[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do drawing and theater kids always dress like shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (315KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315KB, 1280x855px
What is it about a drawing or theater class that attracts unstylish people. Of course there are exceptions but for the most part they just don't care or wear cringey outfits that they think looks good.
(Picture not related)
>>
>>10667432
>kids
Either you're underage, or your mind is the color of television, tuned to a dead station.
>>
>>10667458
By kids I just mean students. That's just what we called them in high school and college. Did I offend you because you took theater or drawing.
>>
>>10667466
90% of everybody dont give a shit what they wear
>>
fuck off
theater kid here
not majoring in it, but do it constantly
>>
>>10667432
Because they care more about their craft then how they look. Most artists/designers are in their own little world.

I went to an art college.
You could distinguish different majors just by they way everyone dressed.

Computer Animation majors were the worst.
Interior Design were prob. the best dressed.
>>
http://anonmous.net/
>>
Photography students dress the best.
>>
>>10667487

I have the hugest crush on a girl that's in theater, tell me your secrets.

How important is acting ability to you in the people you are friends with?

Do you act as fictional characters in everyday conversations to make it more interesting? Do you find yourself doing more expressive eye movements and stuff?

How deep is the average cast member, like do they understand the symbolic and analogical significance of their character and change their acting in response? Also do you do that thing where you try to imagine a situation that reminds you of the same emotion the character is feeling?

Also what's your favorite play?
>>
>>10667432
They dress stylishly, its just 2deep4u.
>>
File: img_7732.jpg (85KB, 637x637px) Image search: [Google]
img_7732.jpg
85KB, 637x637px
>>
File: q2q-95.png (188KB, 940x333px) Image search: [Google]
q2q-95.png
188KB, 940x333px
>>10667506
I'm a production student so I usually stick with other production and design students, but you sound autistic and I would stay far away from you. Or you'd get along just fine with the first year musical theatre students who are all on the same spectrum as you.
If you're interested in theatre, bring up shows that you've seen, plays you've read. Brecht is always an interesting topic to bring up, and if you want dick jokes, start talking shakespeare.
If you like this girl, go see her fucking perform, take her to an improv night or a show that's going on. Honestly most people in my department say the same thing and that is that any of our friends outside of theatre barely have an understanding and don't give a shit about it. It's kind of disheartening so even showing that you're interested means a lot sometimes.
>>
>>10667545
>Brecht is always an interesting topic

I'll find one of his plays to read, thanks. Any recommendation?

>barely have an understanding

It seems really insular. Without already knowing people or taking classes, all I can do is read plays. But that doesn't cover production at all.
>>
>>10667506
Act normal. In a play, actors and actresses kind of grow attached to their character and form a bond. Joke around, call her by the name of a character she's been. Don't worry about not being a theater kid. A lot of theater kids don't just like theater, we like other stuff too. Theater and music are close knit communities. I'd encourage you to try out for a play she's considering, anon. I'm not sure what my favorite play is though tbqhwy pham.
>>
>>10667432
Who is this semon demon
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (43KB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
43KB, 300x332px
>>10667432
Often times they don't follow trends just cuz they are "lame", they more just follow their style which i love.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.