[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veganism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: Vigan.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Vigan.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Are there many vegans browsing /fa/? I've been trying to live a vegan lifestyle for a couple of months now and a plant based diet isn't a problem for me. The problem for me is to cut out all the clothes and skincare products for a more ethical option. If I have understood correctly most of the designers /fa/ follows religiously use animal products in their clothing. Is it hypocritical to avoid animal products in your diet, but still use leather products etc? I'm still reducing the amount of suffering I cause to animals by not eating them.

>Is veganism effay?
>>
>>10844641
god i hate i hate this faggot
>>
>>10844641
if you really care that much to exclude leather and wool from your wardrobe, you should consider all the other animal-based proucts you consume every-day. The leather used for luxury designer fashion is a far step up from zara tier animal gulag leather.

>also i hate this fucking piccolo looking manlet
>>
File: sure.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
sure.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>10844641
>I'm still reducing the amount of suffering I cause to animals by not eating them
You probably aren't famalamadingdong.
What's worse is avoiding leather only to end up buying shoes with little Chinese fingerprints on them, or with rubber soles straight out of a plantation in the Amazon. So please PLEASE don't force veganism on yourself only to feel ethically/morally superior
>>
>>10844641
Vegan here. It sure is hypocritical, but as you said, still better than wearing skin AND eating flesh, just like vegetarianism and veganism - veganism cuts off the rest suffering you're responsible for as a vegetarian. It isn't that of a problem to find leather-free clothing, you just need to be observant.
>>
>>10844673
this pic is bullshit, veganism is about reducing the harm as much as you can, not absolutely cause it's just too hard for individuals in modern society
>>
>>10844683
I actually agree with that. My problem with veganism is the supposed moral highground. Nobody argues against being vagan if you dont bully other people into it.
>>10844674
As this anon said. i much rather buy quality leather from Italian cows than mall-shit-leather with the blood of chink kids on it.
>>
>>10844717
>My problem with veganism is the supposed moral highground. Nobody argues against being vagan if you dont bully other people into it.
I've been a vegetarian for 7 years and never talked about it unless people have asked. People who force their beliefs to others are usually city hipster hippies, who I hate with passion
>>
Anything to reduce overall suffering is good. I've been vegetarian for 6 years, cut out milk a year ago, and went full vegan about 6 months ago. I'm in the process of changing out all of the animal product based pieces in my wardrobe. The hardest part is belts and dress shoes. Don't give up anon, thank you for doing what you can : )
>>
File: tumblr_nsxpwk4EVG1t95h1uo1_500.jpg (22KB, 472x495px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsxpwk4EVG1t95h1uo1_500.jpg
22KB, 472x495px
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>10844673
>vegan gains
>manlet

u wot
>>
>>10844673
Someone trying to reduce their impact on the environment and limit their consumption of animals products is still doing more than someone who isn't.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>10844809
>Superiority complex: activated
Enjoy indirectly harvesting half of Borneo for soy plantations
>>
>>10844815
I'm not a vegan tho senpai, just had chicken and rice for lunch.
>>
>>10844824
Wow great job supporting the bioindustry you monster
>>
>>10844829
ty hunnybunch
>>
I'm a vegan and I wear leather.
>>
>>10844842
then you should probably kill yourself bro
>>
the most important thing is to perpetuate the stereotype that vegans define themselves by something which isn't a part of their lifestyle and mention it constantly
>>
>>10844815
what do you think animals eat? meat industry uses most of the soy produced
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 640x1136px
I'be been vegan for a year and yes, it is hypocritical to adorn animal flesh in your daily wear. This extends to wool, silk, and other animal products because not only are they subsequent to animal exploitation, they often, especially in the case of wool, leave the animals from which they were taken terribly mutated. I was a vegetarian two years for going vegan some I'm not calling you a bad person for not being 100% vegan yet, but please further educate yourself (seriously not trying to sound condescending here) on how barbaric animal agriculture and its related industries really are. Thank you for being such a compassionate person even when everyone will continue to ridicule you because they themselves aren't capable of such a strong degree empathy. You're one of the good anons :)
>>
>>10844842
>I'm a vegan
>Oh yeah I ugh w-wear leather
Logical fallacy, not vegan
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 1024x436px
Oh yeah and also, it's certainly not /fa/ by any stretch of the imagination. However, most worthwhile things aren't.
>>
>>10844769
That's retarded. If you already own the clothing just wear it. By throwing it out the animals are dying in even /more/ vain than initially because their leather will have gone totally to waste.
>>
>>10845013
Some people don't feel comfortable wearing animal flesh. I do agree that one shouldn't throw these items in the garbage, however a better alternative would be to donate them.
>>
>>10845013
Thats the general thought, use the leather/etc products you have owned prior to being vegan til they are worn out, then purchase vegan alternatives.

Wearing animal products can sometimes be met with criticism or seen as hypocritical though, but what I judt said is usually the explanation I give
>>
>>10845226

Also, this guy >>10844683 is correct. Being vegan is about reducing your impact as much as possible, because simply existing comes at a cost. Food is the usually the first and easiest way to make a change. At least this ibthe way more moderate (see: not assholes) vegans think. Some of the!militant vegans have an 'us or them and fuck them' mentality, which really puts nonvegans off of the lifestyle.

My 2 cents
>>
File: kara.jpg (59KB, 532x742px) Image search: [Google]
kara.jpg
59KB, 532x742px
>>10844983
I've watched a lot of videos about veganism and the actions that are necessary to produce leather, silk, wool etc. Gary Yourofsky gave a lot of insight on the subject with his speeches and Earthlings made me really feel bad about meat eating.

I'm a rational person. When evidence is presented to me I'm willing to change my beliefs. However now that I'm really close of becoming 100% vegan, I came to the realization that I would have to ditch my plans to buy certain pieces of fashion. The memehypebeast inside me is terrified of the fact that I could not cop shoes like the Yeezys or possibly some of Y-3 shoes. I know this sounds incredibly selfish to a vegan like you, but it's seriously making me consider to opt for a plant-based diet only and being a vegetarian of somekind. I really don't know which path to take.

(If anyone is interested about Gary Yourofsky's speeches or Earthlings here are the links)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_ZMiYy_OQ
>>
>>10844641
I'm a vegan and I have never cared about vegan shit beyond diet
>>
>>10844829
lol'd
>>
>>10844755
Being vegetarian is almost as bad as eating animal flesh, you are still involved in a lot of suffering.
>>
>>10844673
"manlet"
"6'4"
man this meme keeps getting more and more intense, so is anything under 7 foot now considered manlet?
>>
I minimize my meat and animal product consumption, I'm sure vegans can be healthy af but you could probably be just as healthy with just having a minimal meat&dairy diet.
>>
>>10845343
That's pathetic, but no unexpected.
>>
>>10845468
Then you aren't an actual vegan, bud.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.