[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa/, my grandpa served in the Navy in WWII. He left me his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (34KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 1024x768px
Hey /fa/, my grandpa served in the Navy in WWII. He left me his bridge coat, super similar to pic related

I was wondering, what's the best way to wear it? I'm tall and about 200 lbs. thanks!
>>
>>10744909
Bridge Coats are a bit more dressy than Peacoats, Preferebly you'll want to change the buttons (though not 100% necessary) - Regardless, this should really be worn with Business wear
>>
>>10744990
Thanks!
>>
Sweet coat!
I've got a Canadian naval greatcoat from 1955 - imo it's pretty versatile, and yet being jet black it can't really be worn with anything other than black leather shoes or boots. I'd suggest you do the same with yours - jeans are out of the question.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I just realized I could just take a picture.

I need to put the missing button back on, but other than that here it is
>>
>>10745012
Damn, that's a sexy coat.

I agree with >>10744990 in that it's a hair dressier than a peacoat, but not much more. I'd definitely wear it in the same way you wear a peacoat or a car coat, but treat it more like the latter. Dress it up with a nice crisp white oxford and a tie, or mess around with heavy knits. I'd definitely err on the side of fitted with everything but the coat - it's domineering, don't fight it with more bagginess.
>>
Thanks guys! This is my first time posting to /fa/ after like 8 years on this site, and I gotta say you guys are the friendliest board
>>
>>10745012
Oh, that's not nearly the length I thought it would be since your picture in your first post was over-the-knee length. Unless I'm misjudging the angle. What part of your leg does it reach when you wear it?
>>
File: image.jpg (426KB, 1343x1802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426KB, 1343x1802px
>>10745029
Forgive me for wearing a tshirt and jeans with it, I just threw it on over what I was wearing for this picture

It gets to about my lower thigh
>>
>>10745043
Looks nice. Good luck on your fits!
>>
>>10745060
Thanks!
>>
Get a fedora, OP.

*tips*
>>
>>10745043
T-shirt is fine, but wear black pants with it. You don't need to go all dressy with it, just wear a woolen sweater, sturdy black pants and boots. Try to keep the colors of your wardrobe dark and/or natural, possibly go for a militaristic look if you have the body/face/haircut for it.
>>
>>10744909
don't do it. just store it somewhere as memorabilia.
>>
>>10744909
i have a coat like this, cream jumpers look good with it, dark lowers
>>
>>10744909
On the day of Bud Jennings's funeral, Pete went into the back of the closet and brought out his bridge coat, per regulations. This was the most stylish item in the Navy officer's wardrobe. Pete had never had occasion to wear his before. It was a double-breasted coat made of navy-blue melton cloth and came down almost to the ankles. It must have weighed ten pounds. It had a double row of gold buttons down the front and loops for shoulder boards, big beautiful belly-cut collar and lapels, deep turnbacks on the sleeves, a tailored waist, and a center vent in back that ran from the waistline to the bottom of the coat. Never would Pete, or for that matter many other American males in the mid-twentieth century, have an article of clothing quite so impressive and aristocratic as that bridge coat. At the funeral the nineteen little Indians who were left—Navy boys!—lined up manfully in their bridge coats. They looked so young. Their pink, lineless faces with their absolutely clear, lean jawlines popped up bravely, correctly, out of the enormous belly-cut collars of the bridge coats. They sang an old Navy hymn, which slipped into a strange and lugubrious minor key here and there, and included a stanza added especially for aviators. It ended with: "O hear us when we lift our prayer for those in peril in the air."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.