[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ in your opinion, how much is TOO MUCH when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: i wishss.png (174KB, 1496x1368px) Image search: [Google]
i wishss.png
174KB, 1496x1368px
hey /fit/

in your opinion, how much is TOO MUCH when it comes to buying /fa/ clothes? do people treat you weird/snark at you if you tell them how much you paid for something?

when people get weirded out by someone (like me) buying a 150-200€ shirt/sweater I always draw a comparison between things like technology, in this case a smartphone:

>both can surf the internet
>both can message people
>both can call people
>both can take pics and video
>both have a touchscreen

>samsung galaxy J1 = 90€
>samsung galaxy s6 = 600€
that's a 6x increase and people don't bat an eye. they understand that parts and materials cost more, but don't understand it when it comes to clothes.

when people hear that someone might pay 200€ for a shirt that was made in sweden they think it's a waste of money. not realizing the fact that the cloth was designed and made by people who earn a livable wage.

however, there are brands that actually might be asking for money just for the sake of increasing brand value. what is your personal cutoff for certain categories of clothes where you say "yeah i'm never gonna buy that shit for that price"?

sorry for a jumbled post. i'm writing this as im trying to leave for work and i'd like to read some answers on the way to/from work
>>
>>10924272

what is the 200€ shirt made in Sweden
>>
600e smartphone will be also x times better than 90e
200e tshirt has not much to improve in comparison with 30e, there is not much space to add real value
also no development behind that which would push to cost up, just some asian guy with huge nose or swedish cuckold pulling new designs out of their asses
>>
Someone needs to update that image

>nike yeezys
>hba
>pyrex
>>
>>10924272
As long as your shoes are the most expensive piece, and you aren't over/under dressed for the occasion, it's ok.
Just say no to designer labels for basic shit, you'll dress better.
>>
>>10924272
I wear hobocore/heritagecore/surpluscore so luckily I don't need a lot of money for it to look the part.
Although I'm inspired by runway designers I won't buy their labels, since most of the time their ideas are drawn from elsewhere anyway. So why pay that added value for the name on the label, if it's something that's already out there?
>>
>>10924315
>200e tshirt has not much to improve in comparison with 30e, there is not much space to add real value
just leave this board
>>
if you're paying more than what it would cost to have something of the same quality made yourself, it's too much
>>
>>10924310
i didn't buy it but this our legacy shirt: http://www.endclothing.com/us/brands/our-legacy/our-legacy-classic-shirt-1163csgcs.html

they have some other nice 1950s shirts that have a cool fit and cut.
>>
>>10924377
>>10924377

op here

i dropped 350€ on black yeezy 750s but my fall/spring jacket was 5€, thrifted.
>>
>>10925388
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.