[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come everyone was more /fa/ in the 80s and 90s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1453443282110.jpg (256KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
1453443282110.jpg
256KB, 1160x629px
How come everyone was more /fa/ in the 80s and 90s?
>>
the internet wasn't around
>>
The Don is the God Emperor of Mankind
>>
>>10896656
Its relative. People in the 80s loved the 50's aesthetic and people in the 2040s will love the 2010s.
>>
you're delusional
>>
>>10896676

yep. but, of course, there are always some people who don't fit into these generalizations. there's a ton of people who like 30s, people who like 40s, 50s, 60s, etc.
>>
>>10896664
this
>>
File: IMG_3970.jpg (141KB, 1542x1017px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3970.jpg
141KB, 1542x1017px
>>10896656
It's not just nostalgia/rose tinted glasses - you're right.

There was a thread a while back comparing senior school photos from like 1975 to 2005 - and around 99/00 there is a very distinct shift in fashion consciousness. It's not just that trends changed - its that people stopped giving a fuck, apparently.

My theory is due to clothes becoming much much cheaper to produce around that time with the push to produce clothing overseas. Therefore clothing became mass produced and more cheaply made - resulting in shittier clothes. People went from a smaller wardrobe of nicer, well fitting, unique stuff to a larger wardrobe of cheap, poorly fitted, mass produced items.

People used to put effort into their outfits, now people just wear the first thing they find in the bargain bin.

Also its interesting to note that while the West has grown more tolerant of LGBTQ people in the past decade or two, on a cultural level we've only become more conservative. Can you imagine someone like Boy George being popular today... Prince?

TLDR: Sweatshops
>>
File: 1433889140190.jpg (63KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1433889140190.jpg
63KB, 720x540px
>>10897812
Didn't finish my last point lel.
My point was that there's been stigmatising of fashion especially amongst men - to put effort into an outfit is seen as faggy. Though this has definitely changed in the past few years with the merging of high-fashion and street culture.
>>
>>10897812
I wonder how the demographic of white people dissapeared

like where did all the white people go??

it just seems as all of the sudden the white schools are now filled with mexicans and blacks
>>
>>10899107
couldn't agree more.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.