[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crunchyroll communism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_20161002_153518.jpg (702KB, 1600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_153518.jpg
702KB, 1600x1800px
Let's talk about why Crunchyroll is shit here's my reason why.

Also cameltoe thread
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 20141127150055f75.jpg (933KB, 1920x2115px) Image search: [Google]
20141127150055f75.jpg
933KB, 1920x2115px
>>
>>
File: 1451335736023.jpg (130KB, 850x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1451335736023.jpg
130KB, 850x1137px
>>
Where can I find those precious Japan streams?
>>
>>1983662
I'm not defending Crunchy because it has a shitty free service, but Crunchy got the license for stream the TV version, so the crunchy uncensored version is TV version and Japan's uncensored version is Bluray version
>>
>>1983662
USA full of cucks and triggers, Crunchy just dont wanna deal with the backlash of them just cause of ecchi
>>
>>1983662

What's this got to do with communism?
>>
>using crunchyroll
>ever

Their team is full of sjws. One of their marketing goys even said that they hope that they can influence future shows with becoming more "westernized"
>>
>>1984120
> Japan's uncensored version is Bluray version

Japan's uncensored version is the ATX broadcast
so DDY version it is then
>>
Now where do i go to watch my uncensored anime?
>>
>>1984266
nyaa, like everyone else.
>>
>>1984266
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=856025
>>
>>1984120
No crunchyroll advertises it as uncensored but they edited out all the.
>>
>>1984120
Ok 4chan cut off most of my post for some reason but what i was saying was crunchyroll advertises it as uncensored but crunchyroll edited out all the cameltoes and poorly at that because it pretty obvious.
>>
>>1984355
So CR is doing their own censoring now, outside of what the publishers sends them?

I've always been a piratefag, but fuck them. CR clearly wants to change what we enjoy.
>>
>>1984372
the publisher probably sent CR the episode and then added the cameltoe later
if you care that much about it, get damedesuyo instead
>>
So Crunchy is editing out cameltoes cause they don't want to deal with backlash? Kinda stupid if you ask me but w/e it's not like I'm fapping while I watch anime.
>>
>>1984417
This is the most likely.

At least it's not as cancerous as the Hybrid x Heart censorship. It's a shit series but even shittier with the full-screen image overlay bullshit. Compared to that, the OP image is fucking nothing.
>>
>>1984355

Crunchyroll doesn't censor shit. That's how it comes to them, one way or the other.
>>
>>1984304
Not hentai anime
>>
>>1983662
Yeah I wouldn't pay for it if they still do that, way too many alternatives. I mean you're fucking PAYING for it.
>>
>>1984160
Wholy shit, that's it. No more cruncyroll for me
>>
>>1984355
That is pure bullshit. CR censors nothing.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/samurai-bride/episode-01-the-first-kiss-623679

They will air whatever they are given. To be fair to you of course you're just ignorant and giving a knee jerk reaction because you already hate CR.
>>
File: nyaa.jpg (238KB, 1196x633px) Image search: [Google]
nyaa.jpg
238KB, 1196x633px
>>1985071
>he doesn't know about sukebe.nyaa

sigh
>>
>>1984160
Sauce?
>>
>>1984160
I want source for this.
>>
why are you watching ecchi on crunchyroll anyway. i dont like to download anime so i use sites like kissanime to watch my uncensored ecchis. I use crunchyroll to watch more mainstream things that dont really matter if they are censored or not, and its also conveniant in the fact the it auto goes to the next episode, but thats just a personal preference
>>
How else can I support the industry? I buy Blu rays for shows I like but there's no way I could afford to legally watch 6 anime per season without Crunchyroll
>>
>>1984160
bullshit

also, this thread sucks
it should be deleted
>>
>>1985838
>industry
explain which 'industry' you want to support. I support Crunchyroll because I support THE TRANSLATORS. I've been watching anime since the 1970s, far longer than most of 4chan has even been alive and I can tell you, anyone who thinks we don't need CR is an idiot. I lived through the 80s where we had to trade badly copied VHS tapes with Doug at the comic book store. I lived through the 90s where we were lucky to find someone with tapes of Evangelion to sell and wondered if Zillion would ever see the light of day (I'm still waiting 20 years later). I lived through the early 2000s where anime finally exploded on American TV and we still had to wonder where to get slice of life or magical girls like Fushigi Mahou Fan Fan Pharmacy and Saint October (yup, still waiting)

You guys think that if it's created in Japan it'll somehow magically get translated and end up in your hands the next day. Let me explain to all you 12 year old preteens without a clue, FANSUBS CANNOT SUPPORT THE TRANSLATING INDUSTRY.

Enjoy having 6 groups all fansubbing popular series X while nobody fansubs the rest all while waiting 6 months to 5 years for a single show to be completed.

You owe Crunchyroll everything even if they never subbed your favorite show because they free up 95% of fansubbers to go after the rest.

And you can all go to hell.
>>
>>1986637
The reason niche shows get subbed isn't because popular shows have "official" subs
the 10 groups fighting over <popular show> want to work on <popular show> to get notoriety for doing <popular show>.
They're not interested in subbing <niche show>, only the subbers that want to sub their niche shows to make sure other people get to see them that otherwise wouldn't can see them.

There's two types of fansubbers. Fame seekers and contributors. Fame seekers are snuffed out by official subs, and good riddance. The contributors continue to contribute, as they have for decades, as if official subs never existed. The only people working on small shows would have already been working on them.

Fansubbing doesn't pay. People that weren't going to sub something unpopular aren't going to sub unpopular thing because it's the only "job" they can find. They will just not do any subbing.
>>
>>1986638
No sorry friend. You can't fool me, I lived through it.

Because now that CR exists the only way to get notoriety is through <niche shows> and because CR subtitles shows that would never have seen the light of day it allows even your so called 'contributors' to focus on shows that are missed.

Stuff Like
http://www.crunchyroll.com/lilpri
http://www.crunchyroll.com/donyatsu
http://www.crunchyroll.com/folktales-from-japan
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fairy-musketeers
http://www.crunchyroll.com/mahou-shoujo-naria-girls
http://www.crunchyroll.com/twin-angel-twinkle-paradise
http://www.crunchyroll.com/bottom-biting-bug
http://www.crunchyroll.com/chis-sweet-home-chis-new-address

Think anyone would have fansubbed most of this stuff before 2005? You barely even know what's out there friend.

Do you know how long I waited for Season 4 of Pretty Cure? About 5 years. Now people are subtitling Aikatsu and Pretty Rhythm as soon as episodes are released? That would have been impossible a decade ago. They would be too busy trying to fansub Sound Euphonium and Brave Witches to bother.
>>
File: ehhh.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>1986637
Does anyone else physically cringe when they read lies that are this painfully obvious?
>>
>>1986798
No but I cringe when people call something a lie just because it disagrees with their preconceived ideas.
>>
>>1986812
The problem with your story is that 1. you sound like a paid employee or marketing stooge from CR and 2. you'd have be AT LEAST be pushing fifty for your story to be even remotely believable.

Let's completely ignore the matters of anime being almost non-existent in the Western markets in the seventies, and the issue of what equipment you'd have been watching/recording it on during that time period, because it sure as fuck wasn't a VHS system.

You didn't have that kind of money, and I'm betting your parents didn't either. Even if they did, something tells me they weren't financially supporting your VHS bootlegging habits in the seventies, and quite possibly the eighties, too. The earliest you could have gotten your hands on a VHS unit outside of Japan would have been 1976, and you wouldn't have been able to afford it, nor would you have had any sort of community around you to trade tapes with at the time. (The format wasn't "widely" adopted until around the mid eighties, and even then it was a slim to non-existent selection for anything even remotely niche.) So what format was all this seventies era anime watching/trading taking place on? And who in the fuck would you have been trading with?
>>
File: 1448253329420.jpg (2MB, 4295x3018px) Image search: [Google]
1448253329420.jpg
2MB, 4295x3018px
>>1986817
>pushing fifty
yes, and?

Television. Do you know what television is? At no point did I say I was trading tapes in the 70s. I started watching anime with Battle of the Planets, Starblazers, and Speed Racer. Later Tranzor Z, Voltron, and Sylvanian Families in the early 80s. I don't think I'd consider Jace and the Wheeled Warriors anime but it was damned close. Then Robotech started my collecting. I bought the old set of tapes when they were coming out but got canceled because Carl Macek was sued. Then he tried selling tapes again and got sued again so the series was never finished until the 2000s when it was released on DVD. I was in jr high and spending my paper route money (remember newspapers?) which made my mother angry.

I used the Robotech I had to trade by then for raw tapes of series. There was an asian guy who's name escapes me at the comic book store who got a few raw shows out of Japan for my brother and I. It's how we watched the original Macross, Bubblegum Crisis, and Unico but since the 90s Streamline Pictures debuted and there was no need to trade anymore. Anime was sort of popular in California by then and you could rent it at Tower Records across town so there was no need to trade with asian guy direct from Japan.

Fansubs went mainstream with the invention of the internet. You could find sites and email people who would dub tapes for you. I would take their tapes and redub them in college in the health department because they had two VCRs nobody was paying attention to then trade them to friends for official releases of shows like Ranma 1/2 and F3. I remember in 2000 counting up how much I'd spent on anime over the years and realizing it was over $10,000 by that point. We used to joke that crack cocaine was cheaper than a hobby in anime.
>>
>>1987238
Ok, grandpa, this is a great story and all, but why the almost religious fervor in defending Crunchyroll?
>>
>>1987244
I will direct you to the original question
>>1985838
and ask again, which industry do you want to support?

The creation of anime? Then import BDs of all the shows you watch.

The translators of anime? Then you have three choices (and you do have a choice)

https://www.crunchyroll.com/
http://www.funimation.com/
http://www.daisuki.net

I've never understood 4chan's religious hatred of Crunchyroll with comments like 'I hope CR burns to the ground' or 'I can't wait till they run out of money'. You are biting the hand that feeds you. If you don't want to support them, fine. I don't care. They have tens of thousands of subscribers already and don't need you. But you should damned well appreciate them.
>>
>>1986637
Meh, I just learned Japanese. Now I'm dependent on no-one.

良い気持ち、兄
>>
>>1986637
Lets completely ignore the 00's and pretend that anime subgroups where never a thing and we were still trading VHS tapes around. Neck yourself you retarded faggot.
>>
>>1986637
>>1986649
>>1987238
>>1987425
I'm nowhere near as old as you, but I remember in the 90's you either watched whatever anime that was available on TV and/or hunt for vhs' that had 3-4 episodes of a show on them. I appreciated the fansubs for holding it down during the early 00's but sites like CR really are a positve fixture for anime IMO.
>>
That happens when you watch shitty fanservice shows.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.