[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion is an abstracted form of communication. Every piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (269KB, 1242x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 1242x1920px
Fashion is an abstracted form of communication. Every piece of clothing says something. What message do you lads try to communicate with your fits?
>>
that im tryna fuck your moms
and also maybe molly
>>
>>10732845
im confident
>>
i'm fun
>>
>>10732845
ima gank u 4 ur iphone, nigga.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 940x1316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 940x1316px
>>10732845
Nothing desu, only when I dress for work I want people to perceive as me as professional, eager and somewhat easy-going.
>>
>wish I lived in England in the 60s and was taking amphetamines while riding to clubs on my scooter
>>
that i'm carefree and a bit edgy, but also that i am fun, trendy and a bit respectable.

its hard to put it into words. its about the feeling and your perception of yourself and what perception of yourself you want to display to others. not easy to verbalize.
>>
i'm looking for boy puss
>>
>>10732976
i wanted to hate this but honestly it's pretty on point
>>
>>10732976
>not easy to verbalize

That's a good way of putting it.

I feel bad because I'm a bit pretentious when considering what messages might be implied by clothing. Like when 'normal' (for lack of a better term) people wear the same things that everyone else does, with no thought put into their clothing. Asics running shoes, dad jeans, and north face/under armour/Nike/etc. What message might they be sending? I interpret it as saying something along the lines of, 'I have no original thoughts and just want to fit in.' Although, I know that's a bit ridiculous, because I'm aware that these people don't put enough thought into their clothing for there to be any message at all.

I consider myself, and other /fa/shionable people, better than these people that just wear 'normal' clothing that lets them fit in with everyone else.

In relation to this thought, normcore is a particularly interesting trend. K-Hole described it as a trend that isn't above fitting in, yet at the same time it pokes fun at 'normal' clothing.

What do you mates think?
>>
> Bend over, ladies.
>>
I try to show an air of education and cultural conservatism (I'm a uni student)

>tfw prepster
>>
>>10733015
i can't speak for normcore but any outfit speaks volumes about anyone. if someone is dressed unremarkably, you can tell they are not into fashion or that they just wear whatever everyone else is wearing which conveys its own image.

the difference with normcore is that it is normally made to look as though that person is trying to dress normally which i find to be very strange.

clothing style is the #1 thing i am attracted to on a girl, including hairstyle. it is a great way to convey personalities since certain girls dress certain ways, meaning that the type of girl you like dresses in this or that way which is useful.

again, hard to verbalize.
>>
that i want to die
>>
File: lonely.jpg (301KB, 700x781px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
301KB, 700x781px
that im desperate
>>
>grey crewneck sweater
>black jeans
>adidas sneakers
>neutral af
>>
File: IamNi3.png (182KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
IamNi3.png
182KB, 421x427px
>>10733015
>throwing shade on North Face/Under Armour/Nike

Confirmed peasant who couldn't put together a health goth/techwear fit to save his life.
>>
that I have my shit together

(I don't have my shit together)
>>
That I put care into my appearance.
>>
>>10732845
That I try very hard to blend in while also looking nice
>>
>>10732845

I dress whatever makes me look good and bigger chance to get bitches
There is no other point
>>
>>10733603
>he dresses for women
>>
>>10733472
Nike and North Face are pretty decent in the right context, but it is clear that they are a staple choice of normie fashion. I do like a lot of their pieces, especially collabs. But there really isn't anything redeemable about the north face fleece jackets and neon trainers worn by every person ever.

Under Armour has never released anything good ever.
>>
that i don't want to be approached but still look good
>>
>>10732845

I look happier and more interesting than I actually am

anyone who really gets to know me will realize im miserable

its the im sorry to inevitably disappoint you chic
wish my track marks showed under my nice fits
>>
>>10733687
I may or may not be a buttdevastated Nikefag, but I think Nike/North Face/popular athletic brands can be components of good fits.

I would not go so far as to say you can make a good fit using exclusively those products.
>>
>>10733398
This shirt might be dope if the back said something like "not needed"
>>
im rich
>>
File: saddamm.png?itok=xfJmx9au.png (241KB, 476x338px) Image search: [Google]
saddamm.png?itok=xfJmx9au.png
241KB, 476x338px
>>10733719
That is literally "Tourist Gift Shop Meme Graphic Tee" tier
>>
I don't know, I just dress what I like to dress respecting basic color coordination. What I'm trying to say? That I just don't dress shit like 95% of the earth's population?
>>
I like dark colors and im lazy but I like to do cardio sometimes
>>
>>10733730
I guess you'd rather buy the new Acne jumpers then cuckbro
>>
>>10732845
I'm chill
I'm artsy
I'm creative
>>
>>10732845
You had it right with 'abstracted form of communication'. Which means just that. Clothes mean just clothes and I celebrate that
>>
black twitter is my bible
>>
>>10733015
>>10733081
to me, normcore is the ultimate socially-aware statement. people who dress normcore realize that everything anyone wears or buys says something about them, and instead of buying into it, normcore kids reject this idea completely. they purposely dress in clothes that contain zero remarkable social connotation. by doing this they attempt to make themselves a blank slate; whereas others try to dress individually to portray their unique personalities, normcores give people nothing to go off of for first impressions.

this is a double-edged sword, of course, because some people (usually who try hard to dress well and unique, aka me and many of us here) know what norm core is. instead of coming off as a blank slate, some people dressed norm core could come off pretentious, bc they must think pretty highly of their own personality to dress so blandly.

that last paragraph was me projecting, i really respect norm core loyals. to me its like the ultimate confidence. their aura and personality etc speak for themselves, and clothes arent necessary to let people know what theyre about.

the people who historically dress norm core are those who have enough clout to afford themselves to dress unremarkably. eg, steve jobs' reputation preceeds him, no need for him to stand out style wise. in models/ celebrities cases, their appearance is remarkable on its own accord. people like chris hemsworth, kristen stewart, etc look amazing enough in anything, and the shit they wear is a reflection of this self confidence.

/rant
>>
>>10733800
>muh anti-art is art

Stopped reading right there. It's played out, really.

For me, only art is art. If you like to dress normcore, then do it, but it's not "some abstract statement" or some shit - you just look like everyone else.
>>
>>10733800
The overlap between normcore and cuckcore is too great to overlook. Being normcore might be making a "statement" "rejecting" society's attempt to define you, but it is also "rejecting" your chance of getting a non-basic girlfriend, so lel.
>>
help im not even layering and its still hot in this 3rd world SEAsia
>>
>>10732845
>What message do you lads try to communicate with your fits?

"fuck you"
>>
Idiosyncrasy.
I wear things that are of a conventional form or notion but differ in small details like material, cut, or hardware.
I also like to be comfy and that comes across to other people through my clothing.
>>
I wear second hand stuff and milsurp, little to no synthetic fibers, no brand names or graphics, no jewelry, minimalist footwear and I cut my own hair.

I aim to communicate my despise for decadence and technology which goes hand in hand with my despise for the modern metrosexual male, my wish to live in accordance with nature in anarchic small communities, and my yearning for a free thinking no bullshit practical woman unsoiled by the atrocity of american popular culture that has taken hold of the european world.

Now that I think about it, I sound a lot like a neonazi, don't I? Weird, I'm really not.
>>
My personality mostly I guess. Clothes is a great indication of what people you'll get along with (not always, but still)
>>
That I'm an autistic boring disgusting piece of shit with no self esteem.
>>
>>10733882
And everyone probably thinks you look like a faggot liable to shoot up an elementary school at any time, so I guess you pulled it off.
>>
>>10733942
I don't live in America, school shootings aren't really a thing around here. They probably just think I'm a weird nazi, possibly a faggot with a uniform fetish. It's not as on the nose as you probably imagine though, the aesthetic which I'm going for is more that of an old-timey soldier and less that of a hillbilly huntsman. I wear close to no camouflage, I'm skinnily fit and I have a beautiful face, so I look rather civilized I'd say. I also live in eastern Berlin so there are some far worse cases of milsurp abusing hools around.
>>
W2c shirt
>>
"pls date me"
>>
Yeah, it is pretty abstract so I won't be able to explain it well. I don't really think I dress to make a particular statement. I do however try to look clean and avoid most logos (specifically tacky and/or not artistically designed ones) because with most of them I just feel like I'm wearing a free advertisement. Most girls where I live wear oversized pastel t-shirts, some kind of stockings(?) or jegging things and Uggs. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of cute/pretty girls but most of them dress like shit. So I guess if I am trying to project a statement it's that I don't like how people around here dress. I usually dress pretty low-key- jeans, darker and neutral colors, not many accessories save for a watch and sometimes a necklace. I dress up a bit more for my boyfriend which means more skirts and clothes that are more fitted. So there's really nothing special about how I dress. It's just that the local "fashion" is so lazy and shittier basically you could wear any somewhat decent casual fit you see on here and still look better than 90% of the people where I live.
>>
>>10734525
Also to add to this I don't think I could dress to show that I'm fun or trendy because I am neither of those and have a reserved and unremarkable personality. So I guess it's like I don't want to dress terrible and cookie cutter yet don't really have much of a personality to inject into my clothing style so I end up dressing in lots of neutral and dark colors and probably look lazy for that. Anyone know what I mean?
>>
>>10734576
I know what you mean, family. I am in a similar situation, but no bf. :(
>>
>>10732845
I want my fit to draw attention away from itself, and towards my face and body.
I want it to say "Look at me, not my clothes."
>>
>>10732845
Molly is so attractive, I want to be her. I want her. I would kill myself for her even if she never knew who I was.
>>
>>10732884
what's the name of this haircut senpai
>>
Contemplative underwhelmist and probably nervous about speaking to you so please push past the social anxiety and think that I'm interesting and friendly. ~_~
>>
leave me alone
don't look at me
ignore me
>>
>>10732845
Most of my clothes are really dirty or torn up, so I guess that says I'm good with my hands or outdoorsy.
>>
>>10732845
Every outfit almost every person wears is designed to send the message "this is a man you want to fuck, but not a man you want to fuck with". Thing is, everyone has a vastly different interpretation of what will have that effect.

I need to work on my English...
>>
>>10732845
First picture of Molly which I find her attractive. She's usually very ugly looking.
>>
File: 1441274592388.jpg (35KB, 229x361px) Image search: [Google]
1441274592388.jpg
35KB, 229x361px
loli butts
>>
>>10732845
Leave me alone
>>
I am trying to minimize my ugliness to avoid offending your eyes.
>>
>>10734736
I feel you bro ;^(
>>
File: image.png (292KB, 684x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
292KB, 684x513px
>>10737302
I disagree family.
>>
>>10732845
im depressed but im also better than you
>>
File: 1438280294478.png (54KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438280294478.png
54KB, 200x200px
"my life has no reason, please pay attention to my expensive and strange looking clothes so i can reassure myself that at least people acknowledge me"
>>
File: image.jpg (757KB, 1200x1797px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757KB, 1200x1797px
>>10739068
That hits too close to home, anon.
>>
I'm a smartass artfag.
>>
>>10734714
The caucasian male
>>
>>10734736
uhuh
>>
I leave you alone, you leave me alone.
>>
That I'm a huge cocksucking faggot and I browse /fa/
>>
Nothing.

I just wear shit i like.
>>
>>10732845

I like memes

verycoolshirtz.com
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
School shooter

But really i just want people to acknowledge that i look good
Tfw it hasn't happened since i stopped being a dadcore cunt in high school
>>
>>10732883
kek
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.