[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aging Well Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: ben_hill_img_24.jpg (131KB, 366x549px) Image search: [Google]
ben_hill_img_24.jpg
131KB, 366x549px
What are some general tips to give to people who are looking to take preventive measures towards aging well?
>>
>be male
>don't eat like shit
>exercise a few times a week
>sunscreen
>drink water

Pretty much it desu senpai.
>>
Excercise, use moisturizer and don't get sunburn. Also don't sleep on your face.
>>
Buzzcut and grow beard if you are receding. I just did my first buzzcut, 24 years old. Felt shit at first but with the fullbeard it looks pretty good.

Thanks dad and granddad for giving me awesome beard but shithair.
>>
go to a god tier esthetician somewhat regularly and get a legit facial that does everything, not just smearing stuff on your face, make sure they do extractions
>>
>>10605116
you forgot
>Don't drink a lot
>Don't smoke
>>
>>10605367
>tfw you get out of the shower and dont have to do shit to your hair
>>
don't be a girl over age 22
>>
Look after your elbows, knees, hands and feet, especially around the nails. Learn how to properly cut and file your nails.
>>
hot showers are a small factor in hairloss, but still a factor, so warm to cold showers are besto
eat well, exercise, and grow a beard because it'll do wonders for your skin (hopefully, it does for me)
>>
Do yoga regularly and don't get married
>>
as long as you eat healthy and wear fitted clothing, women will find you attractive

if you wear frumpy shit, and dont work out then no
>>
>>10606318
>grow a beard
i thought shaving was good for your sking
>>
>>10606318
then girls would go bald

where's the logic?
>>
>>10605949
Literally every girl i know thats 22-23 (my age) looks exactly like they did when they were 18 though..
>>
>>10606330
women do go bald.
>>
>>10606330
>he doesn't know
>>
>>10606330
people balding try to find stupid causes for their balding so they can try to stop it, its really simple, if balding is in your genes you will go bald.
>>
>>10605101
no smoking, no drinking, exercise, stay lean, eat healthily, don't use dumb shit like solariums, take care of yourself (teeth, skin, overall health). That's about all you can do.
>>
>>10605116
Do people actually wear sunscreen daily? Like even during the winter?
>>
>>10605444
drinking isnt as bad. getting drunk at parties is ok just dont drink daily, or have a pint or bottle everyday casually.
>>
>>10607353
People are naturally quite adapted to alcohol, as it's very abundant (fruits, bread, juices etc). Still, if you care about a healthy lifestyle, you are better off not drinking at all. The additional calories, dehydration and the occasional stupid shit you do while drunk are probably way more problematic than the direct consequences of alcohol. Personally, I don't drink at all, as I don't really react well to alcohol physiologically as psychologically (usually I somewhat paranoid and really quiet and introverted while drunk. Also I puke really easily, which is a problem I also have with most meds). But yeah, it probably doesn't matter.
>>
>>10605101
My brothers are identical twins. Theyre 36 now. One got a job in cali after college. He started smoking out there.

They both still eat right, and even have that wierd twin thing going on where both will be having stew for dinner on the same night.

My brother who smokes has been for the last ten years and its againg him something fierce.
>>
>>10606333
i need to know what country or planet you're posting from, because i know it's not america. every woman piques at age 21 here, and declines noticeably every year after that.
>>
>>10605101
exercising plays a huge role in it. as someone who's fascinated with aging gracefully, i've read a long of interviews with centenarians. almost all of them do some sort of exercise daily. Bob Hope walked at least 2 miles everyday, and he lived to be 100 and was sharp up until his last years.
but to take it a step further, lifting weights in some capacity will always be good for you. it's good for you physically, and it's good for you mentally. this is probably the most underrated thing you can do for your immediate and long-term health. you don't have to get swole, but turning your fat and flab into a nice cushion of muscle will give you tons of benefits that i don't have time to list here.
additionally, the difference between old people that seem helpless and old people who are still very much lucid is how much they've actually used their brain in their life. i think our generation is going to age much better than old people we see now, as most of them grew up on farms/dropped out of school early to work manual labor. make sure that you're always working your mind by always learning. read books, learn how to do new things, find hobbies that really interest you. if you're always working your mind/body, you'll live long and you'll be lucid enough to enjoy it
>>
>>10607433
im from the uk and i went to cali for 5 weeks and the average girl there was bottom tier in the uk
>>
>>10605101
Basically this >>10605116

Though to be honest as far as sex appeal goes, after a certain point(somewhere in your upper 40s?) it really doesn't matter how well you eat or how much you exercise. Old is old.

Also, the dude in your picture was born in 1980...lol
>>
>>10606324
I think we may have overlooked this one. All my friends go to shit once they have kids. The first few years of no sleep makes one age like crazy.
>>
>>10607423

Same with a cousin of mine. Started smoking while we were in high school. Claims she's going to quit but is 27 now and looks closer to 35. Smoking ages you quick.
>>
>>10606329
You definently want to keep that smoothly shaven face too maintain maximum areodynamics when skiing.
>>
File: max sees a spook.jpg (39KB, 600x233px) Image search: [Google]
max sees a spook.jpg
39KB, 600x233px
>>10605466

>tfw you step into the shower right after giving yourself a buzz cut
>>
File: No Hope.jpg (17KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
No Hope.jpg
17KB, 284x339px
>>10605466
Fuck I miss that, but I look like an inbred redneck from Russia with really short hair
>>
>>10607677
>almost 2016
>not shaving balls, ass-crack, pits, chest and face

What are you doing, man?
>>
>>10607349
Yes, if you don't do it you're the retard that will be looking at those who did and wondering "Why do you look so young and youthful while I look like a shriveled up piece of dog shit?"
>>
>>10607349
yeah, wearing SPF daily is super important, even when its cloudy out since the UV rays can still penetrate the clouds. Wearing SPF daily is also another thing you can actively control in the prevention of skin ageing and cancer
>>
>>10607459
that really says something doesn't it
>>
>>10606333
nigga u blind?
>>
>>10605949
Alcohol ages you pretty badly and for women this means weight gain and stuffy face.

Look at first year university students and compare them to third or fourth year.

Alcohol itself isn't bad, binge drinking is terrible though.
>>
it's been stated a lot, but

>don't eat like crap
>don't smoke
>don't binge drink
>exercise
>take care of your skin
>groom yourself
>avoid unnecessary stress in your life
>>
>>10607479

He's 37, born in 1978.
>>
>>10607737
ahahahahahaha wanting to be 50+ and looking like a baby face
>>
>>10607869
>wanting to be 50+ and looking like a baby face
Said no one here...not that it's even possible. But who wants saggy, wrinkled skin?
>>
File: marcus.jpg (525KB, 1175x900px) Image search: [Google]
marcus.jpg
525KB, 1175x900px
>>10605101

Longer hair, that is styled back nonchalantly with a thin grey beard.

Never too late for that.

Look @ Marcus.
>>
>>10608167
>Never too late for that.
Unless your hair started thinning at age 16...
>>
>>10608176

Implants mate.
>>
File: 1118full-christoph-waltz.jpg (990KB, 1118x1849px) Image search: [Google]
1118full-christoph-waltz.jpg
990KB, 1118x1849px
>>
File: 617x.jpg (28KB, 617x347px) Image search: [Google]
617x.jpg
28KB, 617x347px
>>10608221
>>
>>10605101
Besides taking care of your health is just ignoring anything that is making you feel old (assuming it's not a health problem that needs to be addressed). So many people start saying "I'm too old for [random activity]" or they start paying too much attention to their minor aches and stuff and letting that stress them out and reduce their range of flexibility and so on. Pretty soon they are stuck in the recliner because they "can't" do anything, and when they are out and about they hobble around like they are eager to get themselves behind a walker. This can happen quite young if you don't mentally decide to remain lively in spirit in the face of aging and death. Coming to terms with mortality is a big part of reducing stress, too.

>>10607479
Depends what you mean exactly by sex appeal, but you can go well beyond 40 as a man, and up to 40ish as a woman probably. I know older men and women who made their careers as opera singers and they have a surprising amount of sex appeal as they age. Performers in general. It's a combination of staying healthy and then also being youthful in spirit. The latter is a big part of aging well. Not starting to think of yourself as old. If you do, you will start to limit yourself and you'll start to move and act like an old person, when in reality if you had just kept exercising and thinking of yourself as flexible and as capable of having good posture and physical presence ... it will be self-fulfilling.
>>
>>10607457
/thread
Just stay healthy physically and mentally
>>
>>10608167
I fucking love old men for some reason, an edged face with a grey beard just speaks up to me.
>>
>>10607738
any recommendation on what kind is good to wear?
>>
>>10607738
>wearing SPF daily
I don't want to absorb all that horrible chemical shit, every day. Probably is worse for the skin than a little sun.
>>
>>10607738
>>10608392
>Probably is worse for the skin than a little sun.

Much of it probably is. But there's natural stuff, or you can get some zinc oxide and make your own.
>>
>>10608392
>momlogic

It's perfectly fine, but it's tricky with skin conditions like eczema.
>>
desu senpai
>>
>>10608297
>this whole post
Well said.
>>
>>10608377
I use Avene sunscreen SPF 50 on a daily basis, but I usually moisturize first, so I can put a thin layer of sunscreen after. Its inexpensive and widely available here in europe
>>
>mom is 50 years old and there's no single wrinkle on her skin
it's really about genetics desu
>>
>>10607457
>implying 80% of children born after '95 could get a decent job on their own merit
>>
eat fruit senpai
>>
>>10607707
What to you mean by inbred redneck from Russia?
>>
>>10609709
show pics please, PLEASE!
>>
Embrace the color of your natural hair. Nothing sexier than a salt and pepper silver fox.
>>
is this how you tripcode
>>
>>10612516
Okay got it
>>
>>10612520
hey look at me im tripcoding
hehe
>>
how much sunscreen should I use? I literally had no idea you should be wearing it every day.

Also could anyone suggest some brands? Does it matter?
>>
>>10609709

or you know using retinoids, dermarolling, vitamin c serum etc
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.