[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEATHER JACKET CUSTOMIZATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: TK-2014-10-16-010-003-Harajuku.jpg (392KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TK-2014-10-16-010-003-Harajuku.jpg
392KB, 1000x1500px
I like to put pins on my leather biker jacket but the pins often seem to come unhinged. I don't want to lose any more so I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with this sort of thing and what a good solution would be towards this.
>>
The more material you have under the pin's bar, the more likely it is to come off.
Unless you're planning on going to shows where it might get ripped off, try grabbing less material with the pinback.
>>
>>10753459
W2c that tshirt
>>
File: IMG_20151104_175756.jpg (175KB, 944x944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_175756.jpg
175KB, 944x944px
>>10753459
This is relevant to my interest.
I customize all my denim and leather.
Two biggest factors are Quality and dedication.
>>
>>10753630
what the fuck is all that studding supposed to even do, protect your back in a swordfight?
>>
>>10753653
Why would the studding protect against edge weapons? They would just cut in between the rows.
No
Its just aestheticly pleasing and i enjoying doing it
>>
losing pins just goes with the territory of putting pins on backpacks/clothes; if you have 1" pins you can always just put a new pinback on it, but that doesn't help much....over time a pin just starts to fall apart
I recommend you start buying enamel pins; they last longer and don't fall off as easliy
>>
>>10753683
If they are of decent quality and put on correctly it should not be a big problem, some will always fall, as long as they go through enough material and properly secured under the backing (i sometimes crimp or bend slightly with needle nose pliers the prong backing holding down the needle)
Pins with backing holds are riskier in my.opinion.
I wait till im sure of its placement and superglue it down.
>>
>>10753708
That's bold, man; but if it's your jacket then tear it to pieces, as long as you're happy with it.
>>
>>10753459
>literally the worst characters of their respective series
>fucking pins like you're back in middle school
>"fashion"
>>
>>10753899
>he's clearly a cross poster
/fa/ is your home board; that isn't a good thing
it's mine too =(
>>
>>10753884
Ive straight up ruined jackets, so i know that feel.
I like it, i cant say it appeals to alot of people, but i def know some tricks on sewing leather, studding, painting and i just learned how to embroider my name inside as well. Altering clothes and seeing other people sick gear and clothes def makes me happy
>>
>>10753903
my mom told me to get out more, so I tried a different board.
>>
File: HunxAndHisPunx3.jpg (2MB, 1800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
HunxAndHisPunx3.jpg
2MB, 1800x1215px
>>10753915
One of the cooler punk jackets I saw was in a Hunx and His Punx music video
it was decked out in Italo Disco / HiNRG acryllic paint logos

wait I just looked it up it was a onesie
>>
>>10753934
Def an interesting fit.
His leather looks nice tho, even simple and plain.
OPs pic kinda looks shitty and a waste of a good leather to be honest, especially with the moe anime buttons, even tho ive seen some really cool fits on Tokyo fashion
>>
>>10753899
op here, I literally just put 12 Evangelion pins on my double-rider. Too lazy to take a pic atm but I assure you its autistic and I love it
>>
>>10753459
Super Glue the pin shut
>>
>>10754030
You're lucky that you like Evangelion
There is a ridiculous amount of merch and a lot of attention from Japanese fashion brands.

Even a character from attack on titan was on the cover of Frau a few months ago
>>
File: 71VKdfChTLL._SL1500_.jpg (201KB, 930x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71VKdfChTLL._SL1500_.jpg
201KB, 930x1200px
>>10754050
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.