[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be fashionable but I also want to be myself. the problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I want to be fashionable but I also want to be myself. the problem is I don't know what 'myself' is. what is /fa/'s philosophy on clothing? if I wear what I want to wear and people say it isn't fashionable, I no longer want to wear it, but if I wear what is fashionable, I realise that it doesn't suit the style I'm going for. I'm so confused.

pic unrelated
>>
what style are you going for
>>
If you're confused about your style and you're quick to wear things that define "yourself", chances are you already look like shit, no offense.

If you want to imitate a style or improve your current look, lurk and use inspo to get to where you want to be. Above all else, clothes that fit will look and feel better than expensive brands or edgy concepts.

Where do you want to end up? Who do you want to look like?
>>
>>10917718
I usually wear skinny jeans, and a button up shirt, long sleeved and rolled up, untucked. my clothes are fashionable enough in terms of the place I live, but it just isnt me. are there any places I can go for good inspiration that you know of?
>>
>>10917724
Inspo thread here are kind of a dime a dozen and usually filled with the same shit. I'm not following "but it just isnt me" portion of what you're saying, do you have any examples of what you'd change from what you're wearing now?
>>
File: CLsTbDSUsAA-maQ.jpg (44KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
CLsTbDSUsAA-maQ.jpg
44KB, 600x578px
>>10917730
well I wear these business shirts, and they look nice, but they all look kinda gay, like little flowers and shit. I listen to rap music like it just doesn't suit. I have a letterman jacket that I wear over top in winter which is more my style. people in my country dont associate letterman jackets with sports or anything, by the way. just when it isnt hot I need something that isnt gay as shit. The problem is that the new 'fashion' is this japanese shit like in the picture. I dont know what it's called but it looks exactly like this. like I dont want to be 'fashionable' anymore, so im really just trying to find my own style.
>>
Expand on your own eccentricity until you cringe, then take a step back, or two steps to be safe
>>
>>10917934
Oh and no matter how you dress, SOMEONE will talk shit, give less fucks but keep your autism in check
>>
>>10917708

You have to experiment and find out what you like. You can think of it like any other development. You find out the basics so you don't look like shit and then you can specialize.

Do you like goofy old patterns? Do you like corduroy pants more than jeans? Do you like pale colors or bold dark ones? Are you willing to go against the grain and break rules to stand out?

Just experiment nigga. It's not so hard and you'll feel comfortable doing it soon enough. Take a lot of what you hear on this board with a grain of salt because it's generally made up of edgy 19 year olds that are just looking for a fad to hop onto.
>>
File: 20150928_082518(1).jpg (702KB, 750x1333px) Image search: [Google]
20150928_082518(1).jpg
702KB, 750x1333px
Or you could be the bigger guy and not give a shit
>>
>>10917724
Try using color palettes to express yourself first. That's what I did and I now have a wide variety of basic/semi nice items to work with.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.