[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Popped into Allen Edmonds at the mall and got these. Planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Popped into Allen Edmonds at the mall and got these. Planning a semester in Paris followed by a year in Barcelona. Figure I can wear these with socks in cold Paris and without socks in warm Barcelona.

inb4 dadcore. I'm just trying to fit the part of a wealthy American WASP
>>
what exactly is the question
>>
>>10636087
Oh right. My question is whether anyone has experience with high-end loafers.
>>
>>10636099
lurk more
>>
>>10636099
>AE
>High end
u wot m8
>>
>>10636125
Yes, high end. Unless you want to get into obscure Milan designers, AE is solidly high end and sells things in the price and quality range as you'd find in places like Le Bon Marché. Speaking of which I was there recently, bought some obscure French brand shoes (Vaneau) and the most expensive shoes were Church which were about 600 dollars.
>>
>>10636099

AE is actually considered low end on the shoe spectrum.

They are miles above mall tier, which is why everyone considers them high end for their first pair of non plastic shoes.
>>
>>10636144
You're comparing apples to oranges when you're thinking of Allen Edmonds and Italian designer shoes.
>>
File: 1445357199461.png (275KB, 688x478px) Image search: [Google]
1445357199461.png
275KB, 688x478px
>>10636138
I don't know much about these types of shoes and from a little bit of research, I can already tell you allen edmonds is NOT high end. Still, they're pretty good from what I hear, a step up from shit like cole haans.

That being said, I want to buy pic since they're having a sale but they sold out in my size, sucks
>>
>>10636155
That's like saying an apartment overlooking central park is NOT high end because the apartments in Saudi Arabia overlooking the Kaaba are more expensive.
>>
>>10636159
You just don't get it. And quit using bad analogies.
>>
>>10636138
They're low end because, cost wise, they're at the very bottom of the dress shoe chain. There is nothing cheaper worth buying. They're still good shoes.
>>
>>10636166
You're the one pontificating about a subject you admittedly know little about. I spend a good 10 minutes comparing a 650 euro pair of Church oxfords and my 385 AEs. The difference in quality of leather and craftsmanship is negligible, though I did see some 300~ euro shoes where it was quite noticeable.
>>
>>10636185
What you're getting with the higher priced shoes isn't necessarily about the quality of the materials (particularly with calf skin). Beyond the mid level range of say, John Lobb, you're paying for bespoke, handwork, and finishing. Whether these things are worth it to you is the determiner of whether you spend more on shoes.
>>
>>10636174
Carmina.

Better, too.

Then you have the more expensive brands like Santoni, Gaziano&Girling, Yohei Fukuda, John Lobb, Edward Green etc...
>>
>>10636218
Cool. How is that a response what what I said?
>>
>>10636205
Not the guy you're replying to, but anyway: quality of material can differ even between brands that buy from the same tannery. The difference comes from the fact that some producers only use a very small, perfect piece of leather and chuck away the rest, while the other uses the entire piece of leather.

>themoreyouknow.jpg
>>
>>10636230
You said there's nothing cheaper worth buying. I proved you wrong.

You're welcome.

>what what, in your butt
>>
As far as status goes, AE are low end, but as far as the quality goes, they're about as good as you can get without paying significantly more for name brands with massively diminished returns.

Are these all of these brands considered higher quality >>10636205? Yes

Are they worth two-five times as much as AE shoes? No

Do normies even recognize any of these brand names? No

Does anyone besides you even care about whether you're wearing mall tier shoes or $1k+ shoes? No

Are you going to get laid or get a better job because of your shoes? No

Are you going to be better dressed than 99% of men just by buying your shoes from any place other than the mall? Yes
>>
>>10636237
John Lobb, Santoni, Gaziano and Girling, Yohei Fukada, and Edward Green are absolutely not cheaper than AE. Carmina is around the same price range.

Did you just list a bunch of brands thinking I wouldn't know how they were situated in the market?
>>
this is why no one ever talks about menswear on /fa/ - it draws out even more sperginess than usual desu
>>
>wearing shoes without socks

Disgusting.
>>
>>10636468
Menswear suffers the same problem as all fashion on /fa/—trend hopping chipsters either have no money, no sense, or neither.
>>
>>10636280
I only meant Carmina is cheaper, which it sometimes is. I even specifically said the other brands were more expensive. And I only brought them up to prove your point about AE being on the low-end cost wise.

>lr2read
>>
File: Typical fa poster.jpg (83KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
Typical fa poster.jpg
83KB, 500x511px
>>10636268
>Are they worth two-five times as much as AE shoes? No

lrn2capitalism

>>10636268
>Does anyone besides you even care about whether you're wearing mall tier shoes or $1k+ shoes? No

Does anyone even care about you?

lmao man, ever heard of a hobby/interest? what are you even doing here?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.