[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guitar repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: _c55137_image_0.jpg (49KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
_c55137_image_0.jpg
49KB, 600x799px
So I have had this guitar for several years now.
Pic isn't mine but exact guitar with different pick ups. Recently the coil tap on the tone knob stopped working correctly and has to be engaged to have tone at all. And also the switch works in rhythm but lead has a short and if I flick it enough it works.. is there anything I can do short of driving it 30 miles to the closest music shop
>>
>open control cavity
>use a small drop of flux on the solder joints
>touch them with a soldering iron for 1 or 2 seconds until they melt
>remove soldering iron from premises

They should be shiny now and the joint should be good again
>>
>>963833
Thanks I will try this.
>>
>>963825
According to Dave, disuse can cause oxidation of guitar electronics. He says first thing to try is working the shit out of them: roll your pots back and forth like crazy for several seconds with the side of your hand, flip your switches the same way, then blow them out with compressed air if that fails. It's free, won't hurt the parts of they really are broken, and quick. And Dave's pretty damned cool, so it's worth a shot.
>>
>>963866
I have shaken them back and forth and yes it will work eventually but when I put it down and come back it is back how it was. I'm sure it's pretty dusty in there desu. I'll try this as well when I get home.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.