[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colors. Colors everywhere.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Red pill me on the relationship between color and fashion.

-Why does Fred meyers not sell yellow shirts?

-Why are red cars more likely to be pulled over for speeding?

-Why are jeans blue?

-Do workmen wear orange because it's easy to see?

-A black hat and a red shirt and blue jeans says something different than a red hat and a black shirt and blue jeans.

-Don't even get me started on underwear or multi colored clothing. That's day two.
>>
are you asking or do u have the answers senpai i need to know too
>>
>red pill me
Not when you phrase it that autistically
>>
>>10607336
>-Why does Fred meyers not sell yellow shirts?
yellow is a disgusting color for clothing. its really hard to get it to pair well with skin tones.

>-Why are red cars more likely to be pulled over for speeding?
a bold, vibrant color will always appear to be moving quicker than a dark or muted color. other colors tend to meld together into the background.

>-Why are jeans blue?
why not?

>-Do workmen wear orange because it's easy to see?
see your car question above. similar thing applies here.
obnoxious colors are spotted easily.
>>
>>10607345
OP here, I'm thinking that the clothing you wear represents what you have an overabundance of.

The sun is yellow and represents life, warmth, courage and hospitality. Thus if you wear a yellow shirt you are saying that you are a good, comfortable person and would share this abundance with others, just as the sun does.

Now, clothing expires after a time. The cotton gets old and frayed so you have to buy a new shirt. Facebook did a study on altering the emotions of its users through control of news feeds, so maybe Fred Meyers is doing the same. Maybe in five years they won't be selling any green shirts but have plenty of yellows.

That would be my response to the first.
>>
>>10607351
Even autistics need to dress themselves. Don't be a prude.
>>
>>10607336
>Why are jeans blue?

Well I actually can answer that. Jeans are blue because they come from workwear worn by Frenchmen (hence "Jean", like the name). The "bleu de travail" had been worn by people since centuries, and was basically rought, woven cotton, sometimes waxed for construction workers and more or less bleached/distressed by aging. It was dyed with woad, the "european indigo". As for why, this plant was though to be of luck and help wounds heal, from what I came to understand.

>being a /fa/bric nerd
sorry family
>>
>>10607365
Please explain the rationale behind pairing clothing with your skin tone. I thought the general idea was to make your clothing stand apart from you, just as you stand apart from your surroundings.

Why do you use the word obnoxious instead of the word vibrant?
>>
>>10607379
Never apologize to your family for being who you are. Your family raised you to be the way you are.

I never considered waxing my jeans- it would help keep me warm, dry and lightweight during these cold, wet foggy NW winters. Thanks for the history.
>>
>>10607336
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>10607401
best meme
>>
Maybe I should simplify this.

What the colors mean to me:
Green-growth
Red-passion
Blue-serenity
Yellow-compassion
Purple-mystery/mastery
Orange-closure

Articles of clothing(I have no experience with bras except relating to their removal)
Boxers-overall mood of the day/first impression
Socks-
Shoes-prior accomplishments
Shorts-
Pants-
Shirt-
Hat-what holds it all together

Please help me fill in the blanks and improve the list.

You know how you can tell what kind of mindset a person has by the clothes he wears and how his shoulders are set? I'm just trying to get it all straight so that I quit wasting my money on mismatched clothing.

Like bright orange shorts and a dark blue shirt. Wearing this combo says(I think) 'I'm working on my sexuality and okay with everyone knowing that.'
>>
Avoid pastel colours. Grayscale, earth tones and sparing use of mute colours is the way to go. I don't have any examples but if you look at outfits which have just one "colourful" piece they always look better than pastel MFA lumberjacks
>>
>>10607505
Nah, I'll stick with my vibrant colors: they make me feel alive and say 'i have something to contribute and plenty of it' while dark clothes are the mark of the hunter, always looking for the steal. Dark clothes are a necessity for blending in with the night and that's just not me.

My favorite getup is blue and white plaid boxers, blue jeans, my blue long sleeve shirt with white lettering and spiffy brown half-hiking shoes over gold toe ankle socks. It reminds me of where the sky meets the sea when you stand at the beach, like if I got a boner it would be the mast of a sailboat on the horizon. For this to work though it is good to be carrying something small, red and flashy.
>>
>>10607336
I hope this answer you some questions anon http://www.buytshortsonline.co.uk/colour-perception/
>>
>>10607962
Post fit pls, sounds interesting
>>
File: 1447541504665967031857.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1447541504665967031857.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>10608267
Fit? I assume you mean pic related
>>
>>10607962
You are taking this in a more emocional way than a physical one.
You see, colors like black, gray, Brown, white are canvas colors. They are colors you can build on top easily and add more vibrant colors to them easily.
Básics color theory explains how each color relate to others in triads, adjacents, and complementaries.
>>
>>10608371
Post pic of u pls anon ily
>>
>>10607336
My favourite track is Seesaw with Romy and Four-Tet. Wbu?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.