[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sites like /fa/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1453621919217.jpg (68KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1453621919217.jpg
68KB, 500x599px
Where do you get your input regarding fashion?

Mfa sucks and /fa/ isnt a real help either. I only browse /fa/ and tumblr, are there any magazines or other sites that are worth checking out?

Where do you get your inspiration from?
>>
>>10904794
I can't really rec magazines, but I got a quite some mags for free from stores I usually shop at. Often have some neat inspo. Furthermore I browse pinterest and follow some dudes I dig on instagram. Also, my city has a couple of dudes who dress well.
>>
>>10904841
Pinterest isnt really my thing, tumblr is my main source for inspo. Just thought there may be sites i didnt know or think about.
Thanks for the other advice tho
>>
vogue.com is godlike for following runway
>>
>>10904794
I've heard care-tags recommended, but I was never able to understand it

/fa/ is a very poor place to learn, in fact it's shit all around
I don't know why I even come here anymore
>>
>>10904794
Who dis hoe in pic
>>
>>10904794
/r/streetwear
>>
File: tumblr_l6cc1evOp81qcf95qo1_400.jpg (48KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6cc1evOp81qcf95qo1_400.jpg
48KB, 250x375px
>>10906285
>care-tags

worse than /fa/ desu

I've been here for a few years, and I don't come here often.

I think the actual problematic is not /fa/, but that 'just' consuming fashion can never be truly satisfying. Look at /fit/ - they actually lift weights, do workouts, take supplements, like real athletes. Or /sci/ - they study, do their experiments, even publish papers, like real scientists. Same goes for /tg/, /ck/, or many other boards.

Now look at /fa/. All we do is buy stuff and post it. We're just as bad as comic-book collectors. My black CPs look the same as yours.

Then there are those who say that our demographic is the problem, and a more mature audience would be the solution. Yes, it would elevate the content, lower shitposting, and produce more eloquent comments. But our problem still remains - all we can really obsess about are details in the newest collections, meaningless details that are good or bad solely in opinion. Ultimately the Dior Homme Spring Summer 2016 runway shows are just the 90th installment of a movie-series that comes out twice a year - who wants to watch that? Fashion is a drag.
>>
>>10904794
styleforum has some good discussion in their brand threads (e.g. Yohji and Geller) and a lot of their top posters in the WAYWT style their clothes pretty well
>>
all fashion forums are shit. at least /fa/ knows its shit
>>
>>10906362

I think I get what you're getting at.

>I think the actual problematic is not /fa/, but that 'just' consuming fashion can never be truly satisfying. Look at /fit/ - they actually lift weights, do workouts, take supplements, like real athletes. Or /sci/ - they study, do their experiments, even publish papers, like real scientists. Same goes for /tg/, /ck/, or many other boards.

>Now look at /fa/. All we do is buy stuff and post it.

The "active" part of fashion would involve discussing the history and inspiration behind a garment, along with discussing themes and creating outfits where the individual pieces come together in an creative way. /fa/ isn't very creative nor does it encourage that creativity.

>Fashion is a drag

I think you're just disappointed that not enough people take it as seriously as you would like. Unfortunately, fashion happens to be marketable in a way that produces instant gratification "buy more stuff".

You can't do that with the other interests you mentioned.
>>
>>10906342
svitabely
>>
Some dude who dresses like a 7th grader single handedly killed the 2016 superfuture waywt with his "siq bantz" and like 10 posts per page
>>
>>10906393
Mm ty, thought she was Caucasian tho, no I'm uninterested
>>
File: Margiela4tape5.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Margiela4tape5.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>10906386
The active part of fashion would be making your own garments. Or going to your tailor and ordering a garment - oh wait, nobody does that anymore. Want a custom made garment? Better pay some ridiculous price.

The commercialization of fashion has killed off all the tailors, cobblers, artisans. Now not only that, it has killed off the art. Nobody can produce 2 good collections a year, it's impossible. So instead we get watered down bullshit, over and over again.

Once you have spent enough time on /fa/ and learned how to dress well and look good there are only two ways to go - learn to make your own clothes or study design, or find another hobby. There is no deliverance at the bottom of your wallet.
>>
>>10906362
i see fashion in a different way.

i don't follow runways or anything like that. i believe that fashion is about projecting an aura and an atmosphere of yourself to other people. an extension of one's personality, or even the re-design of one's personality (in a superficial way). via clothing you can tell people what you want them to think of you, without having to approach everybody in the street/at a party/whatever. the style of clothing you choose to dress in, as well as haircut etc says a lot about a person. it can identify which demographic you are involved in, your lifestyle, socioeconomic class etc.

in this way fashion is endlessly interesting. you don't have to follow runways and chatter about new collabs in order to explore new looks and create new ones and make them your own. there's enough clothing out there already, and according to how its viewed in your culture as well as how it looks, the possibilities are endless and you have at your fingertips a means of portraying to others a very complex message about your personality and worldview without uttering a single word...IF you are perceptive and creative enough to do it properly (which /fa/ is not now and has never been, which is why i consider this board useless outside of w2c and general inspo threads).
>>
>>10906753
Right. So let's say you've found your own style, and you've bought clothing for every mood you might want to project. So what now?

You see, that's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>10906793
in that case yeah i can totally understand why that might get boring for you. but i ask you - do you know anyone with an interest in fashion whose aesthetic didn't change over time? plus, its a good thing to be able to put on your clothes and know that you are looking your absolute best every day and it is satisfying to see people recognize that as well (fashion is self involved in this way but it still feels good). its similar to a guy being muscular like chris hemsworth or a girl being blessed with striking good looks - all of these things, including genuinely good fashion, are very unique and rare to see and leave an impression. chances are if someone is 10/10 pretty you'll think very highly of them, if someone has a kind of circus strongman muscularity about them you'll perceive them in a very unique way and if someone has a great fashion sense (legitimately great not the newest YSL or something) it will leave a lasting impression as well, and i find that kind of thing to be a great tool as well as being a sort of fun challenge. so yeah, i don't find it boring; maybe you do and that's completely fine.
>>
>>10906437
>svitabely
she's russian pleb
>>
>>10906362
>Now look at /fa/. All we do is buy stuff and post it. We're just as bad as comic-book collectors. My black CPs look the same as yours.

Some truth in there. What makes it even more embarrassing is how cocky people here can be with their cops etc.
>>
>>10906824
>whose aesthetic didn't change over time?

But in what direction do you change your aesthetic if you don't watch fashion shows? Do you just jump onto another workwear/paleware/lunarcore trend, and how does that fit with the "individuality" you praised in your last post?

I agree on the social benefits of dressing well, but you don't need fashion for that.
>>
>>10906892
well thing is, i don't jump onto trends like that and i consider that kind of fashion to be bottom-rung type stuff, like one direction or the avengers. just because other people are doing it doesn't mean i like it so i definitely would find that boring as there is no originality in there and really, all the creativity and thinking has already been done for you. but i do change my style, yes. and no i don't really consciously decide to go one way or another, i kind of just adapt according to what i find interesting at that time, how my lifestyle is at that moment and of course as i age i have to change my style as well. 20 year old me couldn't wear stuff i wear now (i'm 26). its not a choice to me its more of just a fluid thing. i sound like a class A wanker for saying that but yeah that's how it is for me.
>>
>>10906946
Now here's the thing: If you go shopping anywhere in the world, you will end up buying trends. Most brands only make trend clothing. "Timeless menswear" is a trend too.

The only way to buy something that is out of the box, that is new and interesting, is to buy "high-fashion brands".
>>
seriously, are there any fashion forums worth going to?

I've been a sufu user since '08 and it has been dead for so long

can't vibe with sf, and I don't wear rick anymore so sz is not really in my interest (other than guidi)

fa is too childish and young for me desu

caretags is just a bunch of faggots

hate fb and instagram

miss old sufu; nice balance between fashun and shit posting
>>
>>10906437
As a white man, you'd most likely have no chance
>>
>>10907656
>implying russians are into niggers
they're really not
>>
>>10904794
Google
>>
>>10904794
the hood
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.