[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sort of poorfag here. is $900 for a Canada Goose jacket too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Black-Chateau[1].jpg (68KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Chateau[1].jpg
68KB, 1024x1024px
sort of poorfag here.

is $900 for a Canada Goose jacket too much? the only thing i've spent $900 on is a suit i bought 3 years ago

i don't know how people who i know make less than me (for example the interns at my workplace) can spend their money on much more expensive things than me
>>
>>10766024
>he wants to dress like a goose

Top fucking kek, OP.
>>
>>10766024
>sort of poorfag here

If you were even slightly poorfag you wouldn't be considering buying this shit
>>
it's a nice jacket but you're paying for the logo
>>
>>10766024
Are you trying to attract basic university bitches?

They aren't really for guys unless you're working for some Arctic expedition, and even then you would probably be issued something even more effective for free. You'd be better off spending $100ish on a jacket and using the rest of the cash for some clothes that are actually worth spending money on.
>>
get something like ll bean baxter state or similar with goosedown
>>
>>10766024

If you want to be warm somwhere cold and have a Jacket that lasts a really long time then buy something from North Face.

Canada Goose is just some mall tier brand that's worn by trend hopping viners with no sense of style because it has a small circular logo that essentially acts as a price tag.
>>
>>10766399
>trend hopping viners
these jackets have been popular in canada well before vine was even created
>>
>>10766627

Which somehow makes them acceptable?

Would you keep wearing [clothing item from brand you absolutely love] if suddenly a bunch of fuccbois jumped on the bandwagon?
>>
>>10766643
Yes
>>
Mall tier brand? You midt be seriously retarded here.

Canada Goose produce fucking goddamn good product that KEEP YOU WARM.

I have Zegna (Loro Piana wool), Moncler, Mammut (swiss technical gear brand, way better than north face), Fay and Woolrich down jackets.

Canada Goose still comes out on top for the warming factor.
Fay has better fur, but it's also twice the price.

Best thing is the Canada Goose by Loro Piana collection. AMAZING

Bunch of faggots in this thread
>>
>>10766702
>Canada Goose by Loro Piana collection. AMAZING
it's like $1500 though
>>
>>10766024
canada goose is mainstream garbage at this point
all the rich chinks wear them around here
>>
>>10766643
Mine keeps me warm in -25°C, so I wouldn't see why
>>
its ugly and basic. The epitome of a pleb jacket desu. It will keep you warm though, ill give you that. But in no way is it really fashionable.
>>
>>10766024
>900$
>jacket

jeez come on man.. thats a little cheap. you can get something amazomg;y functional and stylish for a third of that
>>
is it just me, or do winter coats always pick up this strange smell?

it smells like air pollution, ozone, freezer burn, plastic, and a hint of mildew mixed together.

do you know what i'm talking about?

i'd never spend much money on something that'll get dirty and smelly so quickly
>>
>>10767814
But canada goose is so excellent in every way tho
>>
>>10767814
>cheap
did you mean expensive/overpriced?

why does /fa/ call $500 allen edmonds dress shoes as entry-level? or post about their expensive purchases (mr porter thread a few days ago)
>>
>spending 900$ to look like a basic Canadian white girl
Why.
>>
>>10766399
>Canada Goose is just some mall tier brand
Nigga, I think you are talking about TNF m8, CG is just a "upgraded" brand, where both are shit, and you are paying a premium for both.
>>
>>10767840
Happens with most of my actual jackets(not hoodies/sweaters/crenecks). They dont necessarily get dirty, but god do they get a very odd odor. Im not a stinky person nor are my surroundings stinky so idk.
>>
>>10767906
>basic
what does this even mean? what does a guy or girl need to do in order to not be considered basic?
>>
>>10766050
lmao very wrong
>>
>>10767906
guys wear Canada Goose too. it's a clear symbol of how much money you have

>>10767940
spotted the CG wearer
>>
>>10766024
Literally every single chinese exchange student wears this jacket. Do you want to look like a chinese exchange student?
>>
>>10767931

if everyone has it like they need it, it's a basic wardrobe item.
>>
>>10767949
>guys wear Canada Goose too. it's a clear symbol of how much money you have

but all it does is impress shallow vapid people, and those people probably aren't THAT impressed with canada goose
>>
>>10767880
because the quality of allen edmonds is entry level
you can find them for 100-200 easy on ebay or even less
theyre cheap shoes with a high retail markup but get marked down on sales every weekend

considering most of WAYWT doesnt have any expensive purchases its either they purchase 1x a year or they just said they did
>>
>>10767968
are $1000 jackets ever worth it?

as I mentioned in the OP, I spend almost $1000 on a single suit. if a suit lasts me 3 years and a winter coat lasts me 3 years as well, aren't they almost equivalent in money spent per time used (e.g. $333/yr)

am i overpaying for my suits?
>>
>>10768790
You can use the suit almost everyday, the jacket only comes after certain temp.
>>
So what are some good alternatives at a cheaper price point?
>>
It's shit, but just buy it OP. It will put your mind at ease.
>>
>>10766024
Yes it is too much. Go to your local goodwill or salvation army or other thrift store. You will look more effay and they have more coats than should exist.
>>
>>10767917
>>10767840
I know exactly what you're talking about
I think it happens because of the cold interacting with materials
But then a lot of materials do that
Can someone from /sci/ please explain?
>>
File: 20141124113633675577116[1].jpg (292KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
20141124113633675577116[1].jpg
292KB, 1024x767px
what do you guys think of Nobis? is that overpriced too? The "Yatesy" is supposed to be a competitor to CG jackets (price and style-wise)
>>
>>10770782
damn they look fucking sick
>>
I like Moose Knuckle more than Canada Goose, I think they look less pretentious
>>
>>10770989
I own the Moose Knuckles denim ballistic bomber. I respect CG for its quality and all but people who own CG go crazy over mine. I chose moose knuckles mainly because it's more of an edgy fashion brand and provides similar warmth as goose. Moose knuckles also uses fox fur instead of the coyote CG uses.
>>
>Tfw bottom of the barrel poorfag
>$900 shit jacket
>Own better looking jackets at fraction of that
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.