[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I've been saving my money up. I have about 30k. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: HUGO.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
HUGO.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
Hi.

I've been saving my money up. I have about 30k. I'm tall and I have been lifting for 2 years now.

I never really bought clothes and the clothes I have are just jeans, sneakers, hoodies or flannel.

I've never been good at dressing myself.

I see that hugo boss and other big name brands sell entire sets of clothing for 2000 or 4000 dollars. Ranging from suits to casual attire. Is it worth it? I mean this is much easier for me, because the big name brand chose the matching pants, shoes, shirt, etc.

It'd be really difficult for me to look good by buying stuff myself unless someone did it for me. I know some people buy thrift stuff here, but how do u know it doesn't have piss on it or bed bugs or something?

I really would like to save my money too, I think. Because I don't know what the quality of those big name brands even are, do they stain or tear easily. If I sweat in them are they ruined forever.

Then I possibly could never afford designer stuff because I'm not a millionaire.

But I have always envied film stars, models or even hipsters I've met in real life with the clothing they had. They're all very well dressed. Probably because movie stars have tailors custom making it for them.

Which brings me to another point is it best to get my stuff tailored? How do I know it's matching and /fa/ approved.

Please help
>>
File: holiday-companies_416x416.jpg (39KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
holiday-companies_416x416.jpg
39KB, 416x416px
$30k? Do not just buy a lot of designer clothes to burn through all of your money.

If you want to dress like a professional you also need to have professional hygiene. Get this stuff figured out before getting clothes.

# Dental Hygiene (twice a day)

- Floss teeth.
- Scrape tongue using tongue scraper.
- Disinfect tongue scraper in cup of mouthwash.
- Brush teeth (use toothpaste that uses sodium fluoride instead of stannous fluoride. Colgate is good).
- Disinfect toothbrush in cup of mouthwash.
- Rinse mouth using mouthwash.
- Rinse mouth using fluoride wash (once done with this step avoid eating or drinking water for an hour).

# Skincare (once or twice a day depending on how sensitive your skin is)

- In shower:
- Clean hair using fingers and water.
- Shampoo hair (only if needed). Get a good shampoo none of that shitty all-in-one crap.
- Condition hair. You can use 100% jojoba oil for this.
- Cleanse body. Cetaphil is good for this.
- After shower:
- Moisturize whole body using 100% jojoba oil.
- Apply a good sunscreen (one that does not block pores and blocks sun very well such as Blue Lizard's Facial Sunscreen) to any body parts that will be exposed to the sun (even your ears).
>>
File: calisthenics-routine.jpg (868KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
calisthenics-routine.jpg
868KB, 1562x4158px
>>10847739

# Additional

Keep both your toenails and finger nails clipped and looking proper. Make sure that they are clean too. Do not let your lips get chapped, clean your ears properly (soak them with hydrogen peroxide. DO NOT use Q-tips, they can rupture your ear drum).

Have a good diet. Calculate your TDEE (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html) and have that be your caloric intake limit for the day (unless you are trying to lose weight where you should subtract 500 or gain weight wear your add 500). Get your daily caloric intake from around:

- 30% protein sources (chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, egg whites).
- 30% fat sources (almonds, greek yogurt, peanuts).
- 30% carbohydrate sources (oats, black/brown rice, whole-wheat bread).
- 10% micronutrient sources (combination of brocolli, chia seeds (fiber), carrots (natural tan), cabbage (red for more nutrients)).
- 3.5--4 litres of water a day.

A good diet is essential to looking nice, trust me.

Also follow the exercise routine in pic related. It is easy to follow and does not require you to go to a gym. On the days that you do not do pic related jumprope and progress up to 1 hour straight of jumpropeing.

Will discuss clothes next.
>>
>>10847743

# Clothes

## Shoes

- Two pairs of brown dress shoes.
- Two pairs of black dress shoes.
- Two/one pair of brown boots.
- Two/one pair of black boots.
- Sneakers for exercising and other activites.

## Socks

Go basic here. You can try patterns if you want to (if it fits the look you are going for).

## Pants

Get good dress pants, get a variety of different colors and textures that you think look good.

Also get like two pairs of jeans and a pair of sweatpants or two.

## Belts

- Two pairs black.
- Two pairs brown.

## Shirts

Same as pants, get ones that go well with your pants and look nice.

## Ties

Make them go good with your shirts.

## Coats

Get ones that go well/match your pants.

## Gloves

Same as belts.

---

Basically, buy clothes that you can mix and match. Make sure they fit you, you have enough money for a tailor to be sure of this. Also, if you are going to bulk up/slim down I would wait before buying clothes. You do not want clothes that you will outgrow in half a year.
>>
>>10847739
>recommending the clearly inferior sodium fluoride over stannous
you know the only reason sodium fluoride became the norm is because it's cheaper to produce, right?
>>
>>10847768
honestly if you want to fight i am all fucking for it you ball-gargling faggot piece of shit

meet me on top of the flagpole
>>
>>10847692
You're tall, and you lift. Do NOT follow the shit trend of wearing clothes that are too small for you. Jackets should at least cover your bum, maybe 1-2 inches longer than that. You can get away with a soft, unstructured (or semi-structured) look, but don't make things too tight. Full range of motion is ESSENTIAL - if you rip your shirt while flexing to lift a car out of the way then you should have bought a shirt with a better sleeve angle in the first place.

For jackets, 3-button style or double-breasted is better for your height. Get lapels that are halfway to your shoulders - the slim lapel trend is dead, and it's disproportionate to your body anyway.
>>
>>10847739
OP HERE

It seems like I do all that except

CLEANSE BODY with cetaphil

Mosturize with jojoba oil

Disinfect with moutwash, rinse with mouthwash and fluoride wash
>>
>>10847743
How do I soak ear with hydrogen peroxide?

Hmmm this is a exactly what I needed. Thanks for the DIET this is amazing.

>>10847758
>>10847794
Will buy what u mentioned. Thanks for the advice guys. This stuff is really amazing
>>
>>10847692
Dont waste money on clothes with a name brand. minimal is the best. plain colored t shirts, couple pairs of jeans blue and black, and a few plain colored shirts. no point in buying a full suit unless you actually have to regularly have to dress as such. Shoes a pair of black dress shoes and belt to match, a pair of sneakers with a good silhouette like adidas ultra boost again plain color darker the better a pair of white sneakers, and a casual shoe to beat up like some vans or something.
>>
File: ab20892b8b.jpg (91KB, 569x690px) Image search: [Google]
ab20892b8b.jpg
91KB, 569x690px
>>10847811
MORE ADVICE: For dress shirts, stick to light colors and simple textures or stripes - no wild patterns and no dark or satin shirts. Avoid polyester, it stinks when sweat is applied and feels nasty on the skin. For casual shirts that aren't worn with a tie you can do whatever you feel like - short length shirts are for leaving untucked but medium or long length shirts are for tucking in. Don't ever bother with short-sleeve shirts - you should be rolling your sleeves up on a long sleeve shirt to get double utility out of it. Almost anything by Brooks Brothers is a good bet, but prioritize finding a good fit first.
>>
>>10847835
>>10847828
thank you
>>
>>10847835
>100% american
>made in malaysia
>>
invest that money son
>>
>>10848173
American cotton you dense motherfucker
>>
>>10847739
>>10847743
>>10847758
t. GQ
>>
>>10847828
fuck off reddit, this is literally the worst advice you will find on here
dont do this unless you want to look like a teenager
>>
>>10847692
>I've been saving my money up. I have about 30k.
Dont make the poor people mistake of thinking you have a lot of money and can finally spend big money on shit you dont need! Stick with
>I really would like to save my money too,

That said, assuming you have an income too, besides your saved amount, you certainly can (and should?!) invest in quality clothing.

But just buying a 2-4k set from Boss is probably not the way to go. Sure, it will certainly look better than a $20-40 set from wall mart, but if you dont know what you are doing, it will still be a waste of money.

also, going from
>I never really bought clothes and the clothes I have are just jeans, sneakers, hoodies or flannel.
to wearing a suit/dadcore in one, mult-k-$ step is certainly going to fail. Do you actually NEED to wear a suit?

How old are you?
What are you doing?

for starters, stuff that is almost always improving your look I'd reccomend are proper shoes, well fitting, non-faded, dark blue jeans, merino sweaters and dress shirts.
>>
>>10847739
>>10847743
>>10847758
All of this but you should also go to a barber to get a good haircuit. You can then style it so it looks good using pomade, poo, gel, or an assortment of other styling products (depending on the look you are going for, pomade will probably do you fine).
>>
>>10848233
mcdonalds
>>
>>10849680
Don't buy suits then stick to other memes on the board. Other guys advice would be great if you had a proper job.
>>
>>10847835
>no dark shirts
why not? a midnight blue shirt in oxford weave can be really nice.
>>
>>10849680
you've got 30k in savings by 21 by working at mcdonalds?
>>
>>10849866
i stand corrected, you were talking about dress shirts... aight.
>>
>>10847692
you don't need 4 fucking pairs of belts like the one guy recommended.
>>
Invest the most in shoes, pants, and outerwear. You can get away with cheaper shirts and sweaters.
>>
>>10849915
I still live at home and I never spent a penny

Because I don't buy anything, or buy food or pay rent
>>
Lurk, look, identify what style you like. Then buy cheap, because it often takes a bit of getting to know yourself and what you like, before anything starts looking good. So don't waste money on clothes that you might not like after 6 months. Everyone goes through this phase.

After you are comfortable with a style that you've cultivated, then you can look at spending more, which in turn will look better.
>>
>>10850021
why are you trying to be effay when you work at mcdonalds? go to college or do something with your life idk
>>
>>10847743
This is good advice. A couple of things I can add is: always rest plenty after you work out, try to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Jog/run/spend time outdoors - fresh air will do wonders for your skin.
>>
>>10850021
OP move out, or get your life in order somehow. Start the next chapter in your life. 30k is a lot of money, you should do more with it than buy clothes.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.