where there wasn't any grip left at about the 1.5-2 year mark
>>
>>10973947
>>10973959
I used a pair of MiT 1460s for like two years as my work (kitchen) shoe, and only got rid of them because they didn't fit me anymore.
How long your shoes last depends greatly on your gait, weight, foot shape, etc.
>>10973953
Yeah like I said earlier, there are a lot of fake welts out there. It's annoying that DM advertises their shoes as "goodyear welted" when they are basically made like sneakers.
>>10974005
From what I gather, they're basically the same as Made in England docs.
>>10973998
For you, maybe. Shoe comfort depends almost completely on the person wearing them.
>>10973905
Solovair is a step up from DM's regular line, but I don't think they can be resoled either.
>>
>>10973713
You should check out Red Wing Amsterdam. They have a number of derbies in stock, as well as some RW models i don't think you can't find anywhere else, like the Munson Ranger.
>>
>>10974177
it looks like a good store, but i think it might be a bit above my price range.
>>
File: 173A0443.jpg (156KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
173A0443.jpg
156KB, 1600x1066px
>>10973096
I bought the doc marten octavius in brown, very good shoe, look pretty rad with skinnies and even shorts actually. I wear them in a kitchen and also at uni and everywhere really, they replaced my vans for everything but dirty shit.
>>
>>10975476
looking good, how has the wear and tear been?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.