[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I bought a second hand chainsaw. I need a new chain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Chainsaw.jpg (132KB, 2100x598px) Image search: [Google]
Chainsaw.jpg
132KB, 2100x598px
Hey guys I bought a second hand chainsaw. I need a new chain because the one it has is far gone. I've ordered one online that matches the old one but when I search the bar model it says it needs a 56 link chain but the chain I have on the saw now is a 57 link chain?
>>
>>988786
Depends on if its the stock bar or not.
>>
>>988792
I've searched the bar model but I doesn't show exactly the same one mines a bit different. will the chain still fit if it's one link to big? I know the chain is the right pitch and gauge.
>>
>>988793
Most likely no.
>>
>>988811
fucking chainsaw chains are so confusing. the chain had on it when it got the saw was a 57 drive link chain so I hoping it will fit but if not I'll send it back.
>>
>>988786
Just take it to a Mccoys or other lawn store, they know what they are doing.
>>
>>988816
I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm in England btw.
>>
>>988819
Don't you need a licence for a chainsaw in Bongland? Didn't they teach you about chains in your safety course?
>>
>>988819
Motorbike shop might be able to knock a link out for you if there's no one else to do it
>>
>>988819
aren't you supposed to bin that chainsaw?
>>
>>988823
no you don't need a licence lol. I didn't take a safety course my mate showed me the basics he's a tree surgeon.
>>988825
I've the stuff to do that but you need a master link don't you?.
>>
>>988823
normal saws are unregulated.

you need a license (to prove you took tree surgeon training) before a retailer will let you buy a top handle chainsaw.
if you ask me, it's one of the less stupid safety laws we've come up with. it stops plebs buying the 'cute little saw' that looks like it would be safer.
>>
File: ChainSawSafety.jpg (106KB, 620x726px) Image search: [Google]
ChainSawSafety.jpg
106KB, 620x726px
>>988823
Not a law, but some US hardware stores won't sell you a chainsaw until you watch a 10 minute safety video. Probably a fear of lawsuits.
>>
>>988786
Maybe you suck at counting.

your chain has 55 links.
>>
The chain arrived it fits. Thanks for the help. It's a Oregon multicut chain best chain I've ever used. Used it for 6 hours straight and it didn't lose it's edge at all.
>>
>>988999
Why would you think it has 55?
>>
>>988834

>tree surgeon training

You mean a fucking arborist?

Goddamn you Brits and your job descriptions

>looking for job as a laborer
>country has no labor work
>talk to friends
>should have typed "executive material and equipment handler"
>>
>>989028
used to be fookin tree fellers.
even when they wos irish, and there were only two o ' them.
>>
>>988834
>need to cut up a small tree
>no one will let me borrow a chainsaw
>Say fuck it and so buy one
>Have to go through training
>$30 rarely used chainsaw now costs me up to $130 or more
>Still cut off leg because a tree limb did something unexpected like swing the wrong way
wew lad
>>
You can buy any saw you want without training in the UK. But I wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/husqvarna-3120xp-petrol-chainsaw-90-107cm-guide-bar.html
>>
>>988863
Which ones? I've never heard of this.
>>
>>988815
>>988786
take saw to local shop... tel need a new chain... get a new chain ... dont you have a manual ?
>>988823
in what shithole do you live?
>>989028
well brits fuck up evrithing they touch
>>989058
borowed my saw to uncle one time saw came back totaly dirty and with fucked chain... faggot sawed tree roots... Never borov tools to enyone...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.