[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handkerchiefs are pretty handy. But are they fedora-tier? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: handkerchief_19682_lg.gif (100KB, 617x1024px) Image search: [Google]
handkerchief_19682_lg.gif
100KB, 617x1024px
Handkerchiefs are pretty handy. But are they fedora-tier? Would it be /fa/ to offer a woman a handkerchief if she needed one?
>>
My father taught me to always bring 2.
One for you and Another for her.
>>
>>10653469
ohh that's nice idea. absolutely /fa/, is she is not a whore/bitch
>>
>>10653540
if
>>
handkerchiefs are probably a bit much now, i mean i've always got 2 tissues on me, but they're better because i can always get 2 more rather than having to actually wash them, if i'm in mcdonalds or something i'll just pick up 2 more. Not as /fa/ but still cute to have a spare, and i don't have to spend money / effort
>>
I've actually been considering carrying a handkerchief now since bathrooms are made by cunts who think blow dryers work, and if they do they blow out my skin and ears
>>
>>10654981
>if i'm in mcdonalds or something i'll just pick up 2 more
those are called napkins, not tissues you retard and they are totally different.

i would totally laugh my ass off and walk away if a guy handed me a mcdonalds napkin to sneeze in or whatever
>>
>>10655028
they're the same thing, you must be autistic to be offended by something as minute as that. Do you offer handkerchiefs to mi'lady?
>>
>>10655028
Die. Please just die.
>>
>>10653469
yeah I have one got it for free at burger king, I offered one for this cute girl but she declined out of politeness I believe...what a gentle lady, a dying race perhaps
>>
>>10656463

this:>>10655028

is how 99% of sane people would respond. luckily you don't have to talk to any of them thanks to your animu vidya
>>
>>10656534
i broke up with my Russian/American/Spanish girlfriend last week, i'm going out on a date with some girl better than that allstar combo. I think my tissue techniques are fine, i think you care too much about blowing your noses and other people blowing theirs.
>>
>girl sneezes
>"oh h-here take this"
>pulls out crusty but somehow damp hankerchief
>"I brought it just for you"

Nah doesn't sound fedora tier at all
>>
>>10656534
>>10655028

samefag
>>
I keep one in my pocket as a wipe for my hands or phone screen. It's a habit that has been engrained into me by my grandparents. It's handy, but I wouldn't go so far as to offer it to a woman. It would have been acceptable to do that maybe 50 years ago, but I think that people are cynical towards small signs of generosity nowadays.

Are they fedora tier? Only if you make them that way.

And for God's sake, wash these things regularly.
>>
File: code.png (9KB, 256x328px) Image search: [Google]
code.png
9KB, 256x328px
>>10653469

Let this handy guide help you in finding the most effay handkerchief.
>>
>>10653485
lmao he was a gay
>>
>>10653469
yes they are (imagine offering a woman one in 2015... just imagine it, then consider asking that retarded, inane question)
-handkerchief
-zippo lighter
-flask
-bowtie
-cigars anywhere outside a wedding near older people
-pipes
-cigarette cases
-suspenders
-pocket watches
all fedora core...
im sure there are many many more, but these immediately come to mind
>>
>>10654981
>being in mcdonalds
>thinking you're fashionable
try again fatass media victim
>>
>>10656885
What's wrong with Zippo lighters? They're re-usable and nice looking.
>>
>>10656885
>flask
how else do you sneak booze into a festival dickhead?
>Cigar
What about hanging with mates?
>pipes
Great for pulling a cone when you can't use a bueg
>Cigarette cases
What if you roll ciggies and dont want to bring your pouch?
>pocket watches
but then what will you match to your monocle and cane?
>>
>>10653469
If you listen to /fa/, even tying your shoelaces is fedora-tier. Just do whatever you want and stop worrying about whether a bunch of neo-goth school kids think it's cool or not.

You're unlikely to need to offer a handkerchief to a woman though, because practically every woman carries a packet of tissues in her handbag. Carry one for yourself or not at all.
>>
>>10657143
if you're trying to sneak booze in you're obviously not going to use a flask you fucking idiot, a container purpose-made for booze

also we're not arguing that they aren't useful, just that it's a bit unfashionable to be prepared for every fucking eventuality, nobody goes to work with a sleeping bag in case they get tired, because it's retarded, and all of those things you listed are similar
>>
>>10657143
>rolling cigarettes
>>
>>10656987
Bics are reusable too, fucktit.
Youre not a hardened 1920s detective, and if you were, youd wear a fedora.
>>
>>10658876
What is it about the Zippo that makes it fedorable? Be specific. 1920s era detective characters are hardly relevant in this day and age, so there's no point in bringing them up.
>>
>>10659038
it's OTT

just like how wearing 5 chains is OTT
>>
>>10659244
Fair enough. It's an elegant solution to a simple problem. Some Zippos with fanciful engravings can be described as overkill.
>>
>>10653469
Just paper tissue is waaay better. It's only used once and therefore clean, you don't "borrow" them, they can take in much more dirt and water, the rough surface is better for stain removal.

Carry a hankerchief if you like - but use it once and it gets disgusting (for modern standards).
>>
>>10659038
Answered your own question.
Not relevant today, zippos are not relevant today.
>>
There's a lot of uses for a handkerchief or a bandana instead of just for sneezing or to wipe tears off. You can use it mask your face for concealment or pollution. You can use like a bandage or a tourniquet. If you just so happen to run out of toilet paper, you can use your bandana as a last resort too. I mean, if you're gonna get the satin pocket square just for that one time when a southern belle is bawling her tears and you just so happen to be in the area like conveniently another Nicholas Sparks book, which is never, then yeah it's pretty fedora-tier.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.