[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you afford your wardrobe ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1439562927031.png (32KB, 851x582px) Image search: [Google]
1439562927031.png
32KB, 851x582px
How do you afford your wardrobe ?
>>
>>10634689
suck a lot of dick
>>
Save little by little through the month. Don't buy that cup of coffee, or buy that stupid black light lava lamp at goodwill. Always save for the next raf piece. Always for raf. Anything for raf
>>
i wish i knew how to be successful
>>
Literally just buy what you can afford. Maybe save up for a few bigger designer pieces like sneakers or outerwear. Don't get trapped into the idea that if it's not expensive it's shit. Just when picking out cheaper items make sure they don't "look" cheap and that the quality is good enough to withstand wear.
>>
>>10634701
where does your income come from ?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 700x933px
>>10634689
I spend almost all my money on clothes when I receive my salary, then I struggle with what's left
>tfw when my wishlist worth more than I'll ever earn
>idk why I keep looking for pieces to buy even though I don't have the money to buy 1% of what I marked
>I think I'm just happy with the thought of acquiring something, I don't need to buy it, just seeing and saving it
>I've enough clothes anyway
>am I compulsive or just a fashion lover
>>
>>10634712

raf
>>
my dad pays for it basically, i can spend two, three thousand a month and he won't even ask what i did with the money.
>>
>>10634733
JESUS
>>
File: hwang jung eum.jpg (50KB, 640x352px)
hwang jung eum.jpg
50KB, 640x352px
Salvation Army, Salvation Army usually what I'm dressed in
>>
>>10634712
I work at goodwill for 9.50 an hour. Also flip Shitty clothes on the side. Selling Pendleton flannels on eBay for like 50 when I get them for 10. It's whatever
>>
>>10634733
That's crazy
>>
Went to college and got a job. Grow up anon
>>
>>10634689
working
>>
I save about $100 a week for new clothing and replacement clothing.

You'd think that would add up, but it gets eaten up really quickly.

I do this to limit impulse buying and to stop myself from buying retarded fad shit that I know I won't like in a year or so.
>>
daddy's cc
>>
Donating plasma + thrifting
>>
Work a pretty dull job that pays $600/week and live at home.

Only outgoings are booze and clothes 2bh.
>>
>>10634689
I live with my parents and have no life outside of my job since school.

I work a lot of hours since I know I wont have plans and I dont pay any bills besides my gas so I have loads of extra $$$
>>
>>10634689
I'm Native American so I don't get taxed, all the money I make is gross income if I work commission/contract
>>
>>10634774
I don't like your attitude
>>
>>10634727
Addicted is the right word i guess
>>
With my job
>>
>>10635035

I thought it was only money you make while living on the res of a federally recognized tribal group/nation that doesn't get taxed.

r u tellin me you don't get taxed on anything no matter what?
>>
>>10634689
Trust fund. Allowed about $2,300 a week. Generally I will put the entire sum into savings towards paying for my eventual children's college or retirement. But it is very convenient to have $10,000 in an account to just spend whenever I want that I can replenish very quickly with no effort.

I still have a job though because that money isn't enough to cover rent and the monthly cost of my parking spot under the Boston commons.
>>
>>10636914
It depends from tribe to tribe and if you're in Canada/U.S.A.
I do women's fashion design so technically all of my work is 'reservation' based even though I don't work or live on the reservation.
desu it's fucking disgusting how much we injuns can make if we actually do make it off the rez.
I also have to criticize it as a system because it just leads to brain drain on reservations
>>
>>10636934

> $2,300 a week
> isn't enough to cover rent

what a horrible problem that must be for you. aww you even got a job? do you wanna live like common people?
>>
retail discount helps, so i have a base wardrobe that will last for a long-ass time. yeah AA/uniqlo isn't all that but i already look better than the average person so that helps. once i archive my final form via PS i'll have extra $ to spruce it up
>>
>>10636951
oop
>achieve
>>
I work at a high end retail store, I am good friends with other people that work at other high end stores and there's also nearby the mall where nothing but retail workers hang out and chill.

Needless to say, I have access to employee discounts and the place I work at I always make more than what I really need.
>>
>>10636960
and there's also a bar* nearby the mall
>>
>>10636949
You are aware that $119,000 a year is not really enough to cover expenses in a city like Boston? It makes perfect sense that he went out and got a job.
>>
>>10634733
patrician
>>
>>10634689
making double digits an hour washing dishes, it's shit work but I've never had so much money to spend on clothes before
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.