[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying desperately to find black boots with the viberg / Alden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
Trying desperately to find black boots with the viberg / Alden kind of look that don't cost an arm and a leg. I found these Thursday boots which are $200 which is about as much as I could possibly spend, but I've heard there are some quality issues. Are there any similar kind of boots at this price or less that are any good or should I just go with these?
>>
>>10711591
finding good black boots is such a bitch

if you have some good thrift stores in your area you can look at them, it might take a while for them to get something good but it's worth a try

if you have a dealer in the area which sells solovair you could give them a shot

government issue or military surplus is always an option, though it really is tough to find something that looks good

best of luck, my old boots are starting to get a little bit too worn out so i'm gonna have to replace them sometime too
>>
>>10711761
I looked into solovair and the problem is that I'm also not a huge fan of the Doc look at all so it's further limiting
>>
>>10711591
For 200$, it'll be a gamble on how good the clicking is. You could end up with great leather, or leather that will grow unsightly. But this is a problem with most shoemakers below a certain pricepoint. I think the Thursdays would be suitable for you.
>>
>>10711591
Could try black Desert Malis or the black Chippewa Service boot
>>
File: boots.jpg (35KB, 736x613px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
35KB, 736x613px
Try Loakes there hand made and will last for ever apparently I have these in black
>>
>>10711591
honestly, look for used boots. Not even sale prices for vibergs/aldens will drop that low.
>>
File: ugghanenTL.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ugghanenTL.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
just got these
did i fuck up family?
>>
File: boots.png (109KB, 475x407px) Image search: [Google]
boots.png
109KB, 475x407px
Im looking for something like these (Roy Lace Boot Black Leather) but theres none of these in my size... Can anyone help a bro out?
>>
>>10712915
I'd get the Rookes' in a heartbeat if they were $100 less
>>
>>10711591
human scales, shoe the bear, royal republiq
>>
>>10712947
No m8. Good cop
>>
File: 78666.jpg (64KB, 800x665px) Image search: [Google]
78666.jpg
64KB, 800x665px
Pic related are Addison's. 1970ish cold weather Navy boots. I got mine for 70ish buck on ebay. I suggest you look into these before spending too much. Just got mine in the mail and they're already my favorite boots I've ever bought.
>>
>>10716545
the toe looks huge ca you post a fit pic
>>
File: army boots.jpg (334KB, 1552x873px) Image search: [Google]
army boots.jpg
334KB, 1552x873px
>>10716573
not this guy >>10716545 but some dude showed his pair last week. Its the same model I think. Toe bow isn't big at all, far from what you can see on RW IR or docs for exemple. Leather is thick and the shape is pretty thin depending on the size you choose (regular, wide, extra wide (=EE), ...). Very good cop for 70 bucks if brand new.
>>
>>10716624
This. For a steel toe, its actually quite slimming. I can't get a pic right now, but take >>10716624
word for it. These are ideal black boots, especially because they're made in the USA.
>>
>>10711591
Go check out Ariat riding boots.Might kinda fit the bill.

e.g. http://www.ariat.com/HERITAGE_III_LACE_M_FOO.html?dwvar_HERITAGE__III__LACE__M__FOO_color=BLACK#start=1
>>
>>10716637
>>10716624
Would you recommend to size down 1/2 or 1
>>
>>10716682
I'm a 10.5 and that's the exact size I bought. They fit perfectly. I lucked out though, the sole is brand new and it looks like they've never been worn before.
>>
>>10716682
>>10716687
I think exactly the same. Seems it fits true to size.
>>
>>10716703
Yep, I think because they're military issue boots, so they don't fuck around with sizing.

If you can't find those Addison's, check out Canadian parade boots. I was actually going to cop those, but came across the Addison's first.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.