[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pallets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Pallets.jpg (8KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
Pallets.jpg
8KB, 266x190px
I have alot of pallets standing around and was wondering what to do with them. Being a farmer i thought about mounting some wheels on them and make movable fences, or does /diy/ have a better idea?
>>
>>986255
They make good chicken trackers.
>>
>>986256
I mainly have cows and broilers but thats still a good idea for my brother`s farm.
>>
>>986255
Burn them.
>>
File: hochbeet.jpg (84KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
hochbeet.jpg
84KB, 736x551px
>>986255
build some raised beds for kitchen herbs, veggies and strawberries
if you put down one as the floor, you can even move them around with the lift fork of your traktor
>>
File: Paletten-Möbel.jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Paletten-Möbel.jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
>>986303
you can also make pretty nice furniture
>>
>>986304
>pretty nice furniture
>pallets

pic one
>>
Convert them into lightweight movable benches. I'd imagine it would be convenient to have lightweight benches you could move around for your day to day, whether it be out in the field or in the garage.

While not really relevant to your interests I'm grabbing a few dozen pallets this weekend to stuff with foam to build a small home recording studio.
>>
>>986255
Make paper from them.
>>
You could make a bed frame and pit some leds in it
>>
>>986304
No, you can make furniture that looks like it was made from pallets. Nice or not, it still sucks.

Stack firewood on them. Or buy a couple cases of beer and have a bonfire...
>>
>>
aren't pallets treated with something? might want to check that out before making beds for vegetables
>>
>>987045
yes
>>
>>986316
>>986957

Do not underestimate pallets.

MOST pallet projects i have seen are sloppy, lazy piles of shit. but if you take time and pick though the pile of shit to get pallets in decent shape and take your time sanding them you can make some nice stuff.

Stack a few pallets on top of each other and nail them in place then throw a pillow on top. call it a rustic chair and sell it to a hipster.

But if you take your time to get them smooth (planer and sanding) you can end up with some usefull boards for free.
>>
>>987045
if they've got colored paint, yes. but the cheapy bare colored wood ones used for farming/transporting farming goods don't have those coatings.
>>
File: Pots-on-Wooden-Pallet_wm.jpg (122KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
Pots-on-Wooden-Pallet_wm.jpg
122KB, 446x336px
>>987029
that is a great idea. If you don't mind all the awful chemicals in pallets leeching into your soil and your food.

the "hanging pallet flower/succlent garden" is fine though.

Or use it to create a vertical garden by attaching pots to it for growing instead like this guy. It doesnt look great, but someone with some skill could easily improve on that.
>>
Swimming pool. http://www.sliptalk.com/diy-pallet-swimming-pool/
>>
>>987057
>useful boards

No mate. You end up with splintery cheap shit pallet wood.
>>
>>986290
Rolling for this
>>
>>987057
Or, since I value my time a little more than that, I could just buy some decent wood. And get way better results.

But I gotta agree on the selling sloppy work to hipsters. Fuck 'em!
>>
>>987045
Depends on if they've been heat or pressure treated or methyl bromide fumigated.
>>
File: followyourderams.jpg (732KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
followyourderams.jpg
732KB, 766x1200px
You know what to do OP.
>>
>>987061
That isn't true at all.
>>
>>987062
http://www.1001pallets.com/pallet-safety/

tl;dr most pallets aren't treated with methyl bromide, only heat, and you can look at the stamp to tell how they were treated
>>
>>986255
They make good underground bunkers that is of you use imitation crab meat as insulation
>>
>>988276
Fuckin hell kid. Not this shit again.

Cook your imitation crab meat over them and be fuckin done with it.
>>
>>986255
https://youtu.be/nAmtj4dBYuA make a biketrials and let kids have fun
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.