[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell if this is dandruff or dry scalp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Snapchat-8988932467193568035.jpg (244KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8988932467193568035.jpg
244KB, 720x1280px
How can I tell if this is dandruff or dry scalp?
>>
>>10675174
im going to vomit.
>>
>>10675174
THE GIMP IS BACK
>>
File: Snapchat-3198176339691804021.jpg (238KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3198176339691804021.jpg
238KB, 720x1280px
>>10675174
Second pic
>>
>>10675190
bump
>>
Common misconception: people think dry scalp causes flakes.

If you have dry scalp then you simply feel an itch. Skin might be red etc. but you wont see flakes. Dandruff comes in two different version: dry and oily dandruff. Judging by the picture you have dry dandruff because of small white flakes and probably fall from your head. Oily dandruff usually appears yellowish and the flakes are pretty damn sticky.

Before you go there: dont use Head and Shoulders you handicapped nigger. Get a soft cleansing shampoo. Eucerin Creme Shampoo is pretty damn good. No aggressive sulfates or chemicals, no silicon, pretty passive shampoo.
>>
File: ion.jpg (6KB, 73x266px) Image search: [Google]
ion.jpg
6KB, 73x266px
>>10675265
Just bought this, will it help? So I have dry dandruff? Should I use the same conditioner? Like I have this shampoo but in conditioner form too. I just started using it and it has became worse I think. I cannot prove it though
>>
File: ion2.png (213KB, 172x618px) Image search: [Google]
ion2.png
213KB, 172x618px
>>10675308
>>10675265
this stuff have no sulfate either. The conditioner is really thick and weird though, never cleaned my hair with anything like this before. could the conditioner be causing more of this dandruff?
>>
>>10675308
I have no idea. Dandruff is different for anyone, shampoos in particular. I would probably go for a shampoo and skip the conditioner, unless your hair feels really dry. You scalp already is sensitive, so using multiple products probably wont make it any better.

Just try out stuff and give it some time. A shampoo cant really get rid of the problem after a day or even a week. It needs to re-establish a neutral pH value. Unless of course your using H&S. That gets rid of dandruff in like 2 days because it just destroys your head.
>>
>>10675316
Really appreciate the advice man, thanks so much. So okay just the shampoo then. Anything else I should do to make it look better?? Should I really scrub that bitch in the shower to get any other flakes off?
>>
>>10675326
Nah, the shampoo should get rid of almost all the flakes already. They simply will re-appear after your hair dried. Just brush it a couple times a day, will help your scalp.

On a different note: dry dandruff is really common in winter. There are a shit ton of people who ONLY have it in winter.
>>
>>10675334
So just brushing it out during the day will help it stay gone? I have never had this problem before so this is new to me and kind of scary because it looks terrible.
>>
>>10675340
>will help it stay gone
No it wont. Dandruff exists because your scalp is creating too much oil and sheds healthy skin before its necessary to do so. Thats where the flakes come from. It just dead skin.

This shit can have five trillion reasons. Bad diet, cold and dry air, stress, hormones, aggressive shampoo that got rid of the oils, silicons that fucked up your pores etc. Borderline impossible to tell what the reason is. Thats why dandruff shampoos (especially the cheap ones) dont get rid of the problem. They simply serve as a band-aid and then as soon as you stop using them its worse than ever before. Good shampoos try to get rid of the problem, but that obviously takes longer than just wiping the head clean, removing all the oils and fucking up the pores.

Thats basically what H&S does. It gets rid of the oils, fucks the pores with silicons. Problem is that your scalp now produces oils differently which results in greasy hair after 24 hours and throws you into a vicious cycle. Once you used it you need to keep using it or your hair looks greasy after a day and the flakes come back.

Brushing only increases the probability that it will get better. Its not a guarantee.
>>
>>10675355
shit i havent showered since yesterday and my hair is incredibly greasy now omfg
>>
>>10675355
It is really cold here, my diet is okay I eat no sweets, I am always hydrated, im not really stressed. Ive used the same shampoo for a long time until last week when I bought the ion stuff. I need to beat this because I cannot go out in public looking like this
>>
>>10675355
Update I washed it with the shampoo and its obviously a bit better but you can still see it like in the hair and its disgusting. I'm running out of ideas
>>
File: Snapchat--1525173692357452161.jpg (321KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--1525173692357452161.jpg
321KB, 720x1280px
Which one should I get?
>>
>>10676489
Bump
>>
>>10676538
Just try one, it's only $7.
>>
king kongor??
>>
>>10677636
I got the one on the left, but when I got home I read a bunch of the amazon responses and they arent all that great. Some people say hairloss some people say it made it worse etc. Fuck my fucking life, can I just go to the doctor and have him tell me exactly what to do? Fuck this god damn bullshit, i never had it till a few weeks ago now it looks absolutely fucking terrible and it itches.
>>
Shave your head.

Im not talking some panzy ass use a Wahl clipper with no gaurd and call it a day bullshit.

Clip it short, and shave it smooth with a razor.

Dandruff in all its causes is from new skin growing faster than the top layers can karatinize.

Shaving works by scraping the top layers of the skin helping to slough off the dead cells.

People with dandruff when they first shave will have red sploches and patches of raw skin on their scalp. Its irritating and a bit painful, but a layer of coconut oil will help keep the raw skin moist and relatively itch free.

Start by shaving every third day, skipping two days between shaves. After 2 or 3 weeks you'll be able to shave every other day, then finally every day without irritation.

After you have no signs of irritation, wait a month or two while still shaving every day before growing your hair back out.

The daily exfoliation will help your scalp recover from the incessant irritation that dandruff causes. The light exposure and dry scalp will bring any fungal infection under control and help keratinize the skin.

My boyfriend had the worst dandruff Id ever seen even with medicine shampoos. You could pick large flakes out like scabs. After shaving it went away. He shaved for two years before getting tired of it and growing his hair back out, 4 or 5 years on and no sign of the dandruff coming back.
>>
can you people stop posting yr fucked up scalps and go to a doctor or s/t please i dont deserve this
>>
My friend has this thing where he doesn't use shampoo When thing he showers. Whats the worst that can happen?
>>
>>10677755
???
>>
>>10677755

>never heard of nopoo

fucking leave newfag
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.