[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corporate Fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: corporate.jpg (82KB, 762x362px) Image search: [Google]
corporate.jpg
82KB, 762x362px
Why do you have to shave to be accepted in a serious corporate environment?
>>
File: XfwoF.jpg (294KB, 2700x2025px) Image search: [Google]
XfwoF.jpg
294KB, 2700x2025px
whats' wrong with this at work?

corporate grooming culture can be some fucked up shit
>>
If you're going to put on a dress shirt you need to shave first

It's not up for discussion man
>>
>>10629865
yeah it is, that's why we are discussing it
>>
>>10629872
Lol where do you work
If you don't agree with a company's philosophy then find another job man
>>
>>10629816
Not all serious corporate environments require you to be clean shaven. I work at Zara and we are allowed to have full beards. Don't listen to these idiots saying that you need to shave. Beards are a sign of power and masculinity, both of those traits are required to climb the corporate ladder.
>>
>>10629887
Herbert Freehils, a corporate lawfirm office in Melbourne. desu, in the US i think it's more progressive, but in Australia, corporate culture seems to be stuck in the late last century. Luckily I only have a few more weeks to go on this exchange. I get really bad acne if I have to shave all of the time. When I stop shaving, my skin is just fine.

I just don't see why shaving for work is a thing. Why is it perceived in the western business culture as more professional? When did the beard get phased out? Was it because somebody who was jealous because they couldn't grow what they thought was a proper beard decide to sway everyone into thinking no one should have a beard? Does it have to do with perceived discipline or lack thereof? Conformity? I find it to be quite ridiculous telling people whether or not they are allowed to have facial hair if they want to work somewhere.
>>
>>10629915
The beard phased out in the 20th century when people started paying more serious attention to hygiene, beards are just not as hygienic, they hide the face, they are a common feature of brown (uncivilized) people and they say you don't have the dedication to shave every day, they're opposite to the business formal aesthetic and the corporate world. Just shave and talk to your dermatologist about acne treatment
>>
>>10629946
shaving aint natural
>>
>>10630356
and it makes men look more feminine. the only reason >>10629915 thinks it's a feature of "brown people" is because of the rise of islamist fundamentalist extremist terrorism in the last 20 odd years, and has been conditioned by the media.

men of all races, even asian, can and do grow beards in one shape or another if they stop shaving. imo everyone should be able to rock their natural look if they choose. but pressuring society to conform to a look is retarded.
>>
File: hairy_woman_armpit_photo[1].jpg (35KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
hairy_woman_armpit_photo[1].jpg
35KB, 300x449px
>>10630370
Yeah bro natural look is what it's all about
>>
File: img_2805.jpg (171KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
img_2805.jpg
171KB, 740x740px
Do you really think this looks professional matey
>>
why can't you have tattoos on your face & be accepted in a corporate environment

these are the questions we have to wrestle with
>>
>>10630396
i'd rather have someone who's competent, and bearded, than someone who's incompetent, but makes up for it with the popular illusion of competence by being "clean cut". that beard isn't even trimmed though. see how it's all scraggly?

>>10630381
nice logical fallacy. however, you are right. i find more aesthetics in a natural look than a modified one

the nazis started this trend.
>>
>>10630426
Okay so now you're saying that a beard is acceptable if it's "trimmed". What if they're incapable of growing a full beard? What if the cheeks are super patchy?
>>
>>10630429
i'm saying if someone tells them to shave because their beard isn't fully in, the person being told should not be forced to obey them.
>>
>>10630396
Nothing looks good on fat people
>>
>>10630432
Why are you even working in a law firm?

>i find more aesthetics in a natural look than a modified one

Will you silk for a Supreme Court trial? That doesn't seem like a natural aesthetic
>>
>>10629816

You can compensate for it by wearing a conservative well fitting suit, Though forget about any man buns
>>
You can have a short beard or a 5'o clock shadow in a corporate environment without standing out.

t. investment banker
>>
>>10629816

i work at a big4 corporate with lots of IB folks

as a rule: the only people where everyone is obsessed with their clothes are accountants. the more you move into specialized fields, the less people care (counts for both IB/IT).

what you wear only matters when you have client contact, and here it mainly depends on the type of client you get. old, private banks = conservative dress, clean shaven etc. If the client are IT guys or mathematicians then they dont care, so typically the partners involved dont care what you wear.

generally, juniors vastly overestimate the importance of clothing. people get promoted because of their skills and business they bring in, not because the way they dress. i know MDs and partners that dress like hobos.
>>
>>10630720
addendum: also, it is usually the fitness most corporate folks should work on if they want to be seen in a more professional light - not so much their "fashion".
>>
File: deanfarranthsfcomLGS.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
deanfarranthsfcomLGS.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
>>10629915
is dis u
>>
>>10629915
>cant even spell the name of his own employer

sure you do.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.