[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hated Brands (and why!)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 1451025987988.jpg (82KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
1451025987988.jpg
82KB, 460x613px
I can understand certain brands garnering negative attention (classic APC/Acne overpriced basics bullshit, for example), but what about other brands? I'd like to get to know which brands are disliked or avoided and why.
Currently I wish to know why Asos is absolutely loathed. Is it because they're cheap, fast fashion?
pic not related
>>
Anything with a logo, their getting you to advertise their shit, while you pay for it
>>
>>10804747
i wouldnt say apc and acne are hated, they are good quality and are great to cop on sales.
>>
>>10804763
No problem with that to me as long as it's minimal Tbh
>>
>>10804763
Only if the logo is ugly. I think the Fred Perry logo is superb. Lyle&Scott also has a nice logo. I'm not too fond of Polo however, but it's so iconic it's hard to dismiss.
>>
I despise Supreme
>>
I hate Gucci and Louis Vuitton because I affiliate it wannabe rich kebabs in highschool. Like holy fuck I hate the brands they liked in high school so much, I wasn't effay back then but I remember them talking about those brands so much. I guess it triggered me because I had a superiority complex and knew that bish I'm richer than you you poor fuck
>>
File: 1449599606106.jpg (400KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1449599606106.jpg
400KB, 1080x1776px
>>10804790
I see you, shill.
>>
rick owens

self explanatory
>>
>>10804841
*tipping my fedora*
>>
>>10804841
A lot of Gucci you see is the horrible gaudy stuff with the monograms and logos all over it but their ready to wear actually has some pretty nice printed stuff atm, although it's still horrendously pricey.
>>
>>10804901
Also the scarves and ties are cool
>>
>>10804747
I don't hate brands, I just don't like what some brands stand for or represent
>>
>>10804884
kebab detected
>>
Supreme, Palace, Bape etc.

Fuccboi fashion in general
>>
>>10804911
how is that any different?
>>
nike because adidas just jumped over them
>>
>>10804927
Retarded bandwagoner detected
>>
>>10804927
this tbqh
>>
cdg play is a blatant cash grab and ridiculously lazy
>>
>>10804947
I mean you're right but they don't exactly deny it so I just think fair enough.
>>
>>10804920
I don't go my way to hate something
I just don't buy or appreciate some brands for the things they are doing
Like there are brands I don't buy because I don't like the aesthetic and their clothes in general, but I don't hate those brands.
Then there are brands that represent something I can't stand behind so I don't support those brands because of my principles
But I don't hate any particular brand
>>
>>10804962
i dont think anyone legitimately hates any brands. its just trendy/edgy internet speak bro
>>
>>10804747
>H&M
>American Eagle
>Hollister
All these type of brands are absolute shit to me.

The people who wear the clothes along with the store's method of advertisement make the brands obnoxious and repulsive. The clothes are overpriced and low quality. Not worth my money.
Don't care for them.
>>
>>10804983
People at least seem really damn upset about some brands at times though
>>
>>10804915
Watch their runways, they are p cool
>>
OP here, I myself am part of the adidas bandwagon, but it's because I was raised to worship them as a shitskin. Going beyond my indoctrination, however, I find they're a legitimately good brand, and their more recent branching out with lots of designers makes me realize they're going for market domination. Also, still no reason for Asos hate? I can also understand hating mall-tier brands because of their advertising strategies like H&M or Hollister or w/e trying to advertise to masterrace individuals only, with the occasional attractive black guy thrown in for good publicity. Other brands might have shit manufacturing conditions, like H&M's sweatshops and shit, so they basically stand for slavery. Jordans is also guilty of this, because they advertise to nignogs dat don kno no betta dan to buy shit shoes instead of Adidas or Y-3. And Acne/APC are the shillest of shillers, they sell overpriced shit you can find for the same quality at mall-tier stores. They do occasionally put out something that's maybe worth half the price they put on it, but that's rare.
>>
Im gonna say it... rick owens
>>
>>10805526
rick is something that you either love or hate, its not really objectively bad or hated here.
>>
Can't stand H&M
Shitty quality.
>>
>>10805526
no lmao, you dont hate rick owens, you hate the tards in waywt thread that cant style it for shit
>>
>>10804983
I fucking hate brands, I dont buy clothes with visible brands on them, im not going to wear a fucking advert.
>>
Kate Spade. Presumably someone asked a Disney Chanel-ass 13 year old girl what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said "fashion designer". She grew up and became one but didn't develop her tastes anywhere along the way. Everything they do feels like it should be ironic but I don't think it is. Meanwhile, people wear it like a status symbol. I mean whatever makes you feel bett but....c'mon
>>
>>10805579
*tipping intensifies*
>>
>>10804841
Both actually bring out decent collections though. Gucci did some nice cashmere knits.
>>
G-star, golden goose, diesel, etc
shit that clogs webstores and forces me to sift through shit to find gems.
>>
>>10804927
no just yeezy
>>
>>10805524
I dislike asos after handling several of their stuff and realizing how poorly made and poorly cut they are on me. I'd rather put my money somewhere i feel comfortable investinf in for lack of better word. Same reason i dislike APC, i handled their stuff and imo its weak as fuck. Not to mention them moving their production was pathetic (made in vietnam denim? For 3-400? Seriously?)

I still however like uniqlo and cos for the simple fact i think they are worth the price despite of their manufacturing location. For basics i can't really fault it much.

I've lost respect for topman and zara and all that other shit since several years back once i started gettig interested in clothes and actually looking at the materia tag, where its made and how much i pay. Shopping around made me realize i can cop so much more neater things at their price points
>>
File: 1448203548167.jpg (667KB, 700x984px) Image search: [Google]
1448203548167.jpg
667KB, 700x984px
>>10805526
how can u hate this
>>
>>10805524
I saw some fucking nigger today wearing acne pants with the cloth labeled still on..

>>10806298
I like APC because they make clothing that fit my skinny frame, but most of it is a rip off when buying retail. Also their collection has been pretty weak
>>
>>10806336
Bought their denim for $100 brand new and even then i thought it was a rip. Granted it wasn't one of their usual raws, its this weird black thin as chino like material with a selvedge but sold as denim. Flipped it for profit. Cutting was alright but i cant do low rises in general so...
>>
>>10806383
did you get the Max or ace?

I found a brand new pair at a 2nd hand shop and copped it for 60 bucks.
>>
>>10806398
Apc's mate

Havent tried on acne's. Was looking for one in club 21 singapore cz i was curious and looking for some black skinnies but they sold out apparently.
>>
>>10806398
only only low rise acne sells is max anyways
>>
>>10806408
are apc and acne actually shit? I bought new apc jeans for $100 and so far they seem fine. what should I be buying instead?
>>
>>10807907
SLP RICK SLP RICK RICK SLP
I'd like to know myself
>>
Hollister, Ellesse, any other "cheeky nandos with the lads" UK fuckboy fashion
>>
>>10807907
If you like em go for it, as i've said before i don't really like APC's cz i just don't see the value in it when it fits like crap on me and i'm not keen on it being made in vietnam for what i paid. Can't say much for acne cz i havent actually tried any.

If you want my opinion they probably got too hyped for their own good. That kanye colab certainly didn't help.

On a similar price spectrum i personally prefer norse projects, very substantial materials and i genuinely got impressed by their tees. For denim i was looking at some smaller denimbro makers from my country who churn out selvedge raws starting at about $50 a pop ranging from handwoven fabrics to jap denim at the higher range. That or pure blue japan as a starting point
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.