[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here use Selsun shampoo? I have noticed since it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: selss.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
selss.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
Does anyone here use Selsun shampoo? I have noticed since it started getting cold outside that i am having bad dry scalp for the first time ever. I notice the white flakes in my hair and I went to the doctor and he recommended this stuff. Any thoughts or stories on this? Will it fuck my shit up guys?
>>
>>10688605
bump
>>
>>10688605
bump
>>
>>10688605

I have really terrible dry scalp, and the only things thats ever improved my condition was using a natural shampoo and conditioner without sulfates and with tea tree oil. In winter I still have mild itchiness but the flakes are gone. I use Jason Tea Tree shampoo. Most people don't know the dandruff shampoo theyre using is just filled with harsh chemicals thats making the condition worse.

The best thing about this approach is that it will work or it won't. It won't "fuck your shit up" in the process
>>
>>10689440
I knew head and shoulders was full of shit but I didnt think selsun blue was. Also how long till results?
>>
>>10689440
Selsun shampoo is a dandruff shampoo, so I guess that means it has harsh chemicals right? I normally have used suave moroccon oil shampoo
>>
>>10688605
bump
>>
>>10688605
I actually use selsun blue naturals. It takes care of my dandruff completely and never has given me any problems.
>>
>>10690828
Selsun blue naturals? Is that what's I'm the op pic? I bought what's in the op pic
>>
>>10690828
How many times a week do u use it? Do u condition aswell? Is your hair good? Is yer hair dry?
>>
File: sbn.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sbn.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>10690851
My shit looks like this.
I kind of don't like how it's runnier than normal selsun because of pouring/capping it but of course that doesn't matter in the end.
>>
>>10690857
I don't really have a routine. I would guess I use it about 3 or 4 times a week. I usually condition every day. I'm pretty sure my hair is pretty good from the feel of it. It definitely isn't dry.
>>
>>10690867
What do u condition with?
>>
>>10690861
Yeah it was that or the moisturizing one and I got the moisturizing one. I'm nervous to use it though for some reason. How long until I see results?
>>
File: dmr.jpg (10KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
dmr.jpg
10KB, 380x380px
>>10690869
This.
Works for me.
>>
>>10690873
I would bet you'd see results in like a week of daily use. Probably sooner to be honest.
I've been using it for quite a bit, and now I don't really have problems with dandruff at all even on the days I don't use it, but I know all cases are different.
>>
So much misinformation here. Anti-dandruff shampoos don't have harsh chemicals in them. They did a couple of decades ago but now they use less harsh chemicals that control the micro-organism make up of your scalp.

This myth appeared because people use anti-dandruff shampoo, see some results and then stop using it after a few weeks, which means the dandruff returns. They then stupidly blame it on the shampoo, although really the dandruff WOULD return upon ceasing use of the anti-dandruff shampoo because in many people it is a chronic condition until the root cause of it is addressed.
>>
>>10690901
Because anti-dandruff shampoos only help while you're using them, they don't eliminate the problem, you need to get rid of it using other ways.
>>
>>10690878
Is that one of those no sulfate things?
>>
>>10690901
It just started for me a bit over a month ago when it started getting cold. But it never happened before. Any idea why?
>>
>>10688605
Op here, the dry skin I have on my head its really everywhere on my body not just my scalp. Any clue why?
>>
>>10691189
Do you take hot ass showers?
>>
>>10691220
Not super hot no
>>
>>10691230
I just noticed its dry everywhere, now my question is, will dandruff shampoo help my hair or make me reliant on it for the rest of my life?
>>
>>10691405
bump
>>
>>10691405
Don't see how it'll make you reliant. Either it'll help or it won't.

This isn't fucking rocket science dude.
>>
i use this shit. it's great.

pretty fockin expensive tho.
>>
>>10691795
Sorry i just get nervous
>>
please stop bumping jesus christ
go spend $5 on the fucking shampoo
>>
>>10692403
I am trying to get thoughts and opinions
>>
just use the shit i don't see the problem
>>
>>10692500
I just wana know how often or how long till i see results
>>
>>10692596
bump
>>
>>10688605
Selsun blue is not for dry scalp.

If you are sure its just dry scalp then you need to condition your scalp. Use a gentle shampoo. After showering pat your hair dry, then apply a dallop of coconut oil to your fingertips and work it into your scalp.

The oils in coconut oil are some of the only real moisturizing kinds out there. They readily bind to the proteins in the hairs and absorb into the skin.
>>
>>10692818
get a load of this guy
>>
>>10692818
Dry hair and dandruff are literally the same thing
>>
>>10692896
This
>>
>>10692818
Pat my hair dry? I kinda put the towel though it like crazy. Do u think the selsum would hurt me though? I do have just dry scalp with a tad of itchiness. All doctors I've asked say its fine along with 2 pharmacists. I just dont want any adverse effects from this shit. I am a worrier sorry if I'm annoying just trying to get help
>>
>>10692896
Not even close man

Dry scalps can and do sometimes produce dry flakes.

Dandruff on the other hand is a failure of the skin layer to keratinize fast enough for an overactive skin production layer. The failure to keratinize makes the scalp slough off in clumps.
>>
>>10693186
Yes, just dry it lightly, you still want your hair moist to help the coconut oil work in.

You can buy fractionated coconut oil in the vitamin aisle which is a liquid at room temperature. I find this is easier for my clients to apply.
>>
>>10693188
Well when I put my hand through my hair just some dead skin falls out just how I would do with my stomach or chest. I am dry everywhere, I just was told the moisturizing selsun blue could help me. I just want it fixed man
>>
File: Snapchat--9066242251348601957.jpg (197KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--9066242251348601957.jpg
197KB, 720x1280px
>>10693216
Pic related
>>
>>10693216
Then go buy the Blue if you want.

Im a barber by trade and I sell coconut oil in my shop. Usually no one will believe me that simple coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and makes your hair richer and fuller.

I apply it to anyone's scalp that's dry, or who have flat hair. Works every time.

I even use it as a skin moisturizer and personal lube.
>>
>>10693248
Yeah I believe you man absolutely I am just incredibly poor and got this stuff but I haven't used it yet. Just wanted to know if it could cure my dry scalp by using it once or twice a week
>>
>>10693268
No shampoo will "cure" your dry scalp.

Dry scalp is a function of shampoos that strip off natural oils from the hair and scalp, dry air, and the ability/inability of the glands to replace this lost moisture.

The oils that "moisturizing" shampoos use are not 'natural' and therfor undindimg to the soap portions of the shampoo. These oils dont physically bind or penetrate the hair or scalp. They just sit on the surface doing nothing to the skin and hair.

Coconut oil, along with other natural oils do penetrate them. Coconut oil is lighter, less greasy, and absorbs the best out of all the natural oils out there.

After a week of use your hair and scalp will be fucking amazing
>>
if you got dandruff then try this. its allot stronger than selsun blue and it works the first time you use it, plus its cheap. if you try it then make fucking sure you massage it in your scalp good (with finger tips , not nails) and let it sit in your hair for about 10 minutes , or else it wont work (i like to wet my hair, apply the shampoo and let it sit for 10 min while i wash my body with soap). doesnt leave your hair dry or anything either and you can use it as often as youd like.
>>
>>10693289
Maybe I should get this then, do u use it every day? I have thick longer hair, will i still be able to get it to the scalp?
>>
The real question is, the selsun blue wont hurt me will it? Like it wont make my hair worse than it is?
>>
>>10694575
Or how will i know when I dont need it anymore?
>>
>>10694913
Bump
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.