[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who makes good suits for men? Mine look cheap and suck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Unknown-1.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
Who makes good suits for men? Mine look cheap and suck.
>>
suit supply is the only acceptable entry level suiting
>>
File: Boglioli perfection.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Boglioli perfection.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
>>10607285
Depends on your budget and style of preference. Some common producers that make good quality suits/jackets in a style I like:

Caruso
Liverano & Liverano
Brunello Cucinelli
Kiton
Isaia
Belvest
Mabro
Sartoria Partenopea

etc.
>>
>>10607285
Are you in a big city? Best budget option is to buy secondhand tailoring in good condition, then have an alteration tailor you trust put the last touches in. Typically this is cheaper than getting a midrange i.e. bad suit new, and lasts literally ten times longer.
>>
I'm obsessive with details, so I really want to know first like who are the big names. Like who is the Apple of suits? What should I look for at a secondhand place?
>>
Suit doesn't need to be made by expensive brand, pretty much every suit looks like shit if it's not custom made or customized according to your measures. Just make sure the quality is decent and take it to a tailor to make it fit your body. Also prefer slim fit suits unless you're fat or just want to look like lawyer from the 70's.

Maybe you should start with suit supply, I haven't tried their suits personally but I've heard the quality is pretty good for the price.
>>
File: Attolini.jpg (119KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
Attolini.jpg
119KB, 500x670px
>>10610067
>who are the big name

Cesare Attolini, followed by Kiton. Unless you already knew that, you don't have to worry about looking for them. Even with a heavy discount, they're still very expensive...

To add to this >>10607455 list of good producers:

B&Taylor
E. Zegna
WW Chang
Huntsman
Tom Ford
Gieves & Hawkes
Sartoria Corcos
Orazio Luciano
G.abo Napoli

etc.

Don't know what you have over where you live, though. With that said, I'd recommend something cheaper at first, like SuitSuppluĂ˝, Lardini, Boglioli on sale etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 600x900px
I want something like this for a decent price in the UK. I'm thinking Next? Is it slim/skinny fit? I'm quite useless. Want it for my graduation and then the Ascot races next year.
>>
File: 288737_main.jpg (24KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
288737_main.jpg
24KB, 514x514px
Does this look good? It's a linen-cotton blend.
>>
>>10611717
That has to be one of the ugliest suits I've ever seen
>>
>>10611861
I agree
>>
>>10611375

I think Top man, is good for cheap suits.
>>
>>10607285
I got myself a Drykorn suit. For a standard /fa/-frame (skinny), their fit is perfect. Make sure you get a 100% Virgin Wool one.

Apart from that I had Boss, Burberry and Dior. Of course their fits vary with model, but generally, I found Boss and Burberry too bulky (although the fabric of my Burberry London suit was probably the best I've seen this far). Dior is flawless, but expensive.

Also, do what this guy said >>10608791
Get a good-fitting suit, and take it to a tailor to make it almost perfect. This will almost always get you a better result for less money than buying on suitsupply or the likes.
>>
>>10613203
Topman is awesome for cheap suits, Don't last forever, but it's not a bad choice if you don't have unlimited funds.
>>
Buy vintage.
Look at all the presidential nominees. All the suits I've seen from them are shit and if you buy a fucking shiny obnoxious tie I will shoot you in your ugly face.
>>
>>10613203
Ok great thankyou. I'll take a look.
>>
>>10613289
Just looked. Nothing sadly
>>
>>10613208
>those brands

ahahaha enjoy your glued shit-suits lmaoooo
>>
>>10611375
I have a next skinny suit I'm really happy with. Grabbing anothah this Christmas on Boxing day.
>>
>>10613323
if you don't buy the cheapest suits they offer, none of the brands I mentioned have a fused interfacing.
If you do, you get what you pay for.
>>
File: I said 'fuck that bitch!'.jpg (170KB, 980x1195px) Image search: [Google]
I said 'fuck that bitch!'.jpg
170KB, 980x1195px
>>10613495
>If you do, you get what you pay for

But anon, even their cheapest, fused jackets are grossly overpriced for what they offer: shit construction, questionable materials and horrible cuts.

That's like, ew.
>>
>>10613559
I disagree.
Think about it: who is the usual /fa/ user and why does he need a suit? Probably a twenty-something guy who needs a suit for his internship or some events. Someone like that would look absolutely ridiculous in a Kiton suit.

First, whether a suit's cut is horrible depends on your body type. While there's some suits out there that have objectively horrible cuts (meaning that they will look bad on just about anyone), the brands I listed don't produce suits that fall into that category.
Second, questionable materials. That's just not true. My Burberry suit is made of Super 140 Merino wool. Boss and Drykorn have lower-tier suits with synthetics, but their 100% wool ones usually use S120.
Third, shit construction. Again, I disagree. I only have one fused suit and it's a shit Armani one I got cheap and rarely wear. The other ones I have are all half-canvassed. To go fully-canvassed isn't necessary in my opinion. Neither are things like working cuffs. I need to wear suits every day and mine have lasted me for 4 years without any problems.

Finally, price: this is a matter of debate. You will never get a suit that is as good as a bespoke suit made from a reputable tailor. But the detriments of the alternative (namely a good OTR suit which has been taken to a tailor) in relation to decrease in price ($5000?) speak for the latter, in terms of cost efficiency. With Boss or Burberry or Dior, of course you also pay for the brand, but then again, you can look for used ones and be sure that they meet a certain standard of quality. Drykorn offers a good cost efficiency even if you buy a new one. Do you have better suggestions?
>>
File: Appeeling.jpg (25KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
Appeeling.jpg
25KB, 395x395px
>>10613607
All I'm saying is that for the same price you (in a general sense) pay for a fused jacket from Boss, you could buy a cheaper and better (in every single way) suit/jacket from many other producers. Tbh I haven't seen (that I know of) many suits from the other producers you mentioned, but as they're 'high fashion' brands, I'm willing to bet their suits look like shit (weird buttonings, heavily padded shoulders for maximum faggot look, skinny/non-existing lapels etc).

TL;DR: never buy suits from 'designer' brands, you're bound to look like a tool...
>>
>>10613607
>You will never get a suit that is as good as a bespoke suit made from a reputable tailor.

Also, this just isn't true. A bespoke suit has the potential to fit better than OTR/MTM but in the end, it all comes down to how skilled the person taking the measurements is. Bespoke in itself isn't a 100%-guarantee that it'll fit perfectly.

Many a times have I seen people wearing OTR-suits that have been slightly altered fit better than MTM/bespoke suits the same people wear...

It's like the faggots at work who think their lives are going to change when they get their first suit from Attolini.
>>
>>10613675
>you could buy a cheaper and better (in every single way) suit/jacket from many other producers
which other producers?

>Tbh I haven't seen (that I know of) many suits from the other producers you mentioned, but as they're 'high fashion' brands, I'm willing to bet their suits look like shit
you should take a look at the suits. it shows that you haven't. None of my suits have heavy padding, none of them have weird buttonings, and while there are many suits with skinny lapels, there are just as many where this doesn't hold true. And to be fair, if you're a skinny twenty-something, you'll look stupid with Prince Charles style lapels.

>it all comes down to how skilled the person taking the measurements is
Read my post again. Pay attention to "a reputable tailor".
Apart from that, I think that the price difference between an altered OTR and an MTM suit doesn't justify buying the latter, except if you are very rich and can afford to buy only the best of the best.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.