[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just how effective is waxed cotton? can it repel rainstorm-tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

just how effective is waxed cotton?

can it repel rainstorm-tier downpour?
>>
Yep but the waxing needs to be reapplied occasionally
And you definitely have to hand wash it
I'd say go synthetic unless you insist on the rustic heritage look, not that there's anything wrong with that
I own a Bedale by the way
>>
>>10709860
is it suppose to repel water entirely or does it sort of "soak" the outside material?
>>
>>10709860
>>10709872

'cause, rain left a mark on mine though the water never reached the lining.
>>
File: RF_assault.jpg (67KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
RF_assault.jpg
67KB, 400x700px
Think of this jacket, hooded, Gore-Tex black fabric, with the clips that ACRNM uses on their bags instead of those brass clips.
>>
>>10709906
The jacket in the OP I mean
>>
>>10709906
>>10709908
what are you trying to say, m8
>>
>>10709929
It would just look cool
>>
pls
>>
>>10709978
I haven't had that issue dude
Maybe check REI or your preferred outdoors store for an aerosol that can weatherproof your jacket
>>
>>10710002
nevermind. it evaporated in like 15 minutes.

everything's dry
>>
>>10709872
Use your brain, and give yourself an answer you idiotic moron.
>>
>>10710031
You've never freaked out after almost ruining an expensive item of clothing?
>>
>>10709844

They can genuinely effective if you don't mind minor the maintenance. Own an Outback bomber, hadn't been used in a couple of decades until I found it. Picking it up for the first time reminded me of when they first took Utzi out of the ice, shit was DRENCHED in cotton wax.
>>
File: muh berb.jpg (128KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muh berb.jpg
128KB, 1000x1200px
>>10709844
I have six Barbour jackets, half of them waxed. Effectiveness all depends on how waxed the jacket is. My newly coated black Bedale doesn't give one fuck, when it comes to bad rain. The heritage Rexton, pictured, is very lightly waxed and dried, so it doesn't stand up to heavy rain that well.
>>
File: beaufort_2.jpg (990KB, 950x930px) Image search: [Google]
beaufort_2.jpg
990KB, 950x930px
Comfy.
>>
>>10709844
You have severe autism
>>
>>10710651
My god, shut the fuck up you autistic retard. "Comfy"
Fuck you.
If that and waterproofing is what you want just buy a columbia jacket or something.
Comfy is the most cringe justification for buying autistic clothing. LOOK GUISR I HAV UN AMERCUN FLAYG ON MUH CHEST
>>
File: 71.jpg (102KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
102KB, 900x900px
>>10710683
Comfy.
>>
>>10710806
that's a cool looking puppy
>>
>>10709844
let me tell you about waxed cotton. It's fucking great. never got any layer underneath mine wet, but yeah the coat itself will hold a little water, just dry it out. Now I love my goretex, but I tell you, I'm so glad I was wearing the wax jacket the other day in a little bike accident. A little scuffed, still keeps out the rain. Just rewax it and it's back to normal functioning. It's a great allrounder of a material that best of all, looks great with some wear and tear.
>>
>>10710904
Yah, pretty big pupper.
>>
>>10710806
Autistic.
>>
>>10709844
yes but you have to wax it every season or two to keep a workable layer on it,
and it smells and looks like dog piss after ahwile.

there is a reason why the nylon/ polyester "techwear" pieces of gotten much more popular in the last 30 years
>>
>>10712489
Sieg, what's your opinion on rubber coats?
>>
>>10712509
i think they should be avoided fashion wise

but if they're strictly for a function like working on a ship or something you should wear one
>>
>>10712524
Hey, ever thought about making your own clothing?
>>
What kind of wax do you guys use for rewaxing? I have a jacket that needs to be rewaxed but idk what to use.
>>
>>10712489
>you have to wax it every season or two to keep a workable layer on it,
>and it smells and looks like dog piss after ahwile.
wat. My wax always last for ages and doesn't smell of anything.
>>
File: a0107371_19543749.jpg (92KB, 553x368px) Image search: [Google]
a0107371_19543749.jpg
92KB, 553x368px
V E N T I L E B O I Z
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.