[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ doesn't know shit about formal wear, do they? I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: vDvG5VX.jpg (93KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
vDvG5VX.jpg
93KB, 427x640px
/fa/ doesn't know shit about formal wear, do they?

I need to get a good first suit but am hesitant to ask here because /fa/ board culture is hypebeast fag shit.
>>
>>10924561
Navy suits are nice, if they dont fit well take them to a taylor, helps a lot.

If you're tall and slender, a slim fit black so,ple suit will do wonders to your image (unless you're literally ugly face wise) and a nice tie to complement the suit, a slim one as well, those are trendy for a while now, like a blue one or so, but dont cheap out and buy those with clips or whatever, go to an actually store that sells ties and ask for opinions and advice, they'll usually even help you decide based on the suit you bought.
For shoes, a simple yet rounded shoe or a pointy one is enough for a suit, doesn't need to be 2000000000000 dollars shoes, just some regular cheap crap is good enough really. Even if they wear off quickly, so what, they're cheap.

May I ask what you want the suit for?
>>
>>10924590
Just need a good all-around suit for job interviews, formal events, conferences, etc...

I'm a manlet (5'10), and basically have an SLP silhouette, I'm a skeltal.

I've been told charcoal is the best starter for if you're going to have a one-size-fits-all suit, and that it's better than navy if you have an incredibly pale complexion? I'm ghost white with very light hair/blue eyes.

I'm so think that I've resigned I'll need to get a custom tailored suit, but I don't want to walk in to a tailor for a fitting with no idea about fits and cuts.
>>
>>10924598
>I'm a manlet (5'10), and basically have an SLP silhouette, I'm a skeltal.

So you're basically just a really small guy?
>>
>>10924598
I'm so thin*

I'm trying to keep a budget of around 1,000$. I basically just need to know what to ask about/recommend to a tailor beyond slim lappel's.

>>10924604
Basically my silhouette is this without as narrow shoulders. I weigh 130lbs at most.
>>
>>10924598
A blue navy suit would do wonders with your blue eyes then anon. Plus it's really friendly for job interviews. Im not a great addept of charcoal myself but hey, just different tastes.

And like, dont be afraid of knowing nothing about cuts, it's the taylors job to measure you, measure you in the suit and see how it looks best while you give permition looking in the mirror.
>>
>>10924561
>>10924598
>>10924608

suits are so fucking simple it's literally like asking about a black t shirt. Go to a store and try some on you absolute fag.
>>
>>10924617
They don't even make jackets in a size small enough off-the-rack at any typical men's formal store for me to try on or I would, shitter.
>>
>>10924617
>>
>>10924617
>t. 12-year old wearing Yeezy's
>>
>>10924618
Wtf, how thin are you? Shoulder and chest measures, please
>>
If it's for interviews depending on where you're going a slim suit might be a pretty bad idea.

Boomers are still doing a lot of the interviewing in this world and they aren't particularly big fans of that look. You can end up losing any chance at the job just because the guy interviewing automatically labelled you as a fag. Stay conservative.
>>
>>10924561
that is not formal wear

A broader tie, plus a suit that wasnt bought at H&M and it could work though.
>>
>>10924618
Yes, they do. Go to any well-assorted clothing store and they will hook you up.
>>
>>10924728
It was just a google result for slim suit, family, I didn't really post it as inspo
>>
>>10924561
inb4 2 paragraph long bateman post
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.