[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most /fa/ activity tracker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: arena.jpg (253KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arena.jpg
253KB, 1600x1200px
What is the most /fa/ activity tracker?
>>
>>10831377
I own that exact model.

It's cool but kinda huge. I think the virtue of the slimmer models is that they aren't so damn obvious.
>>
>>10831412
yeh, thinking of copping the slimmer model.
>>
>>10831440
I'd recommend even the slimmer model only if you are a runner. Mine is phenomenally useful for tracking my heart rate when doing workouts and for giving me a general idea of how well I'm doing on a run. Problem is, it doesn't even remotely account for my weight lifting or other athletic activities in any meaningful way, meaning that it tends to underestimate my caloric burn and bitches in the app about how sedentary I am. It does have caller ID and shit on it, which is great for when my phone is in my briefcase and I'm avoiding certain callers.

In other words: if you live like the people who it targets (runners, office people who need to get up and walk more), it's a great product. For someone like me, its utility is limited but fun.
>>
I have a slim one but I rarely get a chance to charge it.
>>
>>10831461
That also doesn't make sense to me. The purported use is to wear it even when sleeping, but that basically means you never have time to charge it.

It'd be clever if they created a battery bracelet - basically a second bracelet that snapped onto the side and passively charged it but could be worn. All you'd have to do is remove the battery and charge it separately, then snap it on when the battery on the actual FitBit is low.

Of course, I suspect the reason they don't do this relates to (1) how difficult it would be to make a decently slim battery bracelet that could charge up/down fast enough, and (2) the whole "don't wear it forever" concessions they've had to make after the lawsuit.
>>
>>10831472
They should be solar powered.
>>
>>10831478
Might be tough.

According to preliminary searches, that's like 1.5 - 2 V if the solar panel is around the size of those used for calculators. FitBit Zips run on a 3 V coin battery.
>>
File: 49151322.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
49151322.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>10831412

Teal and Plum Charge HR's neon lit super pixelated scrolling display is retro cool as fuck.
>>
>>10831449
i'm not a runner. only cardio i do is commuting to school on my bike. other than that, i'm an olympic weightlifter.

might not be that useful.

wondering if it would track my heart rate accurately during my lifts, though. bc my hr only spikes during the lifts

sleep tracking sounds neat, though
>>
>>10831377
Just get the Xiaomi one that looks like a small bracelet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.