[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this isn't an /fa/ related topic, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nnuau9LGkr1qas7fyo1_540.jpg (144KB, 537x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnuau9LGkr1qas7fyo1_540.jpg
144KB, 537x810px
I know this isn't an /fa/ related topic, but I don't know too many other places for brutally honest answers.

It's a pretty simple question: How do I stop daydreaming?
My problem with daydreaming is, that I take all of my goals and envision myself in situations where I clearly accomplished them. That goes for my career goal, my fitness goals and my education goals.

I literally spend time thinking about situations where I have finished a huge assignment for school shortly after I begin in the real world. So I stop working on it. I'm completely aware of the situation but I can't continue to work on it.

It's even more damaging because I think about things I want to say to people and then never tell them. This goes for endearing and critical things, to friends and family both.

I just hope someone here knows what I'm talking about and can help me find a way out of this.
>>
wear full rick
don't worry about nothing
>>
>>10920721
This sounds like a symptom of a personality disorder, maybe avoidant personality disorder. Go read up on it a little and see if it pertains to you, if this is the case then you could work past it or talk with a physician to help you. Also something like this should probably go on /adv/.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 477x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 477x594px
>>10920721
I know that feel, OP.

I always have perfect plans for my life and everything planned out, from clothing and work to even my showering routine. Then it kind of ends with me just walking around in shit clothing because I'm too lazy/scared to go and try things on, and ends with me stopping to do things I like after a while. I stopped lifting and reading and haven't done shit for over a year. I've been eating like crap and I look like skinnyfat teen with gyno.
>>
>>10920721

nothing really matters in the end anyway.
>>
I do the same thing, you aren't alone OP. Also since I was a kid I have worked on huge goals and projects that I never saw all the way through, essentially wasting hundreds of hours of time

>12 years old wanted to make a huge skate video with friends
>got most of the clips, didn't know how to edit good and gave up

>14ish, huge nerd wanted to try learning photoshop more so I made a minecraft texture pack
>spent hours on end making great textures and armor models
>never uploaded it anywhere

>17, wanted to make my own clothing brand
>designed tons of merch
>same fate

I could go on a lot longer, but ill spare myself. I can always imagine finishing the projects and what they'll look like, but I never actually do. It's like hell.

Sorry I have no answers for you though.
>>
>>10920820
I'll pay you for your clothing designs.
>>
I use to be the same, then I decided I didn't want to do that anymore so I started practising meditation. That was about a year and a half ago, now I don't have this problem anymore. Brain training is all you need, your mind is running a muck.
>>
>>10920825
Lol which type

I've been making stuff I never showed anyone for like 2 years, I've drawn cut&sewns, graphic tees, meme baseball caps, even some polos and random shit.

It's depressing.
>>
>>10920830
All of it. How much is it? I'll give you my email, if you can show me a few samples (2-3) we'll discuss the prices there.
>>
>>10920837
I'm not ready to give it ALL up, not all of my dreams are dead yet but I can pull some stuff out. Drop an email and I'll think about it tomorrow if you're srs
>>
>>10920851
Alright then. I'll pay for some simple designs if you don't want to give it all up and we can negotiate by email.

Email me at [email protected]
>>
>>10920721
Could it be that you daydream to escape the feeling of being inadequate to deal with everything that you think is expected from you? Because thats why I daydream when I'm under pressure. Similar to
>>10920826
it helped me to practice yoga. You need someone or something to get you out of your bubble and make you realize whats actually going on in your life right now, because you unable to see that anymore. Find something that ground you and confronts you with reality (in an at least partly positive way).
>>
>>10920820
Same for me, I started lots of projects and aborted all of them after 3 months of work. I regard it as a learning process, where the end result is not a product but a gain in experience. That way it doesn't feel bad. When actually having a final product is important I need other people to work with who need to pressure me into finishing my job (not explicitly, but I don't want to embarrass coworkers by letting a joint project fail). That works quite well.
>>
>>10921421
I will pick up meditation, going through some books etc. I know what's up and how to fix my shit, I need to get my head clear.
>>
>>10920721
im the exact same way. start projects pretty much every night and think of how great the result will be, but I don't bother with them the next day.

Whenever i bet on the lottery i can sit for hours and hours planning what i will spend the money on
>>
>>10920725
First post best post
>>
>>10920721
I daydream all day long.

I go to a state school part time and work full time at a shit job but it has decent pay.

all I think about is what it would be like to have a solid group of friends. I've even created names/faces for them all. they would be very effay and the girl to guy ratio would be equal.

then when Im not in my imaginary friends fantasy land I day dream of being in a band

then I daydream about my ex fwb texting me back since a month ago and me rejecting them

kek.

and when I'm not being that pathetic I usually day dream about completeing my degree and walking across the stage with my dad and brother in the stands (I'm 2 years behind I should have graduated this year actually and feel really shit about it seeing all my friends graduate on time, im a failure)

anyways, I also daydream about moving into my first apartment which might be very soon actually.

I love day dreaming about how I'm going to decorate it. very exciting.

my life is very empty and I only have 1 friend lol
>>
>>10920721
Idealization of your future is a good thing and not a bad habit at all.

That said, act on it, don't just fantasize while eating pizza and jerking off in a basement or something.
>>
>>10923266
Checked. And you're right, I probably just need to stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>10923266
Actually it must not be a good thing:
www psypost org/2016/01/positive-fantasies-about-the-future-predict-symptoms-of-depression-40583
>>
>>10923249
oh my god, this
last year I actually moved to my parents old apt and now I'm always thinking how I could decorate it
but the worst is daydreaming about success at school and career, it makes me melancholic and sad and totally not in the mood to work and get shit done
and while at school I daydream about friends... it kills me
>>
>>10924281
>>10923249
>>10920721
>>10920805

Not trying to diagnose anyone but I know how shitty it felt for having this for so long and not knowing if it was even a legit problem. Anyway, you might have maladaptive daydreaming disorder. I've been going through this for years and i want to talk to someone about it so it can get fixed and i finally know how to manage my time and mind so i can get shit done but I never do. You should talk to someone about it. I heard they can put you on anti-depressants to help you but its a rather new illness so you might or might not get the help you need.
>>
>>10925211
I think I might have depression...
>>
lmao I can relate to this all too well. I noticed that it has gotten better since I started antidepressants but I stopped taking them this past week and a half and im back to that same mindset. Quite honestly, its terrible. Its like a feeling of gradually drowning in your own thoughts to a point you start becoming disconnected.

I recommend you socialize more. That has helped me get out of my head and has in general made me happier.
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>10923249
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.