[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LUSH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: lush-logo.jpg (222KB, 1685x887px) Image search: [Google]
lush-logo.jpg
222KB, 1685x887px
anything good here, f.a.m.?
>>
I've yet to find I product there I don't like. My skin is heavily influenced by the weather and since I switched to their products I have little to no issues.

My current favorite are let the good times roll and cosmetic lad.
>>
>>10761299
Their fragrances are nice
>>
Their deodorant works surprisingly well
>>
Fragrances and shampoo are pretty good.
>>
>>10761299
I've tried a lot and have a lot of opinions so I'll give a run down. Not on bath stuff because that's just smell opinions.
For reference my skin is sensitive, prone to redness. Moderately dry but not extremely so.
Hair is thick, below shoulder length, wavy to loose curl, prone to dryness and dandruff.

Skincare:

>cleansers
9-5 is my current go to cleanser, it's lightweight non-irritating.
Ultrabland is a favourite for a lot of people but unless you have very dry skin or wear a lot of make up you need to remove it's a bit too heavy really.
Dark Angels and coal face can be a bit harsh but work alright used very sparingly to treat oily, spotty skin.
Movis smells like a malty cake but is ultimately useless.
Not used others.

>facial moisturisers
Imperialis is a decent but isn't anything to sing about and doesn't work well on drier skin.
I was told celestial would be perfect for me but it was too heavy and broke me out. Might work for very dry skin but too rich for anything else. Smells amazing though so makes a good body lotion.
Outside of them I'm not keen on any. Too many of their moisturisers contain irritating perfumes for any of them to be particularly note worthy.

>facemasks
Cupcake smells good but is drying and harsh. But they sell it for oily teenage skin so it might work for that.
The sacred truth is nice enough. Moisturising, skin looks softer and a bit brighter immediately after use. Not a must-buy though, more just an occasional nice treat.
Don't look at me is surprisingly nice if you're into a bit of physical exfoliation now and again - I know a lot of people are against that and acid only, but I'm weak. An occasional scrub pleases me.
Rosy cheeks is shit and drying and made my face sting. Might be worth it if you're oily.
Cosmetic catastrophe is supposedly great for irritated skin but did nothing for me.
Oatifix gave me spots.
Never tried the others.

Continued next post with hair care
>>
>>10761661
Hair care
>Liquid shampoos
Fairly traded honey is my holy grail. Clears up dandruff, makes my hair feel smoother and less dry and smells amazing. Expensive as shit but I'm happy paying it.
Cynthia Sylvia Stout is alright, but for my hair type I would never buy it over Fairly Traded Honey.
Curly Wurly (I think?) is weird as shit to use, it's thick and gritty and chunky but it does the job surprisingly well when you get the hang of it.
Never tried any others.

>Solid shampoos
Soak and float is supposed to be for dandruff but fairly traded honey does a better job. I haven't used it since they reformulated it but I wouldn't recommend.
Braziliant is good for thick hair but again nothing amazing.
Copperhead is supposed to be for imparting henna but it doesn't do much that way, makes a nice shampoo for a quick and non intensive clean though.
Jason and the Argan Oil (my favourite name of their products) is decent and smells amazing.
Trichomania is far too much hassle to be worth using.
The co-washes aren't worth using if you don't have Afro hair.
Odango is again too difficult to be worth it.

>Liquid conditioners
American cream is excellent for log thick hair prone to tangling . Softens and smells amazing.
Vehemence is lighter but still decent. Probably better for finer hair because I can imagine American cream would weigh down fine hair.
Tried one earlier described as a perfumed hair conditioner but I can't remember the name. Smells good, but nothing special.

>Solid conditioners
Only tried jungle and I'm unimpressed. Probably works well for shorter or finer hair but for long thick hair it's useless.

>hair masks
Damaged is alright as is tangled, but I've never noticed anything noteworthy enough to warrant buying them again.
Jasmine and henna fluff ease (I think?) is about the only thing that makes my hair smooth and soft. Must have for thick dry hair
>>
>>10761661
>>10761681
This is brilliant, thanks a lot
>>
way too overpriced
stick with Face Shop and the other korean brands instead
>>
>>10761681
Should be veganese, not vehemence. Auto correct.

>>10761749
No problem. I've tried more but my phone died before I could type any more out. Make up/perfume/hand creams/bath stuff I'm more than happy to pass judgement on.
>>
Dirty Springwash is my go-to-product. I highly recommend mixing the gel with your usual shampoo.

Could anyone tell me what LUSH's salt spray is like, if there is one?

Also, does anybody have any experience with the henna hair dye?
>>
>>10761299
use their face moisturizer, sometimes a shampoo or conditioner
>>
>>10761928
As far as I'm aware they have no salt spray unless the products differ overseas. They have hair custards which are shit.

The henna is alright. Apparently there are better hennas out there but I'm too lazy to prepare them properly, so melting a big block and being done with prep is preferable to me.
I was going to use the darkest one (noir) but it strand tested green on my hair, so I was recommended use the red one (rouge) first. My natural hair colour is a very neutral brown with blonde areas around my temple each side, and apparently shades like that with no natural red tones can easily go greenish with their darker hennas.

It's a process, to put it mildly, but after sitting with a solidified chunk of hair for three hours and then spending 45 minutes rinsing it out you get softened hair for a good two weeks after and on my hair with rouge I got a good, extremely natural looking auburn tint that I love so much I've never bothered using up the noir block I have.

Some people hate the smell, but I love it. It sticks around for a while though so be aware of that. The colour can fade a little on first application but I didn't notice it on my hair, and does take a couple of days to fully develop but I love it and wouldn't go back now. It takes differently in different tones in the hair as well so when I have blonde sections they went a more ginger tone, but the brown areas went auburn.
>>
I'am using the sea salt shampoo and I love my hair right now. I use way less clay also.
>>
>>10761299
parabens
sulfates
no.

get pete and pedros shampoo / conditioner pack. shits amazing.

if you have the dosh, get pureology
>>
>>10762051
Go back to Pinterest mom
>>
>>10762057
Your mom shops at Target for her hair care products? Mine only buys in wholesale quantities, direct from Bumble and Bumble
>>
>>10762057
Go back to being a pleb. Carry on, son.
>>
>>10761299
Overpriced mall tier garbage. Think dr kiehl's but shittier. Aesop or bust bitches.
>>
>>10762081
kiehl's hand salve is fucking phenomenal; their hair stuff isn't
>>
>>10762092
you obviously haven't tried aesop's resurrection aromatique hand balm.

you srsly should.
>>
>>10762114
I will, seriously; hand sanitizer + fuckloads of overtime at my nursing job = gnarly hands
thanks man
>>
>>10761970
Thank you very much for your response!
>>
>>10761781
I agree.
I used to like their hair masks but too broke for that right now.
>>
>>10761681
>American cream
This was my first conditioner I've tried from Lush and it wasn't close to softening my hair. It tangled my hair too and it made it feel rough as. Did I just get a bad batch?
>>
>>10761911
>perfume/hand creams/bath stuff
definitely would like to hear more about these
>>
>>10761299
big fan of the sea salt spray
>>
>>10761661
>Hair is thick, below shoulder length, wavy to loose curl, prone to dryness and dandruff
me, too. anymore on hair products?
>>
>>10762033
The sea salt shampoo is amazing.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.