[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affording /fa/ brands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: image.gif (2MB, 211x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 211x188px
So some of the things I've seen linked here are priced at an upwards of 300-400+ sometimes for a single article of clothing.

What kinds of jobs do you guys work? How do you afford it?
>>
>>10758434
what is that gif from
>>
save up your money and build your collection over time familia
>>
>>10758438
Found it posted here, not sure desu

>>10758449

Ah I see. But shoes for example, don't they get worn out? How do people prevent 500 dollar shoes from getting work out?
>>
>>10758480
if you take decent care of them, designer shoes will last quite a while
although its always a good idea to have a pair of beater shoes for occasions where your other shoes might get trashed
>>
>>10758480
by not leaving the house
>>
uniqlol
>>
>>10758434
what kind of grown man doesn't have the resources available to buy buy a $300 pair of shoes?
>>
>>10758434
god damn it, this bitch is quickly becoming everyone's waifu
>>
File: 1451181330962.webm (627KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
1451181330962.webm
627KB, 720x304px
stopped wasting money on fast fashion shit and started saving up my money for clothes I realy want
>>
>>10758434
Prioritize yourself, I guess. I'm a student but I work my fucking ass off during the summer and winter breaks with two jobs. I took up reselling too just so I could afford the clothes I want during the semester. Then, when you finally have the right amount of money saved up, you wait until you hit a sale or just peruse grailed for months until you find something that's absolutely perfect. From there, slowly build your wardrobe.

Start with basics and just work to replace each one with something nicer and something you love completely instead of partially
>>
>>10758668
Yeah this

the key is to just take it slow desu, don't jump into anything. It's better to have one beautiful $400 piece than four mediocre $100 pieces
>>
>>10758668
This is great advice, thanks! How does reselling work? Mind sharing your tips and secrets for flipping things?

I don't have much of an eye for fashion other than what looks well fit, tapered, etc.
>>
>>10758715
I mean my resell experience is different than most. Theres a warehouse sale that's near my house I go to. It stocks mall-tier clothes and shoes. If you have an eye for the nicer brands you can easily sell the stuff on there, so I do that. I don't fuck with expensive shit because people are dicks online with anything that costs more than 200 in my experience. Its different for everyone, though. Since reselling is catching on the market is flooded so it's not as easy as it once was.
>>
>>10758434
>What kinds of jobs do you guys work?
Barely any of them do.

>How do you afford it?
Privileged teens and tweens with nothing better to do with mommy and daddy's money. Those that do work, nothing too difficult

All shade throwing aside, it's all about prioritising. If you want something badly enough, you budget for it.
>>
sell drugs
>>
>>10758797
Can you expand on the > $200 price point statement? Like what do those types of customers do that others dont?
>>
>>10758434
don't work, parents pay for everything
>>
300-400 is the equivalent of what, a few games for /v/ or a tent for /out/ or a grocery bill for /fit/?
>>
in my area there's a warehouse that sells clothing from express 1/4 the price of what it costs in the store. these are mostly returned items just sent to the warehouse due to sizing issues. they have men's and women's express clothes, jeans, coats, and everything. I was considering buying some and then selling it for around 1/2 the original price to attract buyers. is this something I should do? if so, where should I sell it?
>>
>>10758522
she is qt
>>
>>10758991
this tbqh
>>
Just save up your money senpai. I work at mcdicks and already own a Louis vuitton wallet and bag.
>>
i saved up a lot of money, bought a pair of SLPs and a pair of Acnes. Bought a couple t's, couple sweaters, a belt, shoes, boots, and a decent piece of outerwear. Note: Invest the most into your pants and shoes. You can cheap out on t shirts or sweaters at Uniqlo
>>
>>10758438
Daisy Ridley's Instagay
>>
Most dudes on here spend a large amount of their income on cops.

I work as an accounts liaison for a pretty large NY store. I spend wholesale cost for all of my goods, which is about 50% off MSRP, sometimes more. I'd say I have about 35K into my wardrobe (spent), which makes my closet like 75k easy, including my Rolex (which is 15k)
>>
>>10759568
>I work at mcdicks and already own a Louis vuitton wallet and bag.

mckillyourself
>>
I jerk off in front of old men for 100 a pop.

Not gay and NBD because I jerk off anyway and I can do it in like 2 mins.
>>
File: 1407313239078.jpg (49KB, 360x261px) Image search: [Google]
1407313239078.jpg
49KB, 360x261px
>>10759958
>>
>>10760022
damn do you have to pretty to do this?
>>
>>10758434
Graduate Student.
I'm financially responsible and live a mostly frugal lifestyle, splurging on housing, good food, and nice clothes.
I also know how to take care of nice shit and understand how to manage a line of credit and finance purchases.

Protip: Credit should be used to smooth your cash flow. Not to buy shit you can't afford.
>>
File: 14487357293140.jpg (90KB, 1100x781px) Image search: [Google]
14487357293140.jpg
90KB, 1100x781px
Not OP but I have a question. Is it getter to prioritize on basics first ? I mean, I don't need to put hundreds dollars of a basic grey sweatshit, or a white tee.
I actually don't have basic tees or sweatshirts, so should I first buy those ?
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 599x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 599x763px
I work at a loading dock, making $12/hr, and like 15k a year after taxes, I'm pretty lazy though so I work like 3 days a week or so. Being effay is not really that expensive, a pair of good pants are around $500, pair of boots 1k, $500 on tees, and 1k on sweaters and hoodies. That's like 3k, just buy everything when it's on sale. I recently copped a pair of SLP harness boots for $480 on the farfetch sale, I already own 3 pairs so will flip that and sell it for $950, and use the profit to buy another pair of d02s, I also have like 18k on credits cards that I can spend but I keep that just in case there's some good sales and I have no cash.
>>
>>10758937
They get their panties in a bunch because it's something so expensive. Grailed and ebay are used (mostly) by people who want designer stuff for cheap. If it's not cheap, they constantly try to lowball. Not to mention scammers also exist on the site, and I would hate to have some dude claim I didn't mail the right thing to him, because inevitably paypal will side with the customer
>>
>>10759026
Sell on ebay, even people on grailed know half off express things still isn't worth it. You might be able to charge a little extra just to compensate for ebay fees, too

For the most part just make sure you buy items that others will actually want. Play it safe for the most part when you start out in the market because you don't wanna lose money
>>
>>10758434
Lots of people on this board spend too much on clothes and some are probably in unhealthy amounts of debt because of it.

Autists spend 400$ on a pair of white tennis shoes.
>>
>>10760690
Yea, I mean when youre developing your style it's smart to start with basics and then figure out something from there. If you need to buy basics look into grailed basic because a ton of people are letting go of their stuff for mad cheap. Just keep in mind that sometimes it's better to buy the clothes new on sale than grailed because the users don't know how to price shit
>>
>>10758434
figure it out as we have
>>
>>10758434
I just copped some beat stuff from a store shutting down and selling their inventory for 80% off. Got 3-400$ stuff for like $60. If i dropped in earlier would've copped more but i was kinda late to the party
>>
>>10760760
Is it easy to get stuff on grailed ? With biddings and stuff like that ? Or is there a lot of "competition" ?
I'll probably get basics from regular brands too like H&M, Uniqlo and so on...

But I didn't knew about grailed, it may be worth for me.
>>
>>10758434
Stopped smoking. Slowly Building up a homegym, so i can save even more Money. The rest i just spend on clothing.
>>
>>10758527
Who she be??
>>
>>10758434
quality > quantity
stop buying shit H&M tier clothing and hopping from /fa/ flavor of the month microtrends, find your own style and buy shit you actually like and that is good quality
second hand designer market is fucking huge as well
>>
>>10761436
Are you serious? Do you live under a rock?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
>>10761462
Yes
>>
>>10761458
Yeah but spending hundreds on one piece of clothing is too complicated in the beginning.
>>
i assumed instead of spending 1500-2500 each year on a fancy gaming PC, or a trip to paris of the Caribbean, a slightly better car etc etc /fa/ just spends it on clothes, which is alright.
>>
File: 6b1ef67ca1ee7d12.jpg (196KB, 1052x1315px) Image search: [Google]
6b1ef67ca1ee7d12.jpg
196KB, 1052x1315px
>>10761467
>>10761436
Daisy Ridley
>>
>>10761458
Any links or sites you care to share broseph?
>>
>>10759576

I wouldnt say cheap out on sweaters too much.

If you wear sweaters a lot then knitwear is going to distinguish you from normies if you drop some $$ on it. Good sweaters last forever and are just really nice.
>>
>>10760760
are F21 skinny jeans, basic mango tees and H&M zip hoodies an ok way to start your wardrobe?
>>
>>10761715
everything that's /fa/ and good looking is an ok way
>>
Dat feel when you're eastern-european and until 30's my wage will be around 300-350$
Just fucking end my life
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.