[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doc Martens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Logo-dr-martens.jpg (21KB, 558x319px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-dr-martens.jpg
21KB, 558x319px
I am about to spend some money buying a pair of vintage Doc Martens off of their website. The MEI boots apparently run tight due to the leather, but break in really well.

> I wear 10.5 US -- tips, advice, all inspo welcome.
>>
i love my docs
>>
>>10708503
I haven't had a pair yet, but they seem auspicious.
>>
>>10708541
i just got my first pair. i wear a size 9.5 and ordered a 10. they were too big so had to send them back and get a 9. this time they fit good. also got an insole to snug them up a bit more.
>>
>>10708580
Insole sounds like a good idea, I heard a lot of people wore multiple pairs of socks for the same reason.
>>
a uk10 would probably work for you, i am the same size and went uk10 for 1461 monos and they work perfectly
>>
Get a UK 8, use the balm they offer because it softens leather
>>
>>10708639
I don't think the balm would expand it two whole sizes, though. Unless you prefer really shiny shoes.
>>
Make sure to have plenty of plasters, I have a few docs and they tear the back of my ankle to shreds when I break them in.
Once they're work properly they're like slippers.
>>
>>10708674
What are plasters? Boot ankle protection? Lol
>>
>>10708674
Band aids
>>
>>10708719
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the tips.
>>
Wait so
Im thinking about copping a pair of 1461's. Im a 9.5(US) should I size up or down in them ?
>>
>>10710030
down
>>
>>10710063
Do you recommend going to just a 9 then?
thanks btw anon desu
>>
>>10710067
get us 9, which is uk 8
>>
doc martens pro tip incoming
don't buy them new senpai for real
my local op shop has fuckloads of used doc's in all the time, heaps of sizes as well. There is no reason to buy them new.

>Beaten up Doc's don't look plasticy and just look better in general
>They are already broken in
>90% of the ones I find are made in england
>They are cheaper

you can find them pretty easily on ebay as well
>>
>>10710077
>Beaten up Doc's don't look plasticy

the for life model doesnt look plastic like at all. very supple thick leather
>>
>>10710030
i wear 9.5 us and got 8 uk they fit good but if they offered half sizes i would prefer an 8.5

im glad i didnt get 9's cause that would be to big but their still kind of too small but not unwearably to small where they're uncomfortable. just like how you can wear a 9 us but a 9.5 is just better you know what i mean?
>>
>>10710067
>>10710097
make sure you try them on real good inside your house . dont wear them outside till you know if your going to keep them in case they dont fit and you want to send them back
>>
Has anyone gotten a forlife version? It seems to be different leather/build quality in addition to the warranty .
>>
>>10708594
I wore size 11 docs for almost 10 years, the same size for all my other boots. They all felt so big, but I figured that was sort of how they are supposed to fit. I always wore thick socks and laced them up as tight as I could. For my latest pair, I finally wisened up and ordered a size down.

The difference is amazing, people aren't joking when they say to order a size down. I don't know why, but docs feel a full size bigger than any other boot I have ever worn in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>10710114
I have two For Life boots. One in regular black Hardlife, the other in oxblood. The difference in leather is massive. It is much thicker and more flexible, and doesn't feel/look like plastic like the Chinese DMs. They feel exactly like the proper made in England 1460s that I bought in the 1990s. Sorry for shitty photo quality.
>>
>>10710198
Awesome thanks for the heads up.
>>
Just don't. I hate my mie docs, the leather patch for the heel is too thick and acts like a deli slicer on my tendon. I've had these boots for over 4 years and wear them every winter, I've taken a hammer to the boots in several places to soften the leather, they still feel like they're breaking in... I honestly want to get rid of them for $20.
>>
Doc Martens are pieces of shit.

Get some real boots like Wolverine 1000 Mile, Red Wings or Meerin or something with Goodyear Welt in general. just dont buy those overpriced boots for what they're worth.
>>
>>10711560
Confirmed for dunce who didn't buy the For Life / Made in England line.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.