[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wood type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I am planning to build the same wood panel that is on the picture. Can anyone determine what sort of wood the panels are made of and what surface treatment it has?

Thanks,
>>
Same as that picture would be CGI
>>
>>964418
muh hogany
probably polyurethane on account of the gloss
>>
Pallet wood.
>>
>>964418
Looks to be knot free pine plywood stained and coated with a gloss.. Tbh.
>>
>I am planning to build the same wood panel

I hope you are MC Esher, because by the looks of it, achieving that geometry (wtf is going on here top left corner? - right hand side is wall inset..), maybe difficult. Same with the finish, its 3d BS, but walnut veneer or something maybe an irl approximation.

>that filename.jpeg
>>
>>964439
left hand side, the wood's the bottom of a soffet. The wood goes up around the headboard, comes 90 degrees forward on the right hand side, 90 degrees to horizontal for the soffet, and follows the soffet.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (326KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
326KB, 900x582px
>>964439
Do you know what a reflection is? Or are you confused about something else? There is nothing strange about that picture
>>
>>964418
veneered MDF
>>
>>964418
Its not wood it's wood effect poly vinyl, or engineered veneer. Look up any good veneer place and they will match it for you from the photo. It comes finished like that already with a protective film over it for use during the fit out
>>
It's supposed to be mahogany, it could just be a similar wood that's stained, but the grain is tight like with mahogany.

I would be inclined to believe it's mahogany plywood or mdf, just because the cost of solid mahogany would be much more than something engineered. Could even be that cork stuff they're using for flooring now, that already comes with a high gloss finish. Ply would be good here because you will only see one side, and it's inherently stable, where as solid wood has a tendency to move. Plywood can still move, but it's less likely. Unless you're that one anon who ordered the stack of birch Ply and they were all bowed.

If it is mahogany Ply it's probably stained anyways, lightly with something to bring out the reds. Finish is probably a high gloss water based finish if it was done in a factory. Something like a polyacrylic or water borne lacquer. It doesn't need to be. A high quality polyurethane will be durable, but a high quality oil based lacquer put on in several thin coats would allow a finish rubbed to a mirror like gloss. Finish would probably be best sprayed, not brushed, unless you're very good with a brush and sand paper.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.