[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you care which country your clothes are made in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: usa tag.png (550KB, 720x380px) Image search: [Google]
usa tag.png
550KB, 720x380px
Do you care which country your clothes are made in?
>>
yes
very generally, it's an indication of quality
e.g., since docs started being made in china, their reputation for boot longevity/general qc has become awful
>>
I care a lot
But I've softened my stance a bit
Vietnamese gear is pretty high quality
And Japanese clothes are made in China, but they have higher qc. So you can't judge an item of clothing based solely on country of origin
Unless it's from Honduras. Assume it's shit
>>
I definitely try to get clothes that are either made in my country (new zealand) or from other first world countrys and will pay more for them then stuff from China and 2nd world country's
>>
>>10793145
OK I'm also from NZ so please name like 3 things that are made here because I'm at a loss lol
>>
Im in Aus, lots of the brands here are shit-tier at best; e.g. most people between 15 and 25 likely shop at jay jays, factorie and city beach, which are all fucking trash. idek if the shit is made in Aus but what we have on offer is terrible. I order online and idc whether its made here or not as long as it looks good
>>
>>10793151
There's quite a bit, depends what you're looking for. I'm fairly certain lela jacobs is made in NZ, those dudes at tur in auckland, even kowtow are.
>>
I generally prefer clothes made in my own company (England) as they're usually high quality, and will avoid none 1st world goods. That being said, ive had good stuff from china and other bad reputation places.
>>
>>10793151
I mainly rock vint opshop stuff so its quite easy to find new zealand made stuff. But few of the street were brands are mde here like crate, chinga, shark week, and I would say a lot of the higher end desinner stuff is made here
>>
>>10793189
>shark week
pls never endorse this in any capacity
>>
>>10793193
They were just the first three that came into my head. I do like how a lot of new zealanders wear domestic brands like lower and brands like that
>>
>>10791623
when it's a difference of china and italy, yes
>>
Is there slight racism when we judge which countrys our clothes are made in?
>>
I'm slowly changing my wardrobe to European made clothes only
>>
>>10791623
Yes. While these days it's not so much of an indication of quality, but it's definitely an indication of value. Say if you purchase a shoe made in China vs one made in the UK and they are the same price, you know some fat cunt is taking a huge margin off of you.
These days, I would pay slightly more for a made in UK/USA/Japan/etc. because they pay workers proper wages in these countries and I feel less screwed.
>>
Bummerp
>>
>>10793266
not really
I usually do it so I'm not directly supporting sweatshops and shit whenever I can help it, and work conditions in different countries are very different and can result in large gaps in quality
>>
portugal, italy, usually where my clothes are from

(and japanese denim)
>>
>>10793171
>>10793145

Can you guys recommend any good high end brands based in New Zealand?
>>
>>10796086
I like stolen girlfriends club I don't think there Made in nz but they are a nz company
>>
My old school blazer was made in fiji and I don't know how I feel about that
>>
>>10791623
Not really, after reading Deluxe: How Luxury Lost its Luxury, I learned that manufacturers overseas can manufacture ready to wear stuff just as well as Americans can. Haute couture of course should be left to ateliers but no one here can afford that and I certainly can't.
>>
>>10793163
R.M. Williams clothes and boots are made in Australia.
>>
>>10793266
Fuck off SJW
>>
>>10791623

Yes, very much so:

>Made in Europe, Australia, Africa: I'm happy
>Made in Latin America: Meh
>Made in Asia: dropped 98% of the time
>Made in USA: dropped 100% of the time

Fuck America. Not gonna pay a cent so they can murder innocent children.
>>
>>10796741
>Made in Africa I'm happy
>Made in USA: dropped 100% of the time
>Fuck America. Not gonna pay a cent so they can murder innocent children.

Holy shit how is it possible for someone to be this much of a cucked social justice worrier faggot...
>>
File: mBqssww.jpg (2MB, 4488x2992px) Image search: [Google]
mBqssww.jpg
2MB, 4488x2992px
>>10796741

>implying your country isnt killing innocent children

you're an dummy if you are willing to drop a item bc it was made in a 3rd world country. you just gotta keep check on the consistency of the products the company pumps out
>>
>>10796741
>american factories murder innocent children
>african factories are safe spaces with stringent labour laws

LOL
>>
>>10791623

i exclusively buy made in italy, except for shoes - english and spanish (Sendra) are high quality.
>>
>>10791623
I'm Australian and if I can find Australian made, I'll buy it.

Made in the U.S.A is really good quality and I own a lot of U.S.A made clothes and products. The price is a bit high but I'd say it's worth it.

Japanese made is also really good quality and the materials are always on point.

And of course, anything European is really well made.

Chink made things vary in quality. Some things are absolute trash while other things are acceptable. It usually comes down to material quality.

Anything made in India or Pakistan is complete and utter rubbish but what the fuck do you expect from a race of people who refuse to shit in a toilet?
>>
>>10796803
The delusions of a self hating white.

>Africans can do no wrong!
>>
>>10796856
you haven't had exposure to latin american clothes, I presume
it's pure trash
oh and fabric from Pakistan/India, on occasion, is world-class, so don't just assume it's all bad based on your limited exposure
>>
>>10796741
white guilt: the post
>>
>>10796866
>you haven't had exposure to latin american clothes

No I haven't but I can imagine the quality would be poor.

I will admit you're right about the fabric from India/Pakistan. I was referring to the mall tier rubbish that comes out of those countries. Now that I think about it, there is some Cashmere items of clothing from India that I love however they are a very small percentage of what comes out of that shit hole.
>>
>>10796741
This has to be bait
>>
Made in USA and Japan are fucking GOAT, too bad hardly any of my clothes are made there.
>>
>>10797664
curious - what american brands do you like that don't focus on shoes/leather or suits/menswear? All that's left are workwear companies and AA. There's a strong lack of american-made casual non super-chunky clothing.
>>
>>10797762
patrik ervell
>>
I trust in the brand, so I don't really mind where it was made
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7KB, 208x242px
>>10796727
>>
>>10797762
Some of the Carhartt WIP stuff I guess.
>>
>>10797857
last I checked a lot of that stuff had been outsourced to production in other countries

>>10797797
thanks
>>
i definitely seek out brands made in first world countries and try and buy them as much as possible with my small budget. i shop aa for basics since i like their quality-price and that their products are made in usa
>>
>>10797866
Yeah I figured, if you can find the made in USA Carhartt Union stuff, that shit is good I'm sure.
>>
>>10797876
afaik mainline carhartt is still hardline made in the usa
it's just the wip line that was the exception
>>
Is this one of the reasons supreme is so popular because the majority of it is made in the us
>>
>>10798509
Lol no, a lot of high end brands make caps in the same factories as Supreme
>>
>>10798509
>the majority of it is made in the us
is this REALLY the case?
>>
it's not much of an indication of quality in this day and age. people just love making pseudo-rationalizations on spending a ton on basic items.

personally though just on principle i'm not going to pay much on anything made in a sweatshop.
>>
File: 0394 - e1yU56b.jpg (61KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
0394 - e1yU56b.jpg
61KB, 327x367px
>>10791623
no. I dont give a shit if my H&M shirt is made by 9 year olds as long as its cheap. Natural selection
>>
>>10791623
bump
>>
there's not like a specific country that you should look for, made in USA has no difference necessarily from made in England. But the low tier cuntries should be avoided at all costs;the product you're getting is shit and guaranteed to be made by underpaid children.
>>
>>10798509
>the majority of it is made in the us
this is very fucking far from the truth. hoodies are canadian, almost everything else is I think is chinese. cut and sew t-shirts might be the only made in USA items they sell
>>
what tier is morocco? just bought an IRO shirt that was made there
>>
>>10796086

Morepork it's streetwear mind you

I pick up a lot of great made in NZ stuff thrifting though. Makes me want to try to revitalize New Zealand's garment industry
>>
>>10801113
probably on the same tier as romania, turkey, portugal, which are pretty decent
>>
Reminder that "made in China" is not synonymous for child labour and unethical produce.
There are Chinese factories that enforce work limits, provide food, and pay a fair living wage.
China also is home to many environmentally friendly advantages and are great at recycling.

It has a bad stigma because there are a lot of shitty factories with bad reports and because of the huge amount of export. Best to just research brands and ethical fashion reports if you care about that sort of thing.

I have yet to hear about any ethically sound Cambodian factories though.
Adidas is actually pretty acceptable as far as their sneaker production line in China is. Their clothing line is apparently all sweat shop garbage though.
Brands like Zara have a range of production lines based in China, Turkey, Portugal, Romania, India and Morocco; all with different Ethical standards.

Remember: people working under good conditions produce higher quality product. When you pay higher for something from an ethically sound workline, you get better quality and the workers get paid fairly. The Smiths are overrated.
>>
>>10793163
We do okay.
We're blessed with having Bonds for underwear. AS Colour for cheap high quality basics.
We have a handful of decent brands like Nena and Pasadena, Zanerobe and Parca that quite often have insane sales. I got a $180 pair of zanerobe jeans for $60 recently, $150 coach jacket off Parca for $30
>>
>>10793151
I Love Ugly
>>
>>10801977
There not all made in aus though are they
>>
>>10791623
Yes. And i avoid China and india.
>>
File: image.jpg (634KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
634KB, 2592x1936px
KEK! China is shit bro, stop trying to justify you buying cheap quality crap. If your clothing isn't made in Italy then it's basically worthless because it wasn't made by the most skilled, renowned and experienced ateliers in the world
>>
>>10801999
No but they have ethical standards. Youre still supporting Aussie companies
>>
>>10802024
Underage b& nobody on /fa/ is that stupid
Japanese artisans spend their entire lives recreating the working/living conditions of their idols to ensure unmatched quality
>>
>>10802024
it's all about the supply chain for individual pieces. Sure you can make speculations about a nation's clothes in abstract, but when it comes down to the individual piece then it's all about the supply chain.

A Brand like Yohji can send pieces to be done in china and still come out with good pieces. Yarn, factory, cloth plantation, etc is more important.

Also, Italy is like meme core of "hand made" the game is by poor south anyway.
>>
>blessed with bonds
lol. truly the lucky country.

Merino wool is legit god tier for underwear/socks. I don't do wundies though. but I respect its attempt to mainstream merino underwear.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.