[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fa/ size down on leather jackets? Thinking about copping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: SLP_rider_JKdetail.jpg (216KB, 650x820px) Image search: [Google]
SLP_rider_JKdetail.jpg
216KB, 650x820px
Does /fa/ size down on leather jackets?

Thinking about copping one, i'm a 38 normally in suit jackets but i'm thinking of grabbing a 36 in leather because i heard they stretch, what do you guys think?

Also /leatherjacketgeneral/
>>
literally every brand has different sizing and cuts dude theres no way to definitively say if you should size down or not.
>>
>>10959746
This is true.

That said, the USUAL rule of thumb is to buy a leather jacket that is slightly snug (but not painfully tight, obviously). Good leather jackets have a tendency to stretch ever so slightly, meaning that a snug-fit jacket now will kinda begin to adapt to your body.
>>
>>10959754
Do you think going from a size 46/38 to a 44/36 would be painfully tight? lmao
>>
>>10959765
read the replies fucktard, poorhomme has sizing charts, other brands do too, dont go off a single number like a cuk
>>
>>10959765
depends, you should definitely size down if you're getting a real SLP leather for example, since they are quite boxy. Assuming you're OP, non-Asian, and that pic is the one you want, you may want to go TTS since a Korean rep is probably tailored to an Asian frame.
>>
>>10959793
>>10959746
calm down nerd
>>
>>10960006
2 different posters
>>
>>10959799
>you should definitely size down if you're getting a real SLP leather for example, since they are quite boxy.
Dude what

I'm a 36 in nearly everything and I couldn't even get an SLP jacket in my size on, I had to wear a 38 and even that was still pretty snug.
>>
>>10959727
Dude, go into the shop and ask the clerk. If you're in a proper place - and if you're buying a leather jacket, you shouldn't skimp out - they'll know what they're talking about and should be able to fit you correctly.

I really hope you're not intending to buy it online.
>>
>>10960950
true
my SLP coat size was 48eu/38us but I couldn't wear their leather jacket at the same size, i had to go up to a 50eu/40us size.

Depend on the brand though i was a 48eu/38us in Sandro's leather jacket so ...

you're better checking it in a shop just to be sure
>>
>>10960006
do i size down lmao
>>
>>10960962
This. Go to a fucking shop.
>>
You need to size down or it wont fit properly and you'll look like some neck beard faggot, you want it to fit tight so the material can stretch and "break-in" to your shape.
>>
>>10960962
>>10962427

Some things you can buy online. This is not one of them.

You HAVE to try on a leather bomber in person because, if you do it right, it's going to be your second skin.

It's also going to be one of the most expensive single items of clothing you're gonna buy, and leather is incredibly hard to tailor (most won't even do it). The collar, sleeves, how it curves against your back, where on your hips it hits - you have to get it as close as possible off the rack.

It's going to be a frustrating search but once you try on the right one you'll know it's the one. Cliche is true. It's also one of the only garments that'll make you walk differently because of how you feel when you wear it.
>>
File: 42B1528.jpg (1MB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
42B1528.jpg
1MB, 1200x1500px
How to style jacket in pic related?
I impulse bought it a year ago for 300 yoyos and I sort of regret it. This is the only photo of it I could find online. It's supposed to be really high quality leather (second skin uk is the company).

Bonus round
>most of my wardrobe is black because I can't colour coordinate
>black and brown dont go (?)
>>
>>10963765
I think it would look really good with a 70s Sissy Spacek vibe. Camel skirt and cream button-down silk shirt. Or black skinnies and chambray shirt. Or a dark denim dress like the AC for AG one that debuted a few season ago.

Also, the brown/black myth is established bullshit. As long as they are very clearly different colours (i.e. you didn't get dressed in the dark and mistook it for black) it's all good. Same goes for navy and black.

Also, never, ever wear it zipped (unless it's so cold outside you can't bear it)
>>
>>10963765
>>10963765
>yoyos
I'm stealing that
also
>300
Can't be that good, looks slightly better than a basic bitch mall fashion jacket. >All those seams
Faded brown gives off strong heritage vibes so it's pretty much impossible to mix with black.
>>
>>10963778
Can you show me any good black/brown combos? Black jeans don't count because they're usually just dark grey.
>>
File: vanessa.jpg (22KB, 332x483px) Image search: [Google]
vanessa.jpg
22KB, 332x483px
My baby (from Danier, which is so Canadian, but you wouldn't guess)

>>10963788
I think you can do it if you keep the black layers skintight and slightly retro-ish. It would be less successful if she were to take it super seriously and try to style it like techwear.
>>
File: 23857C13.jpg (16KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
23857C13.jpg
16KB, 390x390px
>>10963800
Search "brown leather jacket" on Pinterest and you'll get some good ideas (minus the done-to-death Breton shirts)
>>
>>10959727
>buying non-LEB/BBS leather jackets
kek
>>
you buy leather jackets at a store not online
>>
>>10963813
LEB/BBS?
>>
>>10962404
faggot
>>
>>10964120
calm down nerd do i just size down or will it be too tight lmao
>>
>>10964141
ur fuckin mad af m8

who shit in your cornflakes you little pasty cuck
>>
>>10959727

I bought a medium. still too big and had to soak it and dry it.

in b4 /fa/ cries
>>
>>10964159
just answer nerd lmao size down or lmao
>>
>>10964171
do i size down tho

cmon lol
>>
>>10964164
what's ur height and weight
>>
>>10964179
normally a 38 in suit jackets lmao will it be too tight if i size down?
>>
>>10964179
6 foot. 175lbs

I had to soak it and hang it up. it shrunk just nicely.
>>
>>10964188
what a trol!!

ahahaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>10964195
you got the medium off of poorhomme?
>>
>>10964201
dont use my word
>>
>>10964201
no . just a medium leather jacket in general
>>
>>10964202
make me stop you fuckin dork lmao
>>
i just bought a blk leather jacket 5 in a medium.

I measured myself and was a large in chest and shoulders but i read the sleeves and length of the jacket was pretty long. The M fits really well after I broke it in.
>>
>>10964206
calm down nerd lmao
>>
>>10964238
i could keep you pissing urself in this thread for 3 days if i wanted to XD

went with a size 38 btw
>>
>>10964213
same when I broke your mom in
>>
>>10964240
should've sized down XD
>>
File: alexturner.jpg (35KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
alexturner.jpg
35KB, 500x647px
obligatory
>>
File: kate-moss-balmain.jpg (148KB, 480x709px) Image search: [Google]
kate-moss-balmain.jpg
148KB, 480x709px
K A T E

A

T

E
>>
I want to cop a Schott cafe racer. Can someone link me to the popular slim fit one I should get? There's tons of models and I don't know which one I should get.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.